Barry Ferguson our only Scottish World Class player !

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All credit to the national team on their exploits so far but the man that stands head and shoulders above the rest is Barry Ferguson, to me the rest are just the cast and he's the star man. This guy will lift copious amounts of trophies for us no danger ! Captain of Rangers and Scotland ! :sherlock:

copious ?????????????

Sorry WTB I know it's above your ken ! Abundance, a wealth of ! You'll learn ! ;):sherlock:

something he has singularly failed to do since returning to Rangers

If however, he does pick up a trophy or two in the next year or two it will be because of the return of Smith and the players he has brought in and nothing to do with the on field leadership of Ferguson.

A lot to do with Barry, why do you think WS is there ? It's because PLG is not ! Also any time he has been missing in the line up we look lacking ! :sherlock::sherlock:

Walter is here to sort out the debacle that saw Ferguson dominate and lead us to failure. And you have jjust highlighted another problem which illustrates that while he is certainly our best player his influence is not always the most positive to take the club forward. When the chips are down he does not have the capacity to drag us out, when things are going well he can be outstanding.

He dragged us out of the PLG debacle,thank Christ, when Murray didn't have the guts to do it alone ! :sherlock:

we lose against Celtic next week and we are no better off now than we were under PLG

We'd have strugglin to get UEFA cup place if PLG and his misfit signings were still here, win or lose we are light years better off and an even better future in store ! :sherlock:

All credit to the national team on their exploits so far but the man that stands head and shoulders above the rest is Barry Ferguson, to me the rest are just the cast and he's the star man. This guy will lift copious amounts of trophies for us no danger ! Captain of Rangers and Scotland ! :sherlock:

copious ?????????????

Sorry WTB I know it's above your ken ! Abundance, a wealth of ! You'll learn ! ;):sherlock:

If however, he does pick up a trophy or two in the next year or two it will be because of the return of Smith and the players he has brought in and nothing to do with the on field leadership of Ferguson.

A lot to do with Barry, why do you think WS is there ? It's because PLG is not ! Also any time he has been missing in the line up we look lacking ! :sherlock::sherlock:

Walter is here to sort out the debacle that saw Ferguson dominate and lead us to failure. And you have jjust highlighted another problem which illustrates that while he is certainly our best player his influence is not always the most positive to take the club forward. When the chips are down he does not have the capacity to drag us out, when things are going well he can be outstanding.

He dragged us out of the PLG debacle,thank Christ, when Murray didn't have the guts to do it alone ! :sherlock:

we lose against Celtic next week and we are no better off now than we were under PLG

We'd have strugglin to get UEFA cup place if PLG and his misfit signings were still here, win or lose we are light years better off and an even better future in store ! :sherlock:

Did you watch us that season? I think, to be fair looking at what has happened since, is that PLG, nice, classy guy as he i, is not the manager he was made out to be, there were stories at the time that anyone could have done the Lyon job, and, seems to be the case! His signings were worse than Ecks!

Back on topic, i would say Ferguson, Gordon, McFadden and Hutton are definately world class, consistency does not matter, the best in the world dont do it every game

first touch aside, Brown looks perfectly at home internationally, McManus... erm... really surprised me and have been impressed with him for Scotland. Miller dodnt do anything (for me) that Boyd wouldnt or couldnt have done yesterday, he seems to have lost his touch too. Lee was very good. Pearson is a headless chicken and i hoped even Dailly would have replaced him!

Over the last few game, if all are free, i would imagine you cant leave out...

Gordon

Hutton

McManus

Ferguson

Brown

McFadden

That seems to be the case, am not convinced about LB, i would have rather McEveley was on yesterday, he might be young, but, Scotland are lacking pace at the back apart from Hutton, so, 2 pacey full backs would be good. on recent displays, I kinda think we missed Hartley (for Pearson)

Heres a dilemma...

If Davie Moyes phoned Walter tomorrow and asked will you swap Barry for Mcfadden.....would you ?

