Deal of the century!

Bazza

:lol:

Imagine 8M for that Hutton :lol:

And it wouldn't be the first time a team has signed the wrong player.

Your other team and Luther Blisset is one example...allegedly.

Not the one I was thinking of. The one I recall was when an English side, possibly bossed by either Big Ron or Bobby Robson saw some brilliant player, but mistakenly signed his brother who totally flopped.

That is amazing, right lads lets pretend to be Murray call Ramos say the deal is on and fire down Adam ASAP!!

It would be maybe the funniest thing in the history of all that is pure and holy.

Not the one I was thinking of. The one I recall was when an English side, possibly bossed by either Big Ron or Bobby Robson saw some brilliant player, but mistakenly signed his brother who totally flopped.

Did Souness not do that at Blackburn?

Did Real Madrid also apparently send scouts to watch Gravesen a few times , thought he played amazing in the few games they saw....

only to realise he was shite and they had been mistaking him for lee carsley who was on a great run of form at the time...

You might be thinking of that player he signed for Southampton, supposedly on the recommendation of George Weah, who turned out to be a hoax.

Don't know of that one. Did anyone at Milan later confirm that they had got Blisset confused with Barnes?

You might be thinking of that player he signed for Southampton, supposedly on the recommendation of George Weah, who turned out to be a hoax.

Ah that was it , thanks bud (tu)

Correct Southampton. Subbed on after an injury in the first half, subbed off 15 minutes later. That was the extent of his match time. Wouldn't like to say for certain but wee Gordon might have been Saints boss at the time? :D

Did anyone at Milan later confirm that they had got Blisset confused with Barnes?

It's well documented. There is still a Luther Blissett Fan Club amongst the Rossoneri.

There was, IIRC, something about Bobby Robson and a similar 'signed the wrong player' story, but memory of the details escape me, or if it was actually true.

We've changed our minds Spurs, £5M will do for Hutton :lol: