Is Kris Boyd Improving as a Player!

Great!The guy always sitting on the bench and just for 2 games in starting line-up(with 4 goals) you are worryin about how good player he is.Give the man some time ffs,it seems some of you don`t remember the last season..Too bad..

First your problem is that he`s not scoring enough.But when he scores,he is not good enough and you have problem with that shitty teams we play with..Okay then,let Darcheville scores in every fuckin` game...Do you believe it?Cause even he`s great player,he`s NOT great goalscorer.If you don`t trust Boyd then let some other strikers play.Who ? McCulloch?ROFLMAO...

C`mon.. be little patience with him..

It's no like we've just signed boyd it's over 2years now!

How much time does he need?

after all he's is 24 now

Need, to do what ?. score feckin goals. <cr>

Improve the rest of his game <cr> so he can start more often and get to play in europe or against the tims :rolleyes:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy to see him improve nothing,but score goals which brings us trophies,that`s all.

I naively thought that since we signed Boyd... but check the league tables the past two years.

Now I'm not saying playing him has cost us the title, but just because have have a goalscorer in the side does not guarantee winning the league.

Great!The guy always sitting on the bench and just for 2 games in starting line-up(with 4 goals) you are worryin about how good player he is.Give the man some time ffs,it seems some of you don`t remember the last season..Too bad..

First your problem is that he`s not scoring enough.But when he scores,he is not good enough and you have problem with that shitty teams we play with..Okay then,let Darcheville scores in every fuckin` game...Do you believe it?Cause even he`s great player,he`s NOT great goalscorer.If you don`t trust Boyd then let some other strikers play.Who ? McCulloch?ROFLMAO...

C`mon.. be little patience with him..

It's no like we've just signed boyd it's over 2years now!

How much time does he need?

after all he's is 24 now

Need, to do what ?. score feckin goals. <cr>

Improve the rest of his game <cr> so he can start more often and get to play in europe or against the tims :rolleyes:

Am Kris Boyd oot.

Bruce Springsteen's a callling

Have a good night. :bouncy:

No Surrender.

I would be happy to see him improve nothing,but score goals which brings us trophies,that`s all.

I naively thought that since we signed Boyd... but check the league tables the past two years.

Now I'm not saying playing him has cost us the title, but just because have have a goalscorer in the side does not guarantee winning the league.

so whos fault is it and where would we be if we never got boyd

so whos fault is it and where would we be if we never got boyd

Who knows?

We may have had played someone else who would have got the side those goals, or scored half the goals but created a lot.

We can all speculate, but I'm just replying to a comment which seemed to suggest that playing him would win us the league.

Boyd is what he is a natural goalscorer and many teams do not have one. We are better off with him and remember like other players he plays better with some games under his belt and a good service from midfield. Is he limited in his skills - oh hell yes, but look around at the other players at Ibrox and you will get the` same answers. eg. Adam? Weir? Whittaker? Hemdani? McCulloch? Novo?, Burke? JCD? Beasley? NOT just Boyd. Give him a break and a few games is my advice.

The point i'm making in 2years has he improved as a player?

IMO no he's getting worse!

In my opinion if you are a sub all the time and not getting 90 mins you are less likely to improve, especially with poor service.

You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear! your old enough to know this Nvager. :rolleyes::lol:

Imagine how good Boyd could be if he got his head down and did that little bit extra work both on and off the park?

Sure it's hard work, but it f*kn pays off. It will benefit not only us, but himself.

It's going to take Boyd to move on from Rangers to realise this.

Imagine how good Boyd could be if he got his head down and did that little bit extra work both on and off the park?

Sure it's hard work, but it f*kn pays off. It will benefit not only us, but himself.

Agreed.

The most annoying thing is that the qualitys he lacks, he could enhance by working on them. He has the bit you can't teach - the positional knowledge - its just a lot of other things he really, really needs to work on.

Very frustrating.

