No rush to replace Ehiogu

Muff

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1218715,00.html

WALTER SMITH is unlikely to replace Ugo Ehiogu after the experienced defender left Rangers to sign for Sheffield United.

Andy WebsterSpeculation is rife about who might join Gers after the English stopper moved on, with reports suggesting West Ham's Christian Dailly is on his way in a loan deal wide of the mark.

But with Andy Webster close to returning from injury, Smith feels he has someone ready to fill the void left by Ehiogu's departure.

Stevie Smith is also close to a comeback and that would allow Sasa Papac to adopt his more natural central-defensive position if required.

The manager said: "We have Andy coming back now and he is hoping, as we all do, that he will be injury-free now.

"That will be like having a new signing and we have Stevie on his way back too as a back-four player.

"We will keep looking around just in case but any signings we make will only be if they are absolutely necessary, as a safety measure more than anything."Stevie Smith

Smith paid tribute to the contribution made by Ehiogu during his year-long stay at Ibrox.

The 35-year-old will long be remembered for the overhead kick he scored to give Rangers a famous 1-0 win against Celtic at Parkhead last March.

Smith added: "Ugo has been great for us. He has not had the best of luck recently but played exceptionally well for us when he first arrived.

"He helped lay the foundations for this season and his attitude, even when he was playing in the reserves, was terrific. He was a dedicated professional.

"Ugo is at an age where he wants to be playing and he had a chance to sign for another year with Sheffield United so he goes there with our best wishes."

This is not good, we really need an experienced organiser in there.

Smith has a hip problem although operated on not sure if he will be fit to play football, it may be a reoccuring problem.

Webster is an unknown quantity he has been injured since he was at ibrox and am not sure if he is an organiser.

Smith has a hip problem although operated on not sure if he will be fit to play football, it may be a reoccuring problem.

Webster is an unknown quantity he has been injured since he was at ibrox and am not sure if he is an organiser.

That doesnt realy make sense? Why do we need an experienced organiser to replace Ugo, he hasnt been playing, therefore hasnt been organising anything

That doesnt realy make sense? Why do we need an experienced organiser to replace Ugo, he hasnt been playing, therefore hasnt been organising anything

Maybe he organises the nights out?

Maybe he organises the nights out?

Could be, he certainly had enough spare time

Cant see Daily coming now.

I liked Webster when he vplayed vs Gretna - he had a great game that day. I think he will be real good IF HE GETS A GOOD INJURY FREE RUN IN THE TEAM.

If not give a younger guy a chance.

Dailly is a walking accident and i don't want him near Ibrox

Our defence looks like this.

Weir

Cuellar

Webster

Broadfoot

Smith

Papac

Hutton

Whittaker

5 centre halves.......why go for Dailly.........it's a difficult one unless Broadfoot and Papac are history.

I havent worded it correctly, i didnt mean Ugo was an organiser i meant that we need an organiser as we dont have one. Getting rid of Ugo doesnt bother me but i feel we need an experienced CH that can organise the back line and from what i have seen from the rest of the defence we dont have one.