No, that isnt a dilema, that leaves McCulloch, or Beasley, or Gow on the bench, and gives us a Hemdani/Thomson/Faye/Adam midfield.... nah :)

I agree about arteta to an extent, but, to paraphrase a former member, the wee puff couldnt wait to leave us, so, i would question him coming back. very talented, but, you can take him out of a game by kicking him, he then disappears into a corner for the rest of the game... which is a shame

Heres a dilemma...

If Davie Moyes phoned Walter tomorrow and asked will you swap Barry for Mcfadden.....would you ?

No, that isnt a dilema, that leaves McCulloch, or Beasley, or Gow on the bench, and gives us a Hemdani/Thomson/Faye/Adam midfield.... nah :)

I agree about arteta to an extent, but, to paraphrase a former member, the wee puff couldnt wait to leave us, so, i would question him coming back. very talented, but, you can take him out of a game by kicking him, he then disappears into a corner for the rest of the game... which is a shame

Not true and never was. He wouldn't be able to perform at such a high level in the BPL if he were a shrinking violet. He has done better than Ferguson ever did in the Premiership with Blackburn. Would swop Arteta for Ferguson in a flash and for football reasons only.

As for the title of this thread. No. Ferguson is not world class.

Heres a dilemma...

Would I f*ck, I wouldn't swap McFadden and £10million for Ferguson!

Me and my wee brother were talking about this yesterday after the game: "What will we do when Barry retires?"

It may be a long time before we find a player of his quality who has the passion for Rangers.

As for Fletcher and Brown, they will never be half the player Ferguson is.

Me and my wee brother were talking about this yesterday after the game: "What will we do when Barry retires?"

It may be a long time before we find a player of his quality who has the passion for Rangers.

As for Fletcher and Brown, they will never be half the player Ferguson is.

John Fleck????

hmm interesting that those at blackburn dont rate him and neither did the premership fans, perhaps he like being the big fish in the little pond

Source?

His ex-teammate Marcus Babbel seems to disagree... Stuttgart coach Markus Babbel rates Rangers captain Barry Ferguson in the same class as his former Bayern Munich teammate, Stefan Effenberg.

Former defender Babbel told the Sunday Mail: "I arrived at Blackburn just before Barry but right away I could see he was something special. He's a leader. Barry makes the difference. Even if he's not on top form the other players are still happy he's on the pitch because he has this presence.

"I had the same thing with Effenberg at Bayern. He couldn't play superbly in every game but if he was on the pitch I felt well. You can see Barry is the inspiration to his team-mates. He isn't an Indian - he's the chief. You need an organiser and in that sense he's like Effenberg and probably even Roy Keane.

"Barry isn't the type of person who will just agree with people for the sake of it. If he's not happy with something he will tell you. If someone isn't playing well or misses a pass or something then he will be shouting.

"He didn't have the captain's armband at Blackburn but doesn't need to have something around his arm to be the way he is. You can see with his body language that he's a leader. He doesn't drop his shoulders, his chest is always out and you can see he's a proud guy.

"Barry is something special. He can score goals, play good passes to create openings and is good at set-pieces. He brings everything to the team. His arms are always up and he tries to get as much out of his team-mates as possible."

Also, another Blackburn team-mate in Gary Flitcroft:

Despite all the recent signings Ewood Park was rocked when captain and Scotland international midfielder Barry Ferguson handed in a written transfer request as Rangers attempt to lure their former talisman back North but Hughes is keen to keep the £6.5 million signing in Lancashire.

Opinion is split amongst the Blackburn fans regarding the ‘homesick’ former Rangers player but Richard Conway believes that Ferguson’s presence in the team is vital to the side.