He is what he is Muff,what you see is what you get,and all the extra work in the world is never going to change a thing,unfortuately. :(

Agreed.

The most annoying thing is that the qualitys he lacks, he could enhance by working on them. He has the bit you can't teach - the positional knowledge - its just a lot of other things he really, really needs to work on.

Very frustrating.

Thats what annoy's me and loads of other Gers fans :mad:

Theres no other proven goalscorer here so selling him just wouldn't work right now. Cousin came closest to it and hes going now, Darcheville works hard and pops up with the odd goal but isn't a real goalscorer, Naismith varies from midfield and up front, Novo seems more accustomed to midfield now so the days of him being a consistant scorer are gone really. Missed anyone? Theres no way Boyd should go unless a striker whos main strength is scoring goals is lined up to replace him, as i said people like Darcheville work hard but goal scoring isn't their strength.

Theres no other proven goalscorer here so selling him just wouldn't work right now. Cousin came closest to it and hes going now, Darcheville works hard and pops up with the odd goal but isn't a real goalscorer, Naismith varies from midfield and up front, Novo seems more accustomed to midfield now so the days of him being a consistant scorer are gone really. Missed anyone? Theres no way Boyd should go unless a striker whos main strength is scoring goals is lined up to replace him, as i said people like Darcheville work hard but goal scoring isn't their strength.

Do we actually need a proven goal scorer(and remember Boyd only scores against inferior opposition) when we get so many goals from so many different

options on our team? :unsure:

Do we actually need a proven goal scorer(and remember Boyd only scores against inferior opposition) when we get so many goals from so many different

I take your point but goal scoring is meant to be the job of whoevers up front, yes its not an absolute must need but having a striker who scores 20-30 goals in a season is very useful and right now Boyds the only player we have whos even close to that.

i think that boyd is nothing more than a poacher who will consistantly get goals

last year and the start of this he was trying to add to his overall game but it detracted from what he does best which is be at the right place at the right time.

goals win games and winning games wins prizes

I take that point on Board and i would have backed you in the past....BUT all the best poachers can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game, Boyd cant do this and part of the reason why Walter doesn't play him in the big games!

Did he not have at least 1 assist? just for arguments sake, and, to be honest, my last post on this (and many other) subjects, am getting sick of te negativity on here if am being honest. Is going to end up with .... "we won the league, but only by 10 points, what **** players we have"

Am i the only person on here that was a fan in the 80's?????

This is the question we need to ask,Yes he scored today but LBH against 10men he still couldn't hold the ball up win headers and don't get me started on his 1st touch!

I'm see what Mark Hateley ment when he said he's like playing with 10men but your 1-0 up!

I used to be all for Boyd when he 1st come to Rangers, but after 2 years at the club and under the guidance of our greatest striker with Scotland and a year at Rangers <_< his overall game seems to be getting worse :angry2:

Dudue, i think i need to buy you a pint and give you a hug!

hibs, hearts, kilmarnock, aberdeen, if you ask me, every team in the SPL is inferior opposition, we have so many different options, why should we take away the proven goalscorer option and change it for a non proven goalscorer <cr>

i think that boyd is nothing more than a poacher who will consistantly get goals

last year and the start of this he was trying to add to his overall game but it detracted from what he does best which is be at the right place at the right time.

goals win games and winning games wins prizes

I take that point on Board and i would have backed you in the past....BUT all the best poachers can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game, Boyd cant do this and part of the reason why Walter doesn't play him in the big games!

Did he not have at least 1 assist? just for arguments sake, and, to be honest, my last post on this (and many other) subjects, am getting sick of te negativity on here if am being honest. Is going to end up with .... "we won the league, but only by 10 points, what **** players we have

Am i the only person on here that was a fan in the 80's?????

No.

Joe Harper puts Aberdeen one up.

Alex Forsyth (bought from manu) equalises with a penalty.

Oh for a Boyd.