Allan McGregor

Guest The Brown Brogue

Guest The Brown Brogue

Seems like he is making basic mistakes game after game now, does he just need a kick up the arse or should we be looking to bring in a new number 1?

Yip, he has made a few costly mistakes recently.

However, with the only other alternative being Carroll, I don't think that would solve any problems if we're looking for a keeper who doesn't make daft mistakes!

Guest The Brown Brogue
We already have an experienced keeper on the bench.

I should have worded my original post slightly differently and included Carroll as an option as our number 1.

I just dont think McGregor is good enough and doesn't have the concentration levels needed to be our keeper.

Guest The Brown Brogue
I do not think he has done much wrong and apart from one poor kick did nothing wrong today. He has saved us countless times in the last couple os seasons.

If the one poor kick is the cause of this thread I can only imagine the reaction Klos would have been given.

You dont think he unnecessarily pushed a nothing cross straight to the Aberdeen player?

You dont think he did exactly the same against Lyon?

You dont think he let the ball squirm through him against Stuttgart?

You dont think he did the same against Hearts at Tynecastle?

Oh yeah, and there was the bad kick today as well... :rolleyes:

I do not think he has done much wrong and apart from one poor kick did nothing wrong today. He has saved us countless times in the last couple os seasons.

If the one poor kick is the cause of this thread I can only imagine the reaction Klos would have been given.

You dont think he unnecessarily pushed a nothing cross straight to the Aberdeen player?

In all fairness, he has cost us some points, but he has won us games, eg, against Celtic at Ibrox

Some of you don't have a clue about football.

1.The goalie is the last line of defence.

2. His mistakes are highlighted more than any other position.

3. Good goalkeepers do not grow on trees, who do we go out and buy? Buffon??

I cannot believe this criticism of McGregor. Every goalkeeper will make mistakes but McGregor has proved himself by keeping us in games last year when left badly exposed by his defence and this year when opposition have been invited to shoot without challenges from our midfield.

Look at Gordon yesterday a £9million goalie pushing the ball to the opposition striker or Carrolls gaffes over the years. Then I could add Robinson, Carson, Kahn,Canizares, Van de Saar, even look back at Smeichel etc for Man Utd, all respected international keepers, come on get a grip!

We were down to nine men when they scored today because Thomson was off injured at the time it was just down to bad luck. If Hutton and Cousin had scored when they had good chances then we wouldn't have been highliting Mcgregors mistake

I cannot believe this criticism of McGregor. Every goalkeeper will make mistakes but McGregor has proved himself by keeping us in games last year when left badly exposed by his defence and this year when opposition have been invited to shoot without challenges from our midfield.

Look at Gordon yesterday a £9million goalie pushing the ball to the opposition striker or Carrolls gaffes over the years. Then I could add Robinson, Carson, Kahn,Canizares, Van de Saar, even look back at Smeichel etc for Man Utd, all respected international keepers, come on get a grip!

Well said!!

i think its a bit unfair to be talking about replacing mcgregor as he has been good for us this year. However i am slightly concerned that him partially blocking another crossed ball has led to a goal for the opposition. There are similarities between todays goal and lyons first goal. That is something he needs to look at. Cant fault him for going for the ball but maybe in future he should try to get his foot on it or punch it with both hands or something.

With a few great saves in between.