Scotlands Win, Bad For Rangers?

BlueSuedeSambas

yes it was a fantastic result but some of the posts have opened my eyes tonight.

DOUBT IT!

maybe when you wake up in the morning and read what you have posted then you will change your mind. <_<

I doubt it.

The older generation are never happy, things are never the way they used to be, and the new generation are always at fault!

The NIAR near misses were the result of weaknesses in our game. Had we always played at 100% we'd have throttled the league far more than we did.

Tonights result was more of an achievement because the competition was far, far tougher than Aberdeen, Motherwell or Celtic ever provided ffs.

Not to say I'd swap it, but trying to compare the two things are completely insane.

thats what i have been saying since my first post, tonights result was fantastic but how could you swap it for nine titles.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg moan moan moan,this place gets worse,instead of celebrating a great win theres the usual bickering by the same people,i wonder if any of these "usual" moaners actually realise that other people are allowed an opinion wether it differs from theirs or not :(

i knew you would be on, go on tell me you would swap tonights result for nine in a row, it was a fantastic result tonight but who in their right mind would say its better than winning nine titles.

yes it was a fantastic result but some of the posts have opened my eyes tonight.

DOUBT IT!

maybe when you wake up in the morning and read what you have posted then you will change your mind. <_<

I doubt it.

The older generation are never happy, things are never the way they used to be, and the new generation are always at fault!

The NIAR near misses were the result of weaknesses in our game. Had we always played at 100% we'd have throttled the league far more than we did.

Tonights result was more of an achievement because the competition was far, far tougher than Aberdeen, Motherwell or Celtic ever provided ffs.

Not to say I'd swap it, but trying to compare the two things are completely insane.

thats what i have been saying since my first post, tonights result was fantastic but how could you swap it for nine titles.

:rolleyes:

Why does it have to be better or worse or equal than us winning nine titles? Why can't we be delighted with our memories of 9IAR, and delighted with our country's result tonight? :D

your right after a fantastic result nine in a row should not even be brought into the posts tonight. (tu)

i havent and wouldnt say its better,but its not something you can compare,club football and international football are two totally diffrent kinds of football,with club football theres more effort put in over a long hard season and obviously 9inar was 9 seasons of hard graft,were as international can be decided by a lucky goal even though your under the cosh the whole game,it was a great achievement tonight(last night :P ) but obviously 9 league titles in a row cant be lucky and can never be understated,and most likely never beaten or equalled again :)

but like most other threads this decends into a farce with people questioning each others allegiencies,why ffs ? most of us are scottish and proud,all of us here are rangers supporters ( none more than others ),just lets all be happy with the result and let people have their own opinions without having a go at them for it.

A performance like that, where your on the back foot for the majority of the game takes a lot out of every player playing.

With Rangers two most potent attacking outlets, Ferguson and Hutton, along with a player whos true value shines through in difficult away games, McCulloch, both playing the entire 90 minutes tonight I have to wonder if they might be a bit fatigued come the weekend.

I hope this is not the case as we have a very difficult game against Hearts followed by the small matter of playing in The Champions League too.

We need our best players at 100%, hopefully this extra fitness training and conditioning that WS put the players through comes up trumps, otherwise we could see a very static and frustrating performance at the weekend.

You are right, they will certainly have to dig deep at Tynecastle but on the upside they must have a huge upsurge in confidence after a performance like that. Who knows, this may be Naismith's big chance (or even Gow's :D)

Yet another thread that finds us pathetically split down the middle. Im very pro-RFC over country

......but surely we can all agree it was an astonishing victory, and take it at its own merits.

Players involved in the game will surely be on a high for saturday. WATP.

A performance like that, where your on the back foot for the majority of the game takes a lot out of every player playing.

With Rangers two most potent attacking outlets, Ferguson and Hutton, along with a player whos true value shines through in difficult away games, McCulloch, both playing the entire 90 minutes tonight I have to wonder if they might be a bit fatigued come the weekend.

I hope this is not the case as we have a very difficult game against Hearts followed by the small matter of playing in The Champions League too.

We need our best players at 100%, hopefully this extra fitness training and conditioning that WS put the players through comes up trumps, otherwise we could see a very static and frustrating performance at the weekend.

We could play a reserve side and beat that shite Hearts

I'm sure Ferguson and Hutton will both be more than fit enough to play on Saturday.

Their confidence should be sky high (especially Hutton) and the adrenaline pumped from that should see them through. But even if not, this is why we have such a large squad now so we can afford to rest players as much as we can. Arguably, McCulloch and Boyd come into that category while Ferguson and Hutton are too important to leave out. This is the juggling act the management team, physios and players themselves will have to cope with.

With regards to the question, I don't think it will affect Rangers that much, even with two difficult games coming up, a lot of our players were on international duty, Beasley, Cousin and those playing for Scotland, but we have enough in strength and depth to cope with it, as we have to cope with midweek and weekend games at club level.

The guys who played last night will be fine.

IMO McCulloch won't start as he was the only one who lloked out on his feet at the end.

Barry has played numerous games per week for years this is nothing new to him

As for HUtton he looked like he could have gone and played another 90 minutes lastnight his fitness level are outstanding.

Utterly pathetic to put a negative spin on a great night for Scotland. I'd happily lose on Saturday for this result.

i knew somebody would draw something negative from that scotland result tonight doh

Nothing like two of the tartan army trying to turn what was a very reasonable question, on what is primarily a RFC forum might I add, into something that it was never meant to be doh

Infact, please tell me how I'm trying to draw something negative from the Scotland game by asking if our players will still be at 100% on Saturday?

I never said oh FFS damn you Scotland your gonna cost RFC the league did I?

you were trying to draw a negative for rangers from scotlands result by questioning the players fitness for the trip to tynecastle. but i realise you are more of a rangers man so i see why you'd be concerned (tu) but dont worry it will be 6 wins out of 6 after the game on saturday :rangers:

you were trying to draw a negative for rangers from scotlands result by questioning the players fitness for the trip to tynecastle. but i realise you are more of a rangers man so i see why you'd be concerned (tu) but dont worry it will be 6 wins out of 6 after the game on saturday :rangers:

Thats not drawing a negative though, it's simply raising what is a very valid and reasonable point.

Drawing a neagtive would be blatanlty saying that McFaddens goal was a flash in the pan, that France deserved to win the game and that Scotland just sat in for the majority of the game.

We seen how badly we played against Gretna after a draining away game against RSB and I merely asked if we would see a similar thing happen again this weekend as a result of an even more draining game.

As you said though, I still think Rangers will win on Saturday. I just don't expect it to be as comfortable as it could of been had there not been internationals (tu)

Drawing a neagtive would be blatanlty saying that McFaddens goal was a flash in the pan, that France deserved to win the game and that Scotland just sat in for the majority of the game.

now come on, you know faddys goal was a wonder strike ;)

Thats not drawing a negative though, it's simply raising what is a very valid and reasonable point.

We seen how badly we played against Gretna after a draining away game against RSB and I merely asked if we would see a similar thing happen again this weekend as a result of an even more draining game.

As you said though, I still think Rangers will win on Saturday. I just don't expect it to be as comfortable as it could of been had there not been internationals (tu)

One difference between this and the Gretna game is the majority of our team was not involved last night playing in any games unlike the whole team being involved V RSB.

Cuellar, AM, Papac, Thomson, Beasley, Boyd, Whittaker, JCD, Cousin etc did not play internationals. They will be fresh (tu)

We beat them 4-0 without breaking sweat, imo we had plenty in reserve had we needed it.