Boyd Booed

Davy

I thought it was for us sticking with the 1 up again instead of going 2 up when we were struggling.

That's odd, I was at the match and we clearly had 3 up front from the start. Are you saying that you won't accept anything but 4-4-2?

At no point did we EVER have 3 up front!!

We played 4-5-1 until late in the 2nd half when McCulloch pushed up!!

But Naismith and McCulloch were playing as wingers/AM.

I thought McCulloch partnered Boyd for the majority of the match mate?

I just seen it on TV though, I wasn't at the game.

Can't recall hearing any boos...

If they were I'd imagine they were at the fact we took him off as opposed to Boyd's (albeit) less than impressive contribution.

(albeit) ! don't you mean usual? :unsure:

boyds goal contribution is better than anyone else

His goal scoring has really tailed off,something like 14 SPL goals since the middle of last season thru the Hearts game on Saturday. :unsure:

C'mon PB, even if it was Ronaldinho, hardly playing and on as Sub most of the time with really POOR service, he would score feck all too.

So the question is,why is he hardly playing? :unsure:

If they were I'd imagine they were at the fact we took him off as opposed to Boyd's (albeit) less than impressive contribution.

His goal scoring has really tailed off,something like 14 SPL goals since the middle of last season thru the Hearts game on Saturday. :unsure:

Yet he is still our top goalscorer this season despite having played the fewest games.....work that one out!

Ok, I will.

Can't see his list of 'STARTED GAMES' reading Barca, Lyon, Stuttgart or Celtic.

See plenty of Dundee Utd's, St Mirrens and Motherwell.

Oh, and he's our penalty taker in the games he starts.

Worked out easy.

Yet he is still our top goalscorer this season despite having played the fewest games.....work that one out!

Ok, I will.

Worked out easy.

well then, lets take out cousins goals (penalties) and darchevilles goal v stuttgart when we talk about their contribution this season and we are still left with about 3/4 goals per striker thats played this season, plus 2 of darchevilles goals came late on down to boyds persistance in the box in the falkirk game

He hasnt just scored agaisnt your st mirrens. he has won us games against hearts, hibs, aberdeen, kilmarnock in the past couple of seasons. he hardly gets any chances now so when he does miss them they get noticed more and is a shame when its our shitey midfield that cant support the best goalscorer we have.

how many of his goals for scotland were penalties? hes got a great record so far there aswell

well then, lets take out cousins goals (penalties) and darchevilles goal v stuttgart when we talk about their contribution this season and we are still left with about 3/4 goals per striker thats played this season, plus 2 of darchevilles goals came late on down to boyds persistance in the box in the falkirk game

He hasnt just scored agaisnt your st mirrens. he has won us games against hearts, hibs, aberdeen, kilmarnock in the past couple of seasons. he hardly gets any chances now so when he does miss them they get noticed more and is a shame when its our shitey midfield that cant support the best goalscorer we have.

how many of his goals for scotland were penalties? hes got a great record so far there aswell

Your first point...the team was centred around Boyd scoring our goals in the past X seasons until Le Guen came. We had Boyd scoring 30 and no-one scoring any other goals. What did we win then? And does it matter what he's done in the past seasons? It's this season that counts.

His record for Scotland? Don't get me started on that. McLeish throwing him on for 35 seconds v Italy shows how established he is on the international scene.

I can't understand why people are getting on our other strikers backs for not scoring as many goals as Boyd, when they've had to play one up front against much better teams than Boyd usually gets a partner against.

At no point did we EVER have 3 up front!!

We played 4-5-1 until late in the 2nd half when McCulloch pushed up!!

Amazing then, that McCulloch managed to be close enough to Boyd to pick up the loose ball and score in the first half. There seems to a belief that unless Boyd has a partner laying it on a plate for him we're playing 1 up front.

And as for Boyd "not getting any service", maybe if he ran about a bit and got into space the midfielders might be able to give him a decent ball now and again.

Ok, I will.

Worked out easy.

Think your wasting your time here, this lad appears to have a personal vendetta against Boyd, and, sad as that is, I don't think it will ever change. Cant see any positives about him at all, regardless of how many others have made valid points, these are all generally ignored. The main one being, he should be up front WITH JCD, as the fans inside Ibrox knew on Saturday, hence the booing. Even Walter Smith said as much in an interview previously.

In the previous post, it was mentioned about people getting on other strikers backs for not scoring enough? I think, if I remember, the ONLY other striker people are moaning about is Cousin, who is the laziest player I can remember in a long time, and, seems to half arse everything, and, doesnt actually score very many at all, as such, deserves criticism. Even the papers are picking it up. He should and hopefully will be, the first player out the door, NOT Boyd