Kenny Miller Total Discussion Thread

McBoyd

It'll take 30 goals from him to sway the fans.

He could score 50 and I still wouldn't want him. I can't believe this is actually happening.

You still wouldnt want a player who scored 50 goals??

As much as i dont want him if he so much scored near 30 id be thinknig Walter was right....

Realistcally though if he does a job for RANGERS thats good enough for me.

He would need to have improved beyond all recognition for him to get anywhere near 30 goals per season.He's a dud,end of.

The downsizing of Rangers fans ambitions continue.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing some of the views, we try and issue statements about stamping out bigotry etc, and that we're the better team with the better fans yet as soon as someone who has played for them, is going to play for us we don't want them?? Not signing a player for this reason is ludicrous and whilst it continues we are never going to move forward with these issues.

A player should be signed on their ability, or if a manager thinks they can do a job not on who they might have played for in the past.

You may have a point PiB but I believe the main reason people dont want him is that they feel he isnt good enough. The fact that he kissed the shamrock just adds to it.

Amazing some of the views, we try and issue statements about stamping out bigotry etc, and that we're the better team with the better fans yet as soon as someone who has played for them, is going to play for us we don't want them?? Not signing a player for this reason is ludicrous and whilst it continues we are never going to move forward with these issues.

A player should be signed on their ability, or if a manager thinks they can do a job not on who they might have played for in the past.

bigotry has nothing to do with it.

It'll take 30 goals from him to sway the fans.

He could score 50 and I still wouldn't want him. I can't believe this is actually happening.

You still wouldnt want a player who scored 50 goals??

As much as i dont want him if he so much scored near 30 id be thinknig Walter was right....

Realistcally though if he does a job for RANGERS thats good enough for me.

I don't want anyone who played for them.

Bigotry ? What on earth are you on about ?

Rangers have turned to Miller after a failing to land their top targets like Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood, Valencia’s Nicola Zigic and St Etienne’s Batefemi Gomis.

Thnak f*ck we never got Zigic.

We play the long ball enough with the 6'1 McCulloch in our team. How often would we play it with a 6'7 striker upfront? :craphead:

Ok maybe using the word "bigot" was a bit rash, it was said in the heat of the moment as I was getting quite a bit peeved off with all the negativity that is flying around. As far as I'm concerned it is an extremely narrow minded individual who wouldn't want a player signed because they played for their biggest rivals, or they kissed that particular shirt, as one member said he "wouldn't want him if he scored 50 goals", that reasoning is childish, idiotic and is a problem with quite a few fans who are supposed to support the club, and a true fan should give support to any player who pulls on the jersey, irrespective of who they used to play for.

As I had also stated in a previous post, I don't think he is good enough purely on footballing terms, but if by some miracle his scoring tally at the end of the season was in double figures, with a high percentage of assists, or during games his running and movement opened up defences for others to score, I would be not only extremely amazed and dumbfounded but I would love it to happen.

Ok maybe using the word "bigot" was a bit rash, it was said in the heat of the moment as I was getting quite a bit peeved off with all the negativity that is flying around. As far as I'm concerned it is an extremely narrow minded individual who wouldn't want a player signed because they played for their biggest rivals, or they kissed that particular shirt, as one member said he "wouldn't want him if he scored 50 goals", that reasoning is childish, idiotic and is a problem with quite a few fans who are supposed to support the club, and a true fan should give support to any player who pulls on the jersey, irrespective of who they used to play for.

As I had also stated in a previous post, I don't think he is good enough purely on footballing terms, but if by some miracle his scoring tally at the end of the season was in double figures, with a high percentage of assists, or during games his running and movement opened up defences for others to score, I would be not only extremely amazed and dumbfounded but I would love it to happen.

Again we find someone else defining what makes a real fan. Who are you to tell me that I am not a 'true fan' because I don't want someone who has played for our most hated rivals?

If you have made your bed by signing for them, then you lie in it. There is no going back. If that is idiotic, then so be it.

I can't believe the people in this thread who are berating those who don't want Miller because he used to play for Celtic.

It's what our world famous rivalry is all about! It's why people take an interest in Scottish football. If you go to the mountains of Tibet (and find someone who hasn't been murdered by the Chinese :P) they'll know two things about football - Man Utd and the Old Firm.

Our rivalry is such that we should never be signing their players, especially shite ones who have crossed that divide twice.

If we're all happy signing their ex players and vice versa, it's going to end up like the 'friendly derby' that makes Liverpool v Everton so tame and boring in comparison to ours.

Not wanting ex Tims is not bigotted, it's pure rivalry. And I'm proud of that, sure their fans would say the same thing.

I can't believe the people in this thread who are berating those who don't want Miller because he used to play for Celtic.

It's what our world famous rivalry is all about! It's why people take an interest in Scottish football. If you go to the mountains of Tibet (and find someone who hasn't been murdered by the Chinese :P) they'll know two things about football - Man Utd and the Old Firm.

Our rivalry is such that we should never be signing their players, especially shite ones who have crossed that divide twice.

If we're all happy signing their ex players and vice versa, it's going to end up like the 'friendly derby' that makes Liverpool v Everton so tame and boring in comparison to ours.

Not wanting ex Tims is not bigotted, it's pure rivalry. And I'm proud of that, sure their fans would say the same thing.

Spot on mate.

Again we find someone else defining what makes a real fan. Who are you to tell me that I am not a 'true fan' because I don't want someone who has played for our most hated rivals?

If you have made your bed by signing for them, then you lie in it. There is no going back. If that is idiotic, then so be it.

Tell me, were you around when Mo Johnston signed for us? Right from under the nose of him re-signing for Celtic, he did well for us, wonder what forums would have been like then if they existed?

As far as I'm concerned anybody who pulls on the Rangers jersey should be given our full support, if at the end of the day they don't perform then they are entitled to some stick purely because of that not for who they used to play for.

Yes that is idiotic as far as I'm concerned, like it or not it looks likely he is going to be a Rangers player, and he as a Rangers player and Rangers as a team should be supported.