We have been snubbed by G14

Source?

I can't imagine that they'd let 'them' join, and not us.

Daily Mail...they are having a meeting and have invited Clubs from across Europe. 22 potential new member Clubs have been invited including Celtic but not us. I reckon Evening Times will have all the gen.

Source?

Daily Mail...they are having a meeting and have invited Clubs from across Europe. 22 potential new member Clubs have been invited including Celtic but not us. I reckon Evening Times will have all the gen.

Just found Beeb article... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7070353.stm

Shocking... although with so many clubs joining, G-14 will lose it's power... not that it really had much over UEFA anyway... Michel Platini won't let G-14 run his organisation.

Source?

Just found Beeb article... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7070353.stm

Shocking... although with so many clubs joining, G-14 will lose it's power... not that it really had much over UEFA anyway... Michel Platini won't let G-14 run his organisation.

I'm fuming about it.

Source?

I'm fuming about it.

Looks to me that someone at the BBC is having a laugh. It doesn't say Rangers wont be invited does it?

My understanding is that Mr. Kurth (the secretary general??) has said that the old firm are recognised

as being among Europes biggest clubs, and are being considered for membership. If that has changed and only Celtic are invited then Gordon Smiths claim of an agenda against Rangers is 100%

true.If this claim is true then there is a bad smell emanating somewhere.This has nothing to do with the wealth of the clubs.We all know that Rangers are not 100% healthy financially,but to be able to clear almost 80m debt in a few years shows that the underlying potential for Rangers is enormous.

We,ve bit the bullet and clawed our way back to respectability in a comparitvely short space of time.

Remember Celtic were only a few hours away from bankruptcy in the same time frame as our debt,

I find this whole matter to be strange.Either Rangers have or will be invited and the media are not reporting it or the "agenda" against Rangers is more sinister than we imagined.

Does it really matter? Does G14 really change anything in Europe?Celtic will try to get the best deal for the winners of the SPL anyway!

All we need to do is win the League every year and do well in europe to prove ourselves to anyone.(And hopefully rake in any money that Celtic have fought for)

Anderlecht, Fenerbahce, Olympiacos, Basle, Maccabi Haifa, FC Copenhagen, Rosenborg and Austria Vienna will also attend the meeting.

I think this sums up where G14 are going - no where none of those teams are a patch on our great club so frankly and this may sound childish, but the tims and G14 can GTF!

(Can someone give me back my rattle?)

Guest therabbitt

hmf, not bothered at all, doesnt bloody do anything anyway, let them put on their top hats and smoke their cigar's we will keep ploughing on enhancing the financial state of the club and bettering the playing staff of our club. Like the previous poster said all the G14 can really do is enhance the money and sponsorship afforded to the champions league qualifiers etc, which if we continue growing will be us anyways. Platini wants the G14 disbanded anyway. Did chelsea get invited yet, they were pure greetin about not being in it were they not?

Guest therabbitt

sorry for double post. but Maccabi Haifa and Austria Vienna :lol::lol::lol: they are scraping barrels now, perhaps we knocked them back ha ha

My understanding is that Mr. Kurth (the secretary general??) has said that the old firm are recognised

as being among Europes biggest clubs, and are being considered for membership. If that has changed and only Celtic are invited then Gordon Smiths claim of an agenda against Rangers is 100%

true.If this claim is true then there is a bad smell emanating somewhere.This has nothing to do with the wealth of the clubs.We all know that Rangers are not 100% healthy financially,but to be able to clear almost 80m debt in a few years shows that the underlying potential for Rangers is enormous.

We,ve bit the bullet and clawed our way back to respectability in a comparitvely short space of time.

Remember Celtic were only a few hours away from bankruptcy in the same time frame as our debt,

I find this whole matter to be strange.Either Rangers have or will be invited and the media are not reporting it or the "agenda" against Rangers is more sinister than we imagined.

Spot on.

No worries here. The G14 do not have UEFA's support are essentially all about the rich clubs getting richer.

Who knows? Perhaps we were asked to join but poltely declined as we would rather work WITHIN UEFA and the SFA to effect change.

F*ck Celtic joining.. up to them... nothing to do with us.