Is Kris Boyd Improving as a Player!

Get rid of him & watch his name flash up on the scoresheet regular

for some other team(maybe even opponents).

What do we want ?.

Seeeeeeeebo.

No body is saying get rid of him!

The point is Boyd improving as a player and the answer is no!

But you would think after 2 years he would have improved other parts of his game <cr>

f*ckin scored goals when he came & STILL scorin goals FFS.

He scored a goal today. Truth be told, he should have had a hat-trick.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets weigh it up, Boyd does little other than put the ball in the back of the net with an average of a goal every other game, who has won us more games than him with their contribution? answer, no-one, not even remotely close, so shut up whinging and appreciate the boy before he is driven out by so called supporters.

Lets weigh it up, Boyd does little other than put the ball in the back of the net with an average of a goal every other game, who has won us more games than him with their contribution? answer, no-one, not even remotely close, so shut up whinging and appreciate the boy before he is driven out by so called supporters.

I couldn't put it any better.

What do we want ?.

Seeeeeeeebo.

But you would think after 2 years he would have improved other parts of his game <cr>

Yet again you miss the point!

Read what i'm saying BOYD HAS ALWAYS SCORED GOALS!,IT'S THE REST OF HIS GAME HE'S NOT IMPROVED IN OVER 2YEARS

everybody else is getting the point!

Nobody is saying get rid of him or anything else... all were asking is,Is he improving as a FOOTBALL PLAYER ALLROUND?

If you think he is then Fine <cr>

What do we want ?.

Seeeeeeeebo.

Read what i'm saying BOYD HAS ALWAYS SCORED GOALS!,IT'S THE REST OF HIS GAME HE'S NOT IMPROVED IN OVER 2YEARS

Nobody is saying get rid of him or anything else... all were asking is,Is he improving as a FOOTBALL PLAYER ALLROUND?

He is positioned as a goalscorer.He scores goals simple as that.

I aint missed no point my friend.

No, I don't think he is.

His positional sense is good, as he knows where to be to score goals. But when it comes to his touch, hold up play, pace, heading and general technique, he still has a lot to work on.

Spot on. Maybe if he listened to Ally at training and stayed behind to work on his game, he would have a chance of improving. However, as long as his arrogant attitude towards training continues, then he can continue to be a bit part player for us. Even the rest of the first team are pissed off with his attitude at training - does the bare minimum then fucks off.

If thats true about training!, that probably why he aint improving the other parts of his game. there's no doubting the boys ability in scoring goals and thats not what i'm getting at

But am i wrong to be asking more as a fan in his build up play ?

Any Player who puts on a Gers top should be wanting to be the best player he could be !

I think he has improvede since he came. I think he does try harder for the team, i'm not saying he's perfect but has improved on when he came.

He has always had the instinct to be in the right place at the right time and that hasn't left him. I do think he's looked a bit rusty in his finishing the last two games but that's to be expected by not playing regularly.

I also thought his link up play today was quite good and he showed good vision to find Whitaker for the last goal.

It is strange that Boyd has so many doubters on this forum, he made two goals today and scored one, that in my opinion is a good contribution to the team. To answer the question yes I do think he is a better player but those who do not like him refuse to see it. Why do we not support our home bread players rather than criticise all the time, it makes me really f*****g angry. There are still people on hear who want Sebo back, and that is just bloody madness. Rant over. <cr>

What do we want ?.

Seeeeeeeebo.

He is positioned as a goalscorer.He scores goals simple as that.

I aint missed no point my friend.

Well i beg to differ my friend

Even the best poachers have the abilty to hold up the ball and win headers, All i ask is if boyd wants to play in the BIG games he should be trying to improve those parts of his game! but IMO in the 2years boyd has been here theres still no sign of improvement.

Well i beg to differ my friend

Even the best poachers have the abilty to hold up the ball and win headers, All i ask is if boyd wants to play in the BIG games he should be trying to improve those parts of his game! but IMO in the 2years boyd has been here theres still no sign of improvement.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy perhaps being the most high profile example of this (tu)

His movement has not improved at all; I don't mean running about chasing and closing down, I mean his movement in and around the box.Today even Adam made runs to the posts while Boyd was standing around. The number of times he is caught blatantly offside shows why he is not trusted against better class opposition.

Is the cause lack of awareness or knowledge of the offside rule or just poor movement and laziness, hoping that he will get the tap in without any effort on his part?

He has the natural goalscoring ability, which is in scarce supply, but the weaknesses he shows and obviously does not work on is a criminal waste of talent.

The management should share the blame for this just as they should with Burke's continued weakness in the art of crossing. Both should be made to work on these weaknesses and in Boyd's case especially he should not be driven out and his reluctance to work on the aspects should not just be accepted by the manager and coaching staff because it is up to them to manage and coach.

