Boyd will never lose that goal scoring touch !

BLUEDIGNITY

Boyd doesn't get a game in the big games as we adopt a 4-5-1 formation.

Last season under PLG in the UEFA Cup, started in Auxerre and scored, started in Livorno and scored. Started against ra selik at Ibrox at the end of the season and scored. Started against Hapoel Tel Aviv and scored.

It's all very well being selective of facts though.

The goal against Auxerre was a deflected shot that went to his feet, the goal against Livorno was a penalty and Boruc (wonderfully) made a total arse of his goal v Celtic. It's fair to say that, yet again, any other of our strikers would have put them away.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season under PLG in the UEFA Cup, started in Auxerre and scored, started in Livorno and scored. Started against ra selik at Ibrox at the end of the season and scored. Started against Hapoel Tel Aviv and scored.

The goal against Auxerre was a deflected shot that went to his feet, the goal against Livorno was a penalty and Boruc (wonderfully) made a total arse of his goal v Celtic. It's fair to say that, yet again, any other of our strikers would have put them away.

It's not fair to say that at all, they'd have to be in the right place (penalty aside) and none of our other strikers have the same instinct to get in the right place at the right time.

It's not fair to say that at all, they'd have to be in the right place (penalty aside) and none of our other strikers have the same instinct to get in the right place at the right time.

How can you say that?

JCD has done it for years in the French League while Naismith has continued a Kris Boyd style scoring record for Killie since Boyd himself left, while carrying the team on his shoulders and NOT being a solely a poacher.

I just can't figure out why we need to waste good players by making them do donkey work for Kris Boyd.

How can you say that?

JCD has done it for years in the French League while Naismith has continued a Kris Boyd style scoring record for Killie since Boyd himself left, while carrying the team on his shoulders and NOT being a solely a poacher.

I just can't figure out why we need to waste good players by making them do donkey work for Kris Boyd.

neither JCD or Naismith has anything like Boyd's goal scoring record, don't even know how you can claim they do :rolleyes:

Again Boyd is not solely a poacher, actually watch him in a game and he makes runs to create space for others and himself. Granted he could do more when not in possession, but this belief that all he does is stand in the 6 yard box and score tap ins is way off the mark.

aw man this is incredible...

Inimitable truth gentleman... as much as we like to do it, NO-one can make statements like "Boyd would have scored that" or "Cousin Scored a cracker that Boyd would not be capable of" these are ludicrous statements. There is simply no way of knowing what would have happened had another player been in a given situation on a given day in the past or in the future. "Boyd only scored that goal because it was deflected" is likewise just tripe.

Speculation is part and parcel of football and it contriubutes to the intrigue of the game, "if that free kick hadn't been given against Alan Hutton then maybe Scotland would have gone up the pitch and scored". "If only that penalty had been awarded in Tblisi" etc.

Speculation is fun, however sometimes you just need to look at raw facts.

Kris Boyd Scores Goals, lots of them, more than any player in a Rangers Jersey since Ally McCoist. He scores against anyone he is asked to play against. he scores deflections, he scores penalties, he scores headers, he scores tap ins. He just scores. He doesn't make saves, he is not a goalkeeper. He doesn't make many tackles, he is not a defender. He does not make defence splitting passes, he is not a creative midfielder. He doesn't get to the bye line and cross, he is not a winger.

He is a striker, he scores goals.

I personally want him in the team doing just that. Some of you don't. Thats fine I respect your opinion. I understand you would rather someone getting more involved and setting up goals for others as well as chipping in a few themselves. That is a desireable situation. I just haven't seen that happening too often with the current Rangers team. I liked the Hateley/McCoist partnership and would like to see it recreated with JCD and Boyd, or Cousin and Boyd. I even quite like the Naismith Boyd option but all of them have Boyd because I don't see any of the others doing the business in the goal scoring department.

When we play 4-5-1 Boyd is useless, when we play 4-4-2 I would start him everytime

aw man this is incredible...

Inimitable truth gentleman... as much as we like to do it, NO-one can make statements like "Boyd would have scored that" or "Cousin Scored a cracker that Boyd would not be capable of" these are ludicrous statements. There is simply no way of knowing what would have happened had another player been in a given situation on a given day in the past or in the future. "Boyd only scored that goal because it was deflected" is likewise just tripe.

Speculation is part and parcel of football and it contriubutes to the intrigue of the game, "if that free kick hadn't been given against Alan Hutton then maybe Scotland would have gone up the pitch and scored". "If only that penalty had been awarded in Tblisi" etc.

Speculation is fun, however sometimes you just need to look at raw facts.

Kris Boyd Scores Goals, lots of them, more than any player in a Rangers Jersey since Ally McCoist. He scores against anyone he is asked to play against. he scores deflections, he scores penalties, he scores headers, he scores tap ins. He just scores. He doesn't make saves, he is not a goalkeeper. He doesn't make many tackles, he is not a defender. He does not make defence splitting passes, he is not a creative midfielder. He doesn't get to the bye line and cross, he is not a winger.

He is a striker, he scores goals.

I personally want him in the team doing just that. Some of you don't. Thats fine I respect your opinion. I understand you would rather someone getting more involved and setting up goals for others as well as chipping in a few themselves. That is a desireable situation. I just haven't seen that happening too often with the current Rangers team. I liked the Hateley/McCoist partnership and would like to see it recreated with JCD and Boyd, or Cousin and Boyd. I even quite like the Naismith Boyd option but all of them have Boyd because I don't see any of the others doing the business in the goal scoring department.

When we play 4-5-1 Boyd is useless, when we play 4-4-2 I would start him everytime

(tu) well put.

Boyd is best with a strike partner, and I think if he had a regular one then a really good partnership could develop. Boyd makes a lot of flick ons which a regular strike partner would start to read and you would find Boyd getting more assists than he does at present.