“I think he's been very important to the side, central midfield has been a problem position for us as both Flitty and Tugay seem to be in the twilight of their careers, and Ferguson has given us some much needed solidity and quality in there. I think £7.5 million would be about right for him! Rangers have money after the sale of Boumsong and to let Fergie leave for any less than we paid for him would be bad business. I actually can't see him wanting to leave, it would be like admitting defeat and I think Barry Ferguson is the sort of player who's determined to prove himself at a higher level than the Scottish league.â€

And, an article from a friend of mine ;)http://www.rangersmedia.com/ezine/april2007/boysinblue2.html

copious ?????????????

Unbeaten in Europe with us.

If we lose next week, we have about the same points that we had at the same point under Le Guen, that should be a sobering thought for us.

Heres a dilemma...

Not true and never was. He wouldn't be able to perform at such a high level in the BPL if he were a shrinking violet. He has done better than Ferguson ever did in the Premiership with Blackburn. Would swop Arteta for Ferguson in a flash and for football reasons only.

so, go back and watch arteta playing for us then! and, BPL? confused me that did

For those that say if they can play in the prem? ... juninho, Emerson, Jeffers, G'uivarch, Bernard.......?????

and yeah Muff, Fleck indeed, well spotted :)

copious ?????????????

Unbeaten in Europe with us.

If we lose next week, we have about the same points that we had at the same point under Le Guen, that should be a sobering thought for us.

in the UEFA cup!!! not champions league, less sobering

Heres a dilemma...

so, go back and watch arteta playing for us then!

I remember him playing for us and all this, "he's a wee poofter" stuff is simplistic shite. Yet another good player who was under appreciated here.

Heres a dilemma...

so, go back and watch arteta playing for us then!

I appreciated him for his talent, but, his attitude was terrible, I suppose the excuse is available that he wasreally quite young, but, I remember him vanishing from games after someone gace him a "Dave McPherson" tackle!Maybe he matured and his attitude improved, but, it was shocking at times. always had a scowl on his face. i really wanted him to xucceed, and, was very happy when we signed him, but, ultimately found him a disappointent

I remember him playing for us and all this, "he's a wee poofter" stuff is simplistic shite. Yet another good player who was under appreciated here.

hmm interesting that those at blackburn dont rate him and neither did the premership fans, perhaps he like being the big fish in the little pond

Source?

His ex-teammate Marcus Babbel seems to disagree... Stuttgart coach Markus Babbel rates Rangers captain Barry Ferguson in the same class as his former Bayern Munich teammate, Stefan Effenberg.

Former defender Babbel told the Sunday Mail: "I arrived at Blackburn just before Barry but right away I could see he was something special. He's a leader. Barry makes the difference. Even if he's not on top form the other players are still happy he's on the pitch because he has this presence.

"I had the same thing with Effenberg at Bayern. He couldn't play superbly in every game but if he was on the pitch I felt well. You can see Barry is the inspiration to his team-mates. He isn't an Indian - he's the chief. You need an organiser and in that sense he's like Effenberg and probably even Roy Keane.

"Barry isn't the type of person who will just agree with people for the sake of it. If he's not happy with something he will tell you. If someone isn't playing well or misses a pass or something then he will be shouting.

"He didn't have the captain's armband at Blackburn but doesn't need to have something around his arm to be the way he is. You can see with his body language that he's a leader. He doesn't drop his shoulders, his chest is always out and you can see he's a proud guy.

"Barry is something special. He can score goals, play good passes to create openings and is good at set-pieces. He brings everything to the team. His arms are always up and he tries to get as much out of his team-mates as possible."

Despite all the recent signings Ewood Park was rocked when captain and Scotland international midfielder Barry Ferguson handed in a written transfer request as Rangers attempt to lure their former talisman back North but Hughes is keen to keep the £6.5 million signing in Lancashire.

Opinion is split amongst the Blackburn fans regarding the ‘homesick’ former Rangers player but Richard Conway believes that Ferguson’s presence in the team is vital to the side.

