Barry Ferguson our only Scottish World Class player !

BLUEDIGNITY

All credit to the national team on their exploits so far but the man that stands head and shoulders above the rest is Barry Ferguson, to me the rest are just the cast and he's the star man. This guy will lift copious amounts of trophies for us no danger ! Captain of Rangers and Scotland ! :sherlock:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All credit to the national team on their exploits so far but the man that stands head and shoulders above the rest is Barry Ferguson, to me the rest are just the cast and he's the star man. This guy will lift copious amounts of trophies for us no danger ! Captain of Rangers and Scotland ! :sherlock:

copious ?????????????

copious ?????????????

Sorry WTB I know it's above your ken ! Abundance, a wealth of ! You'll learn ! ;):sherlock:

Me and my wee brother were talking about this yesterday after the game: "What will we do when Barry retires?"

Live happy ever after and you can relate to your grandweans about the copious trophies you saw Sir Barry lift including the CL trophy. :D:sherlock:

I would say Gordon and Hutton are well on their way to becoming World Class players too.

I agree

And in McFadden, McManus & Brown we have very good, but not world class, players.

There is a very strong core of a team for the long term in place there.

Also, agree. I like McManus in a navy Blue shirt and with Brown and Pearson there is a useful energy.

I dare say, but Fletcher could be the heir to Barry.

I think Gordon's definitely up there. We have a lot of players like McFadden who on their day can be world class but maybe don't have great consistency. I'd put Brown in that category as he looks very good at times but still isn't as consistent as the likes of Ferguson - he looked pretty hopeless against Shakhtar for instance.

I would say Gordon and Hutton are well on their way to becoming World Class players too.

I agree

And in McFadden, McManus & Brown we have very good, but not world class, players.

Also, agree. I like McManus in a navy Blue shirt and with Brown and Pearson there is a useful energy.

He could very well be (tu)

People might laugh now as he is struggling for form, but I still think Thomson will be both RFC's and Scotlands long term replecement to Ferguson.

I agree

People might laugh now as he is struggling for form, but I still think Thomson will be both RFC's and Scotlands long term replecement to Ferguson.

Fletcher, Thomson and Brown being the energy and 3 attacking players ahead of them sounds very promising.

I agree

You could well be close to the truth, I am certain Barry's heir for Scotland's captain will come from the ranks at Ibrox ! :sherlock:

copious ?????????????

Sorry WTB I know it's above your ken ! Abundance, a wealth of ! You'll learn ! ;):sherlock:

something he has singularly failed to do since returning to Rangers

If however, he does pick up a trophy or two in the next year or two it will be because of the return of Smith and the players he has brought in and nothing to do with the on field leadership of Ferguson.

copious ?????????????

If however, he does pick up a trophy or two in the next year or two it will be because of the return of Smith and the players he has brought in and nothing to do with the on field leadership of Ferguson.

A lot to do with Barry, why do you think WS is there ? It's because PLG is not ! Also any time he has been missing in the line up we look lacking ! :sherlock::sherlock:

copious ?????????????

A lot to do with Barry, why do you think WS is there ? It's because PLG is not ! Also any time he has been missing in the line up we look lacking ! :sherlock::sherlock:

Walter is here to sort out the debacle that saw Ferguson dominate and lead us to failure. And you have jjust highlighted another problem which illustrates that while he is certainly our best player his influence is not always the most positive to take the club forward. When the chips are down he does not have the capacity to drag us out, when things are going well he can be outstanding.

copious ?????????????

Walter is here to sort out the debacle that saw Ferguson dominate and lead us to failure. And you have jjust highlighted another problem which illustrates that while he is certainly our best player his influence is not always the most positive to take the club forward. When the chips are down he does not have the capacity to drag us out, when things are going well he can be outstanding.

He dragged us out of the PLG debacle,thank Christ, when Murray didn't have the guts to do it alone ! :sherlock:

copious ?????????????

He dragged us out of the PLG debacle,thank Christ, when Murray didn't have the guts to do it alone ! :sherlock:

Ferguson is a great player, but the PLG debacle was partly his fault. If Ferguson disagreed with managerial decisions then he had a right to voice his opinion, but disregarding the manager and undermining his authority undoubtedly made the situation worse. We can't credit players for getting their manager the sack.

copious ?????????????

we lose against Celtic next week and we are no better off now than we were under PLG