* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The Godfather said:

TBF so far that Sinclair has looked like he will be a good signing for them.

Just shows the huge gulf in class from our shit leagues to down south where a guy who couldn't score for shit has already scored twice in two games. 

My concern is how easy Scottish players are shunted of the ball. English players whether they play for Celtic or Rangers seem so much stronger. We often demand that our young guys are given a chance( academy/develeopment). Sadly i don't think they have it  

7 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Orange Halloran would like a word with you. 

McKay seems a bit more sturdy these days too 

Against Burnley? Forget Celtic and teams in Scotland, i'm talking about beyond that and i'm more concerned with players coming through. McKay and MOH are tough players but what protection did McKay get last year? I'm just talking general terms. Scottish players seem weaker than their counterparts. 

9 hours ago, GMac said:

My concern is how easy Scottish players are shunted of the ball. English players whether they play for Celtic or Rangers seem so much stronger. We often demand that our young guys are given a chance( academy/develeopment). Sadly i don't think they have it  

You look at the physique of John Stones and John Souttar for example. Were miles behind with that and the culture just ruins footballers up here

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

You look at the physique of John Stones and John Souttar for example. Were miles behind with that and the culture just ruins footballers up here

even the ones we have signed - Waghorn, Tav,  Kiernan - they all have excellent physiques and look like athletes.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

even the ones we have signed - Waghorn, Tav,  Kiernan - they all have excellent physiques and look like athletes.

Compare Tav to Whitaker when he was here. Huge contrast in physique.

You line Barrie McKay up against Ruben Loftus Cheek for example. The difference is off the scale.

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

And what about Messi? :pipe:

He ain't no Barrie McKay that's for sure!:lol:

Yeah there is always one exception to the rule but that is also a problem on the other end of the scale.

I used to coach a kids football team of under 11s and one boy, quite literally outstanding so he was. So much smaller than the others like Messi and McKay. Hearts signed him up, gave him the strip etc for 6 weeks and decided he was "too small" and he came back to us. Therein lies another problem in Scottish football. We want big guys but when we get the big guys their nowhere near the level of the English or abroad physique wise

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He ain't no Barrie McKay that's for sure!:lol:

Yeah there is always one exception to the rule but that is also a problem on the other end of the scale.

I used to coach a kids football team of under 11s and one boy, quite literally outstanding so he was. So much smaller than the others like Messi and McKay. Hearts signed him up, gave him the strip etc for 6 weeks and decided he was "too small" and he came back to us. Therein lies another problem in Scottish football. We want big guys but when we get the big guys their nowhere near the level of the English or abroad physique wise

Thing is.. if you try to play physical football against physically better players... you're going to lose. I think England/English teams have shown that, even with their physicality, they're pish once they come up against a bit of skill. Football has changed.

31 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Physiques aren't a good way to measure someone's footballing ability or how much of an athlete they are.

I dont think anybody is suggesting it is. But someone with good ability can be a better all round player if they have a better physique.

On 8/12/2016 at 9:49 AM, cushynumber said:

Tavs physique didnt do him much good in the cup final when he was bullied to fuck by the streak o piss Stokes. 

1 minute ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Tavs physique didnt do him much good in the cup final when he was bullied to fuck by the streak o piss Stokes. 

no it didn't, but thats about him using it properly - not about the fact he doesn't have a good build - which he clearly does.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I dont think anybody is suggesting it is. But someone with good ability can be a better all round player if they have a better physique.

Depends on the position they play and how they play the game. If Messi or Hazard were beefed up theyd be worse players 

1 minute ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Depends on the position they play and how they play the game. If Messi or Hazard were beefed up theyd be worse players 

of course - we are generalising - not picking individual instances and particular players who are outwith the norm. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

of course - we are generalising - not picking individual instances and particular players who are outwith the norm. 

Small players that emphasise on dribbling aren't out of the norm in modern day football, they're the best players.

Archived