What we need in January

Tumshie

Creative, central attacking midfielder, striker then a left back and centre back. Dont think we'll get all that but we need to get one or two of them and they have to be of real quality. None of this mediocre p*sh now. We need players who are going to improve us.

would agree with that mate. but think a left back has to be our top priority. but would agree we need some1 to provide competition for ferguson cos at the mo he is keepin his place in the team by default. at least if thomson's playin pish hemdani's always there

Be interesting to see what happens with Buffel?

Think if we could get the Metalist left back, Seweryn Gancarczyk for around £1million then we'll of pulled off a good signing.

I think we need a winger but if smith is going to play 4-5-1 then a winger wont get used so i dont know what to think haha!

I think that Smith will bring in a LB as well and maybe a striker but he better not bring in another Amdy Faye!!!

Depends on the fitness of Smith and Webster. If both can get fit and stay fit, we may be able to save a few million in those positions.

We definitely need a creative attacking midfielder. Adam, Novo, Buffel, Burke, Gow, Naismith, McCulloch and Beasley all could claim to come under such a tag but neither of them really fulfill the role to the degree we require.

Depends on the fitness of Smith and Webster. If both can get fit and stay fit, we may be able to save a few million in those positions.

We definitely need a creative attacking midfielder. Adam, Novo, Buffel, Burke, Gow, Naismith, McCulloch and Beasley all could claim to come under such a tag but neither of them really fulfill the role to the degree we require.

Agreed though I am in favor of giving Gow a few games

And I maintain A fit and motivated Burke could really give us a boost down the right

Starting to get less concerned with the left back role

Papac has proved competant as cover, Whittaker has had two impressive performances there and stevie Smith is on the road to recovery

We need a pacey attacker and a creative attacking midfielder

And I maintain A fit and motivated Burke could really give us a boost down the right

I'd like to have seen Gow before now. Adam isn't as bad as many people make out but Gow would surely have presented an interesting alternative at some point in the team.

Unfortunately, it's more likely he'll go on loan when the window opens.

As for Burke, we all know that when he plays well he's exciting, creative and as good as any other player in an attacking sense. Unfortunately, it's difficult to trust in his consistency levels to help us win the league.

FWIW, something tells me we're going to have a good transfer window. I think we'll move on the right players and bring in 2 (or maybe 3) players that we do need.

Gow isn't good enough for Rangers

I agree with the Burke comment

FWIW, something tells me we're going to have a good transfer window. I think we'll move on the right players and bring in 2 (or maybe 3) players that we do need.

What gives you that impression Frankie?

Starting to get less concerned with the left back role

Papac has proved competant as cover, Whittaker has had two impressive performances there and stevie Smith is on the road to recovery

We need a pacey attacker and a creative attacking midfielder

RE: Whittaker - he's had 2 decent games there and 2 less than acceptable displays...

Back to Papac for me for the next 2 games. We all know his limitations but we've had so much trouble come down our left flank in the last few weeks, the big man deserves to be back in the team - no matter the offensive merits of playing Whittaker. Either that or play midfielders who know how to help out the lad rather than refuse to track back and/or get drawn inside time after time.

Probably the 4 bottles of Innis and Gunn I've had this evening.... ;)

Seriously, just the kind of murmurings I've heard from a few interesting people over the last week or so. But, Ive heard them be positive before to no avail...

I'd like to have seen Gow before now. Adam isn't as bad as many people make out but Gow would surely have presented an interesting alternative at some point in the team.

Unfortunately, it's more likely he'll go on loan when the window opens.

As for Burke, we all know that when he plays well he's exciting, creative and as good as any other player in an attacking sense. Unfortunately, it's difficult to trust in his consistency levels to help us win the league.

I think Burkes inconsistency can be put down to injuries and illness - seem to remember Alan Hutton being in that boat not that long ago.

I think if he is fit an playing well, we have to keep playing him. His is a dimension that we are sorely lacking right now

Seriously, just the kind of murmurings I've heard from a few interesting people over the last week or so. But, Ive heard them be positive before to no avail...

I have a good feeling about the Transfer window, but no idea why

I reckon we will have two players of genuine quality come through the door

Agreed with you about Papac, I'd bring him back but was just saying Whittaker has shown if need be he can slot in there

Left back just isn't a position that concerns me right now

Gow isn't good enough for Rangers

I agree with the Burke comment

I always liked Gow when he was at Falkirk - very smart player, plays the game simply, but makes others around him better. Kinda similar to Naismith I thought so dont know how you would fit them both in - maybe as 2 players in the hole sitting behing a lone front man

I have a good feeling about the Transfer window, but no idea why

I reckon we will have two players of genuine quality come through the door

Agreed with you about Papac, I'd bring him back but was just saying Whittaker has shown if need be he can slot in there

Left back just isn't a position that concerns me right now

Wish I shared your optimism - in recent years it seems that there is not much in real quality around at the mid season transfer window. Maybe the odd loan here or there, or a team cashing in on a player before they lose him for nothing but our I cannto see anything REALLY exciting happening.

Any names?

Any names?

Bob, Simon, Roger, Phil - how many you need?

I always liked Gow when he was at Falkirk - very smart player, plays the game simply, but makes others around him better. Kinda similar to Naismith I thought so dont know how you would fit them both in - maybe as 2 players in the hole sitting behing a lone front man

I have nothing against Gow, he just isn't good enough

There's a list as long as my arm of players who should strart before him

Buffel

Naismith

Novo

Lennon

Fleck

Furman

A good Rangers man I wish all the best in life, but it wont be with us

I think Burkes inconsistency can be put down to injuries and illness - seem to remember Alan Hutton being in that boat not that long ago.

I think if he is fit an playing well, we have to keep playing him. His is a dimension that we are sorely lacking right now

I agree with all that to a reasonable extent. However, like Webster and many other Rangers players in recent times, we cannot afford to stand by injury prone players for too long. It kills us financially even when we consider Burke's PRP deal and the fact insurance plays a factor in other cases.

There's no room for sentiment when we want to win the league title from Celtic. As much as love wee Burkey and appreciate the skills of Buffel, Id much rather we binned both and spent the money on a player who can deliver quality on a consistent basis. Transfers may be a risky strategy but I just can't trust either of these players to take us forward.