Boyd is what he is a natural goalscorer and many teams do not have one. We are better off with him and remember like other players he plays better with some games under his belt and a good service from midfield. Is he limited in his skills - oh hell yes, but look around at the other players at Ibrox and you will get the` same answers. eg. Adam? Weir? Whittaker? Hemdani? McCulloch? Novo?, Burke? JCD? Beasley? NOT just Boyd. Give him a break and a few games is my advice.

The point i'm making in 2years has he improved as a player?

IMO no he's getting worse!

In my opinion if you are a sub all the time and not getting 90 mins you are less likely to improve, especially with poor service.

Boyd is what he is a natural goalscorer and many teams do not have one. We are better off with him and remember like other players he plays better with some games under his belt and a good service from midfield. Is he limited in his skills - oh hell yes, but look around at the other players at Ibrox and you will get the` same answers. eg. Adam? Weir? Whittaker? Hemdani? McCulloch? Novo?, Burke? JCD? Beasley? NOT just Boyd. Give him a break and a few games is my advice.

In my opinion if you are a sub all the time and not getting 90 mins you are less likely to improve, especially with poor service.

Ah well, Young John Fleck should give up now.

Hes not going to learn anything sitting on the bench week in week out, Never going to improve as a player

The only one thing i want from him is to score goals.I don`t give a fuck if he`s improve himself or not.Just goals,that`s all i(we) need.

No its not!! We need more from him!!!

We get away with it against East Stirling and a 10 man St Mirren team. We dont get away with it against Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs or Celtic.

In the time Boyd has been at Rangers he's played more in enough games to improve as a player!

The only one thing i want from him is to score goals.I don`t give a fuck if he`s improve himself or not.Just goals,that`s all i(we) need.

No its not!! We need more from him!!!

We get away with it against East Stirling and a 10 man St Mirren team. We dont get away with it against Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs or Celtic.

well man,check his stats playing for Rangers then...If that kind of goals are not enough for you,i rly don`t know what can be..

In the time Boyd has been at Rangers he's played more in enough games to improve as a player!

No credit for KB at all then.

In 2 years Boyd should of improved his all round game. Good players do, Kevin Thomson, Scott Brown, C. Ronaldo, Fabregas, Ashley Young, Gabby Abonglahor....It takes hard work, time and effort, something Boyd doesn't seem to be interested in.

As for being a sub. He's started plenty of games in the last 2 years.

Great!The guy always sitting on the bench and just for 2 games in starting line-up(with 4 goals) you are worryin about how good player he is.Give the man some time ffs,it seems some of you don`t remember the last season..Too bad..

First your problem is that he`s not scoring enough.But when he scores,he is not good enough and you have problem with that shitty teams we play with..Okay then,let Darcheville scores in every fuckin` game...Do you believe it?Cause even he`s great player,he`s NOT great goalscorer.If you don`t trust Boyd then let some other strikers play.Who ? McCulloch?ROFLMAO...

C`mon.. be little patience with him..

No credit for KB at all then.

How many times do i need to say i cant fault his Goalscoring record,But you have to admit the rest of his game needs to improve!

Thats why the thread says is Kris Boyd improving as a player and in the time he's been here no!

Thats the reason alot of fans get annoyed with boyd

In 2 years Boyd should of improved his all round game. Good players do, Kevin Thomson, Scott Brown, C. Ronaldo, Fabregas, Ashley Young, Gabby Abonglahor....It takes hard work, time and effort, something Boyd doesn't seem to be interested in.

As for being a sub. He's started plenty of games in the last 2 years.

Spot on thats the point i'm getting at!

:beer2:

Great!The guy always sitting on the bench and just for 2 games in starting line-up(with 4 goals) you are worryin about how good player he is.Give the man some time ffs,it seems some of you don`t remember the last season..Too bad..

First your problem is that he`s not scoring enough.But when he scores,he is not good enough and you have problem with that shitty teams we play with..Okay then,let Darcheville scores in every fuckin` game...Do you believe it?Cause even he`s great player,he`s NOT great goalscorer.If you don`t trust Boyd then let some other strikers play.Who ? McCulloch?ROFLMAO...

It's no like we've just signed boyd it's over 2years now!

How much time does he need?

after all he's is 24 now

Until Boyd sorts his attitude out he'll continue to find himself on the bench, and rightly so.

If he doesn't, it will take a move away from Rangers to realise what he's missed!

It's no like we've just signed boyd it's over 2years now!

How much time does he need?

after all he's is 24 now

Need, to do what ?. score feckin goals. <cr>