• Willie Waddell
    • Jock Wallace
    • John Greig
    • Graeme Souness
    • Walter Smith
    • Dick Advocaat
    • Alex McLeish
    • Paul Le Guen

I do not know how any bluenose can say Struth was a better manager than Smith, or vice versa.

Totally different eras, totally different men.

It's a totally unfair vote.

Who voted for better? The poll was for favourite.

Most of the replies are talking about credentials though.

Possibly. Personally I'm not sure who was the best manager, very difficult to tell. Don't think Bears should be chided for having opinions on the matter though.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know how any bluenose can say Struth was a better manager than Smith, or vice versa.

Possibly. Personally I'm not sure who was the best manager, very difficult to tell. Don't think Bears should be chided for having opinions on the matter though.

Where did I chide anyone?

Maybe you didn't in so many words but you suggested we were insulting other managers and questioned why any 'bluenose' would make these judgements. Personally I see no problem with having opinions about different managers.

Maybe you didn't

Correct. Let's move on.

Walter, it was a toss up between the greatest manager to ever face the planet earth of football Bill Struth or Walter Smith, a had to choose Walter purely down to the fact a witnessed with ma own eyes and in ma life time what he has achieved for Rangers. Another reason is purely down to the fact he almost won us the champions league, but were cheated out by match fixing by Marseille. Also he holds a record of only losing 7 times in old firm derbies, he has brought us the likes of Laudrup, Gazza, Gough, Durie, the list is endless, even Cuellar is added to that list of top quality players. Plus he's the man in charge now!

A don't think many would argue with that!

Lets not forget Souness ....he got the ball rolling again in the mid-eighties....with some quality signings....winning the league at the sheep pen...a day that will stay with me forever....and beating the sheep and the mhanks on their own patches, for the first time in many a season....even although he did rather bail out on us at the end.... thanks for the memories.

Maybe you didn't

Correct. Let's move on.

Don't do that, OK? Fair enough if you can't answer the point but don't misrepresent what I said.

I did answer the point and then you waffled on stubbornly as always.

Wasn't in the mood for one of your debates.

Let's move on, OK?