***The Official Barcelona v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slightly dissapointed with the start of McCulloch but it isn't a major shock tbh. Thought Walter may put someone more dangerous on the wing but he can be dangerous from set-pieces

Its not a shock at all (tu) He's vital for a game like this to rough up their players and to give it his all. He is one of the palyers who can shoot from long range and he is vital from set pieces.

I think his physical presence in the team as a whole is a major benefit, hes not bad with long shots either.

Slightly dissapointed with the start of McCulloch but it isn't a major shock tbh. Thought Walter may put someone more dangerous on the wing but he can be dangerous from set-pieces

Its not a shock at all (tu) He's vital for a game like this to rough up their players and to give it his all. He is one of the palyers who can shoot from long range and he is vital from set pieces.

I've not said I'm outraged or anything but I was quiety hoping for maybe Naismith out there

PM everyone the official formation before every match. That would be good :)

Team seems fine to me. Mostly predictable. I think the most important thing for us will be Smith making the right subs at the right time. If it's 0-0 at half-time we could easily sneak a goal at the death with guys like JCD and Novo on.

I don't want to sound arrogant there but where sometimes I've gave a sort of comentary of euro away games, I can't tonight as there are friends coming to the house so won't be near the Laptop.

So, sorry if some were wwondering but the bear is coming as he doesn't have SSextra and is not long out the hospital (tu)

I don't want to sound arrogant there but where sometimes I've gave a sort of comentary of euro away games, I can't tonight as there are friends coming to the house so won't be near the Laptop.

So, sorry if some were wwondering but the bear is coming as he doesn't have SSextra and is not long out the hospital (tu)

(tu) Hope he enjoys it mate, look efter him eh?

Am away as well, eating drinking and shouting at the tv!

:rangers:

Two Changes for Gers

WALTER SMITH has reverted back to a 4-5-1 formation for tonight's highly-anticipated Group E clash against Barcelona with Daniel Cousin and Charlie Adam returning to the starting eleven.

Kris Boyd and Nacho Novo are the players to drop out of the side that beat Inverness Caley Thistle 2-0 at Ibrox on Saturday and both have been named on the bench alongside Jean-Claude Darcheville.

Cousin was superb as the Light Blues earned a goalless draw against Barca on matchday three at Ibrox on October 23 and the Gabon international will once again be asked to play as a lone striker in front of a five-man midfield consisting of DaMarcus Beasley, Charlie Adam, Barry Ferguson, Brahim Hemdani and Lee McCulloch.

The Gers' rearguard have recorded an impressive six clean sheets in seven European games so far this season but they will have their hands full this evening with Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry and Lionel Messi creating a three-pronged attack in Frank Rijkaard's full-strength team.

Kevin Thomson misses the trip to the Nou Camp due to suspension.

BARCELONA: Valdes; Puyol, Milito, Marquez, Abidal; Xaxi, Toure Yaya, Iniesta; Messi, Henry, Ronaldinho

Subs: Jorquera, Gudjohnsen, Sylvinho, Giovani, Thuram, Oleguer, Bojan Krkic

RANGERS: McGregor; Hutton, Weir, Cuellar, Papac; McCulloch, Adam, Ferguson, Hemdani, Beasley; Cousin

Subs: Carroll, Boyd, Novo, Darcheville, Whittaker, Naismith, Faye

Referee: Eric Braamhaar (NED)