“I think he's been very important to the side, central midfield has been a problem position for us as both Flitty and Tugay seem to be in the twilight of their careers, and Ferguson has given us some much needed solidity and quality in there. I think £7.5 million would be about right for him! Rangers have money after the sale of Boumsong and to let Fergie leave for any less than we paid for him would be bad business. I actually can't see him wanting to leave, it would be like admitting defeat and I think Barry Ferguson is the sort of player who's determined to prove himself at a higher level than the Scottish league.â€

And, an article from a friend of mine ;)http://www.rangersmedia.com/ezine/april2007/boysinblue2.html

then again, fans and people on internet forums know more than the players around him :P

Opinion is not always fact haha

Did you watch us that season? I think, to be fair looking at what has happened since, is that PLG, nice, classy guy as he i, is not the manager he was made out to be, there were stories at the time that anyone could have done the Lyon job, and, seems to be the case! His signings were worse than Ecks!

You simply can't judge a manager on half a season. Le Guen had a terrible start with Lyon before taking them on to win three consecutive championships. I personally think the Le Guen era was a complete farce and much of that was the man himself's fault - some of his signings were poor (though players like Papac are still doing a job for us) - but Murray didn't cover himself in glory either by not giving a manager of his standing the backing he needed nor the time to turn things around.

When I think back to the Le Guen era I think there's certainly some reason to think he wasn't the manager he was made out to be, but the reality is that even if Le Guen had been the second coming of Jose Mourinho I doubt he would have succeeded given the way he was treated by both the chairman and certain members of the squad. Ferguson by all accounts was more concerned with cutting his nose to spite his face than getting behind the manager and trying to sort the team out.

Bazza is diffrent class :P

i was looking at the papers and in one of the pull out things u get it gave a very gd player ratingst hings and it said how many passes players attempted

ferguson was more than DOUBLE any other player on the park lol.

I also believe gordon is world class - hutton is WELL on his way to being world class

and scott brown with a bit of a push could be world class ( i dont mind admiting it no point kiddin ourselfs )

fantastic player but the press are obsessed with brown.

and btw i must admit brown was imense yesturday ! a hate him but i gave him standing ovation at the game :P

Most of the papers are all about mcfadden tho

and ratings mcfadden brown and hutton all got 9s (tu)

Source?

then again, fans and people on internet forums know more than the players around him :P

HaHa, what about a Stuttgart coach and ex-professional?

Source?

well, you would think eh? haha. wont be good enough for some matey haha

You simply can't judge a manager on half a season. Le Guen had a terrible start with Lyon before taking them on to win three consecutive championships. I personally think the Le Guen era was a complete farce and much of that was the man himself's fault - some of his signings were poor (though players like Papac are still doing a job for us) - but Murray didn't cover himself in glory either by not giving a manager of his standing the backing he needed nor the time to turn things around.

When I think back to the Le Guen era I think there's certainly some reason to think he wasn't the manager he was made out to be, but the reality is that even if Le Guen had been the second coming of Jose Mourinho I doubt he would have succeeded given the way he was treated by both the chairman and certain members of the squad. Ferguson by all accounts was more concerned with cutting his nose to spite his face than getting behind the manager and trying to sort the team out.

I jusdge Le Guen on what he did with us, and since, and, neither were spectacular! in fact neither were acceptable!

How did h have a terrible start? they won the league every season, following on from Santini's (i think) good work in creating the team.

"Some of his signings"??? oh come on, is that serious?? they were all bad, and have all gone apart from Papac, who, is a CB, and, doing a not bad job filling in a LB.

If Le Guen WAS the second coming of Jose, as we had been led to believe, he would still be here, and successful, but, the fact is, he wasnt, and isnt, anything else is conjecture.

Say what you will about Ferguson, ultimately, he has been proven right, given we are doing well, and, PLG went to PSG and is failing miserably

Would you prefer he was still here and we hadnt qualified for Europe and were currently lying about 6th in the league?

Source?

well, you would think eh? haha. wont be good enough for some matey haha

Well, he did say Blackburn. I quoted 2 'from Blakburn'. But hey, nothing like a decent source or evidence for such a bold statement.