Burke Hopes For Chance

Davy

CHRIS BURKE hopes to build on his first SPL appearance of the season for Rangers with his second one this weekend at Aberdeen.

After spending most of the campaign in the reserves, the 24-year-old came in from the cold to play the last six minutes of the 2-1 win against Hearts on Saturday.

Burke's only other first-team outing this term was in the 4-0 CIS Cup win against East Fife nearly three months ago.

But now he has his eye on Pittodrie and is hopeful his recent recall leads to another run-out against Jimmy Calderwood's Dons.

With eight games coming up in January and three more in a hectic festive period, Burke knows manager Walter Smith will have to utilise his squad wisely.

The winger said: "I have come back at a busy time and hopefully that works in my favour.

"All I can hope for is to be involved again when we go to Aberdeen on Sunday and then I can take things step by step after that.

"We have a lot of games coming up at the end of December and in January and I am sure we will need to use our full squad to get the points we need.

"It is up to the manager to do what he wants with the team because it has been doing really well lately.

"But there have been a few injuries and that happens in football, especially when there are a lot of games, so I hope there's an opening for me.

"The manager said at the start of the season he would need a big squad to push for the SPL title and that is still the case."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1193941,00.html

If he does start he will have to make a huge impression. He has been woeful anytime iv seen him, looked bright when he came on at the weekend granted but he will have to improve big style.

id still rather he left tbh

We have a busy schedule coming up, and with the injuries to Novo and Beasley we may well see him. Do you think we will? Do you want him to get a chance?

We have a busy schedule coming up, and with the injuries to Novo and Beasley we may well see him. Do you think we will? Do you want him to get a chance?

No because he has had enough chances to prove what he can do and he failed to take it, yes he has been injured but when hes been fit he just didnt look interested. He never done anything to merit a new contract in the 1st place and we should of cut our losses there and then but we never so now we are stuck with him until some1 is interested in taking him

No because he has had enough chances to prove what he can do and he failed to take it, yes he has been injured but when hes been fit he just didnt look interested. He never done anything to merit a new contract in the 1st place and we should of cut our losses there and then but we never so now we are stuck with him until some1 is interested in taking him

Is that the same for Buffel then?!

Yeah how many more chances do we want to give these guys? If Buffel wasnt injured he would of signed for Hannover in the summer window there and he wouldnt be here!! Hes a good player when he wants to be but like Mr Lovenkrands he is far to inconsistent and he wants to move on so let him go

Yeah how many more chances do we want to give these guys? If Buffel wasnt injured he would of signed for Hannover in the summer window there and he wouldnt be here!! Hes a good player when he wants to be but like Mr Lovenkrands he is far to inconsistent and he wants to move on so let him go

Good to hear! It still shocks me the amount of times Buffel gets backed and Burke gets slated but the truth is there both alike

The way the tims defence is at the moment I for one would like to see Burke play in the OF game in just alright form he would destroy them. With Beasley def out and Novo maybe not back by then then Burke has to play.

Celtc defence? The only person Burke can skin is himself.

I'd like to see Burke get his chance. He's waited long enough and hasn't gone running to the papers every couple of weeks whining about not getting a game. I think he could be just the player we're looking for at the moment

Good to hear! It still shocks me the amount of times Buffel gets backed and Burke gets slated but the truth is there both alike

Get rid of them both. Burke can have his chance...with Clyde and Colin Hendrie. The improvement in Hutton's game without having cover Burke's defensive lapses (or Burke's failure to track back himself) seem to have been overlooked.

Buffel had his day and has clearly been found wanting. His best game was Helicopter Sunday, a day with no pressure until McDonald's late strikes. Again, w'ed be better off with someone who can actually withstand the physical rigours of the Scottish game.

He's been awful in the reserves whilst Buffel has been quality. Buffel has been hardworking where as Burke has looked uninterested at times. Burke get's a chance before Buffel??

Maybe the clause in Buffel's contract is true?

The way the tims defence is at the moment I for one would like to see Burke play in the OF game in just alright form he would destroy them. With Beasley def out and Novo maybe not back by then then Burke has to play.

Celtc defence? The only person Burke can skin is himself.

Aye he like a skin does old burkey boy ! ;):sherlock:

I'd like to see burke given his chance, but he will really have to impress.

I can remember late last season he was absolutely hopeless, he needs to be stronger on the ball or draw a foul when he goes down. Otherwise he ends up being a weak link and will get crap from fans.

Want to see him atleast get his shot though.