Scott Severin Plays Down Incident

Muff

Severin, who was substituted at half time with a foot injury, played down the incident. "I wouldn't say he McCulloch was having a go at me," he said. "I stood in front of him trying to block him getting to the incident. There was no need for anyone else to get involved. He apologised as he went past me on his way off and that's fine. I won't hold it against Lee. I've known him for a number of years now and he's a great big guy. Maybe the linesman was over the top, there were a few tackles coming in and it was getting heated but that's what makes the Aberdeen v Rangers game special over the years."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/football/...gruntlement.php

Fair play to him and Jimmy Calderwood. Pity the SPL wont take notice. Still think McCulloch should not of got involved.

He definately didn't seem too bothered about the incident at the time and in today's Sun he's saying that he will let McCulloch past next time (so what does he expect him to do if he intentionally gets in his way).

Did anyone hear the timmy reaction to the incident on the clyde open line tonight? Having a crappy team sure does bring out the worst in them :ph34r:

Well doesn't to Severin by the way, it's at times like this you can always tell the bitter tims from the well adjusted human beings (tu)

I'd hate for us to appeal this, not that there has been any word of it. The SPL may well look into this game and take action on Ferguson?

The SPL can only take action if it is mentioned in the ref's report. This I highly doubt since he wasn't even spoken to about it by the ref at all

Severin, who was substituted at half time with a foot injury, played down the incident. "I wouldn't say he McCulloch was having a go at me," he said. "I stood in front of him trying to block him getting to the incident. There was no need for anyone else to get involved. He apologised as he went past me on his way off and that's fine. I won't hold it against Lee. I've known him for a number of years now and he's a great big guy. Maybe the linesman was over the top, there were a few tackles coming in and it was getting heated but that's what makes the Aberdeen v Rangers game special over the years."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/football/...gruntlement.php

Fair play to him and Jimmy Calderwood. Pity the SPL wont take notice. Still think McCulloch should not of got involved.

yeah, quite surprised me, I read it on BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...een/7159060.stm

fair play to Severin, especially in today's age when players are constantly berating other professionals and also trying to get them sent off or booked, by complaining to referees on mass ( Chelski in particular I believe!)

Football needs more of people standing up for others

I'd hate for us to appeal this, not that there has been any word of it. The SPL may well look into this game and take action on Ferguson?

The way Setanta were going yesterday they will do anything they can to help get Ferguson suspended!! Next player up will be Charlie Adam since he pushed a think it was Touzani off the ball in the face despite Touzani going right through him the commentator hits out with "Adamw as a lucky boy not to be sent off for that incident off the ball" :rolleyes: If Clark grew some testicles yesterday that game could of been abandoned cause the sheep couldnt control there players and i will tell u the incidents.

Richie Byrne- Cousin 1 on 1 last man tackle and Clark plays on should of been free kick and red card by denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Andrew Considine- think he was booked for going through the back of McCulloch but then had about another 4 persistant fouls and got away with it

Chris Clark- Should of gone no intention of going for the ball and was more interested in injuring the player which he did and how the feck he never got sent off i dont know :angry2:

Lee Miller- booked for his part with Hutton in 1st half then in 2nd half again no intention going for the ball wanted to stop play to help his team mates out he done that and should of been 2nd yellow and off

Chris Macguire- If Ferguson was sent off then Macguire should of gone for his part in the incident but knowing the way Clark was yesterday he would of got away with it aswell!!!

McCulloch deserved to go and Ferguson was lucky not to go to but the ref was a joke yesterday!!!

Ferguson was lucky with the maguire incident but with the mcculloch one it was clear he was trying to stop mcculloch from getting involved.

Correct - and it was really pissing me off that the (ahem) impartial commentary team were hell bent on dragging it up every few seconds.

Ferguson was lucky with the maguire incident but with the mcculloch one it was clear he was trying to stop mcculloch from getting involved.

Correct - and it was really pissing me off that the (ahem) impartial commentary team were hell bent on dragging it up every few seconds.

I was going mental at the tv when they constantly mentioned fergie's "involvement" before half-time. Ferguson tries to play peacemaker but they didn't want to see it that way.

Disappointed with Ferguson grabbing Maguire's throat. Gave the ref the opportunity to send him off but its not the type of incident where you go back and give a retrospetive red card.... otherwise you'd end up with 5 or 6 reds yesterday and 5 or 6 every old firm game. I've seen a picture of boruc grabbing Davie Weir by the throat, and i don't recall a clamour from the media to get Boruc a retrospective red card then.

I think it was just about the most blatant thing I've ever heard ... in fact it makes you wonder if there is an agenda there since the company is based in ROI