Corner turned?

Danny

3 games in a row over the festive period - 1-1 at the Sheep in which I was displeased that we'd failed to win, despite a lot of folk being happy with the effort put in. Then 3-1 over Motherwell in which we played flakily but got a break then won. And lastly 2-1 today which really fails to express the gulf between the two sides with us playing fantastically and scoring 1 especially wonderful goal.

7 games unbeaten since that travesty at Tannadice iirc - Barry said we haven't achieved anything till we go 10 games unbeaten. We're getting there.

I don't know how much you can read into it though - one minute we're awful, as we were against Hertz, the next we produce a fantastic display against their rivals.

We're very inconsistent, and I think the first REAL sign of progress being made would be a win at Parkhead.

If we can win that game (good display a bonus), then maybe, just maybe, we are finally looking like championship material.

I wouldn't count a win against the tims as a benchmark, we have beat them the last 3 times we have played them.

If we win all our games in January I would say we are looking at Championship material.

3 games in a row over the festive period - 1-1 at the Sheep in which I was displeased that we'd failed to win, despite a lot of folk being happy with the effort put in. Then 3-1 over Motherwell in which we played flakily but got a break then won. And lastly 2-1 today which really fails to express the gulf between the two sides with us playing fantastically and scoring 1 especially wonderful goal.

7 games unbeaten since that travesty at Tannadice iirc - Barry said we haven't achieved anything till we go 10 games unbeaten. We're getting there.

I don't know how much you can read into it though - one minute we're awful, as we were against Hertz, the next we produce a fantastic display against their rivals.

We're very inconsistent, and I think the first REAL sign of progress being made would be a win at Parkhead.

If we can win that game (good display a bonus), then maybe, just maybe, we are finally looking like championship material.

Big test at The Piggery - that will separate the men from the boys and CFC will have a stronger team with new signings + Bobo's back.

If we win that game we will be in pole position. It is a big ask and you have to wonder just how WS will set out his stall for this one.

Can we do it? Very possible, but will be tough and I do not think we can be too defensive.

10 out of a possible 12 points, we are in the kind of form I wanted us to be in going in to the tim game.

Nothing is decided of course on wednesday but the boost that Rangers would get by putting real daylight between us and the tims would be significant I feel.

I cant wait :)

I wouldn't count a win against the tims as a benchmark, we have beat them the last 3 times we have played them.

True, but this is the most important one - the festive period is the part of the season where the outcome of the league starts to truly shape up.

If we win all our games in January I would say we are looking at Championship material.

Well I'd agree it would be rather nice :)

But I suspect no side in the SPL will win all their January games. In fact, I suspect few sides in Europe will.

To be honest.. even though its going to be a massive game and nothing can be taken for granted..i cant remember being this confident of a result at celtic park than i am about the game on wednesday. this time last year i would be dreading it..

I don't think we have turned any corner, as such, but we are heading in the right direction.

If a poor result should occur on Wednesday, touch wood, then it will be back to square one. The panic mob will be out again, we will be pish and Smith will again become the wrong man for the job. Infact, all that carnage would probably be headed by your good self, Danny!

Certainly not turned the corner but we are on the road. Playing better but we need to learn to punish teams and not take our foot off the pedal. I was furious today that we let Hibs get a goal. We should of murdered them. Some of the players were strolling about the park like it was in the bad. That's not acceptable and we'll get puinshed for that. If I was Watty I'd bark at them all for this.

For as long as I can remember we have always been notoriously strong finishers to a season, and hopefully that is us kicking into gear now, ready to take the title home. Its there if we want it, thats for sure.