Charlie Adam

kkennedy

being in Canada I don;t get to see all the games, and from what Ive heard apparently he is lazy, doesn;t tackle well and lacks pace......BUT correct me if Im wrong has he not played very well in the CL? what is his strengths and weaknesses?

For me , his strength is his passing ability .... we know he is a ball player, unfortunately he also looks extremely unfit for a player of his age, that is where his lacvk of effort seems to come from.

Slow, unfit and very hit and miss in his passing and striking of the ball. A shot one week is `fabulous and the worst crap you ever saw the following two weeks! No winger. Better in the middle. Still young all the same and may improve. If he is not ON he can give away possession needlessly; the game can run by him; if ON he can score from distance and send in wonderful crosses and free kicks.

He's garbage. People say his distribution and delivery are his strengths. At times his passes dont even make our players and his delivery of a ball is even more inconsistant than Chris Burke's!

He'd be better of running backwards as he'd be quicker, he's lazy and is one of the unfitest Rangers players I have ever seen.

Not good enough and never will be. He found his level at St. Mirren.

being in Canada I don;t get to see all the games, and from what Ive heard apparently he is lazy, doesn;t tackle well and lacks pace......BUT correct me if Im wrong has he not played very well in the CL? what is his strengths and weaknesses?

Im in Edmonton,and I could count on one hand the games I have missed the last 7-8 years,where do you live Nunavut,NWT ? :unsure::lol:

I think hes very average and certainly not good enough to be a first team regular at rangers. He scored a lot of goals last year in a good first season but other than a goal threat from midfield he offers very little. Hes willing to have a shot at goal alright but hes not actually that good at shooting. I cant remember the exact stats from last year but he had a hell of a lot of shots on goal and more than half of those shots werent on target. He has no pace, not great vision, not a great tackler or passer and even his free kicks this year have been rubbish. Give me buffel in the team anyday, might be a bit inconsistant but even on an off day he offers us more than adam imo.

Im in Edmonton,and I could count on one hand the games I have missed the last 7-8 years,where do you live Nunavut,NWT ? :unsure::lol:

can't pay $20 bucks a week to see them play the likes of ICT,Gretna and M'well.. I can only go to the big games and can only watch them in a pub at 7am...

Adam has suffered more than anything else because Walter Smith insist on playing him in the wide areas, and in our current set up you need to have high workrate, decent pace and decent defensive ability. He possess none of these characteristics and as a result, he struggles.

However if we played him centrally in a three man midfield he could basically become a Scottish version of Frank Lampard. People will say WTF when they initally read that, but I don' necessairly mean it as a complement.

He, much like Lampard, can't play centrally in a 4-4-2 as he is too slow and unfit to keep up with the pace of the modern game and he basically needs the defensive midfielder to almost act as his personal sweeper.

This 'personal sweeper' allows him to focus on playing in the final third, arriving late at the edge of the box and pinging shots from long distance.

When he has played centrally he has looked a better player than he has when playing out wide. He plays some nice passes and just generally looks better. If he could get a bit fitter then I think his concentration levels and awareness would improve and he could probably just about merit a place in our squad.

If he doesn't do this then he will probably be sold on.

hes not nearly as bad as some of these guys on here are saying. he does look terribly unfit when you compare him to his peers however. but the boy can play, no doubt. he can pass short, shoot and also hit a decent long pass too. but consistency is a problem. his first touch is pretty good - as good as, if not better than mcculloch's. i would agree with the summation of his vision as he seems to be in the wrong position.

all in all, if he is to make it at rangers, he has a lot of work to do. but bear in mind a lot of the guys slagging him off here right now were giving Hutton pelters 12 months ago and now they're all calling him a fucking superstar!

LOL

:lol:

can't pay $20 bucks a week to see them play the likes of ICT,Gretna and M'well.. I can only go to the big games and can only watch them in a pub at 7am...

With respect, I've heard of many bears being pleased at getting up in the early hours to watch the Rangers