When Smith & Ally get in

CANUCKBEAR

Well it looks a tho we will finally get these to guys, and it makes me happy to know that its going to be two die hard Rangers fan who know what it is like to play for the club. However, I am not too sure how much more success these guys are going to have. I mean aside from know the Scottish game better and knowing about the GERS it doesnt seem that either Smith or PLG (when he was here) where going to be giving much of a chance to strengthen the squad with quality players.

I mean do we think that Murray will all of a sudden hand over Smith and Ally with 5-10 million for new players??? I dont think so, and if he does then why did he not give that money to PLG so he could make those signings? Now I am sure many will say "well look at Sebo, Leitzi, Papac, all PLG signings that were truly crap", but what else was he supposed to do with no money and working with a team that deperately needed a lot more quality??????

I hope that Smith and Ally can improve the attitudes and get some of the problems out of ibrox, but if there is no money for them, then what else can we really expect???

Unless Murray gives Smith a war chest and gets rid of at least 9,10,11 players, I cant see us having any success for another few seasons. This is one hell of a job Smith has taken on. I wanted Le Guen to succeed more than anything, I want Smith to succeed a billion times more!

i would like to think they will do well,but im not convinced. :(

Yeah! I'm worried too Minstral,I don't like the thought of going backwards(with Smith) and forward with an inexperienced Ally,and lousy players(do you think we will sign the guys we need before the window closes?) thars a big worry too. :unsure:

I'll say one thing though. This move has taken a lot of courage for Walter. Consider: Fantastic job at the moment with Scotland -- and he knows he will need to 'quit' to become Rangers manager.

It's always an emotional sbject -- clubs vs country. Walter knew at least some people will give him pelters for this decision -- and some will welcome him back to the club (of course.)

But taking this on? jeez. Courageous to say the least. But, I fully respect Walter's decision to come back.

Let's just hope it works out. If it doesn't, it's a personal disaster for him (quitting Scotland then failing as well?) -- and he deserves better.

CMON THE GERS!

I'll say one thing though. This move has taken a lot of courage for Walter. Consider: Fantastic job at the moment with Scotland -- and he knows he will need to 'quit' to become Rangers manager.

It's always an emotional sbject -- clubs vs country. Walter knew at least some people will give him pelters for this decision -- and some will welcome him back to the club (of course.)

But taking this on? jeez. Courageous to say the least. But, I fully respect Walter's decision to come back.

Let's just hope it works out. If it doesn't, it's a personal disaster for him (quitting Scotland then failing as well?) -- and he deserves better.

CMON THE GERS!

(tu)

Could dent his reputation and status. Some set of balls to be taking on this job. I for that matter respect him bigtime and the same goes for McCoist too.

I think that a guy of WS experience would not have swapped a relatively secure job, where he has been given a lot of praise, for the Gers hotseat, in its current state, if he did not think he could turn it around.

I believe he should be given his due for the decision he has masde, as a true Rangers man and wish him every success.