Is Kris Boyd Improving as a Player!

ye ok if thats how you read my posts then thats upto,see what you want,ive no problems with anyone opinions and i have my own,fair play,my only problem is the critisism that the team recieves on here,its beyond a joke and im not the only one who see's it.

in fact im no gonna bother going any further,the rangers media forum has turned into the rangers negative forum

sing when your winning ? more like fuckin winge when you winning to some

Oh Kris Boyd scores goal. Yip we all agree. Next topic.

Is Charlie Adam a fat waste of space. Yip we all agree. Next topic

It's a bloody forum. If we all agreed on everything then there would be nothing to discuss.

What appears to be happening here is that you are throwing your toys out of your pram because you are unable to twist peoples arms and get them to agree with what YOU believe to be right!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread topic: Is Kris Boyd improving as a player?

One opinion...yes.

Another opinion...No.

Neither are right, neither are wrong, just differing viewpoints on the same topic and something I actively encourage on a forum....otherwise no point in having one.

I am a Rangers fan that if Im honest will never really be happy. If we score 100 goals in a season I will be looking at ways to score 150. If we beat the tims 3 nil, I will rue the chances that should've made it 4,5 or 6.

My point is the forum is a collective of fans that only want the very best for Rangers - and have differing points of view as to how thats achieved.....

So if that makes Rmedia negative....God Bless Negativity!

Thread topic: Is Kris Boyd improving as a player?

One opinion...yes.

Another opinion...No.

Neither are right, neither are wrong, just differing viewpoints on the same topic and something I actively encourage on a forum....otherwise no point in having one.

I am a Rangers fan that if Im honest will never really be happy. If we score 100 goals in a season I will be looking at ways to score 150. If we beat the tims 3 nil, I will rue the chances that should've made it 4,5 or 6.

My point is the forum is a collective of fans that only want the very best for Rangers - and have differing points of view as to how thats achieved.....

So if that makes Rmedia negative....God Bless Negativity!

Everyone should have an opinion and that is the basis for this and other forums. It is obvious and right that people will disagree about different viewpoints and this is where we can voice our points and suggestions and also let off steam in a manner that harms no one apart from maybe their pride.

JR, I am also with you in wanting more and more from our team because we are passionate about Rangers and the only way forward is to constantly try to do better.

blue tinted specs on aye maybe but wtf i praise were praise is due and when the team are top of the league and winning i praise them,no like you two who only pick out negatives,so what boyd hasnt got the great game of laudrup or gazza but he does his job by scoring goals,how many years did we sit and watch shite and now we have a team capable of winning the league its still negativity.

and anyhoo wtf is wrong with having blue tinted specs on,thats the way all gers supporters should be,your love of the club should make all other matters fade into insignificance and it does for me,i may praise too highly sometime but i will never have a negative attitude towards anything rangers.

and papaguy nice of you to take one post that i disagreed with you on and use it against me,how big of you and i'll link you to the post if you want,once and once only have i addressed you personally so stfu and dont bother sticking your nose into something that wasnt even aimed at you please.

Another internet hard man :idiot:

I can't reply to posts on a message board that aren't intended for me now, hmmm ok mate.

Do you have the brain capacity to understand what a 'message board' is for? If you can't take someone disagreeing with you why are you even here?

Jesus - what pish and nonsense - People do not give Byod enough credit for anything - he has upped his work rate tremendously, first touch has improved, he holds the ball better and works the channnel better - AND he scores a barrowful of goals!! BUT if he makes any mistakes at all the crowd get on his back - you have to laugh!

i can see your opinion mate (tu)

Kris Boyd does what Kris Boyd does best scores goals and misses sitters that is it!

Don't try making him into something he ain't, I am more worried with Charlie Adam playing every week!

FFs sake here we go again another thread critising Boyd. as I said in another thread if Boyd was as good at creating chances for other folk and or creating a goal out of nothing he wouldn't be playing for us he would be at Man Utd or any other great club in the world he sure as hell wouldn't be playing for us. I thought he played well yesterday he should have had another hatrick and if he had been playing regularly I'm sure he would've his link up play was good especially when he flicked the ball onto JCD normally that ball would've gone to an opponent evey time. So if you can't see thet his overall play is getting better then you must be Stevie fucking wonder. And as for Scott Brown getting better over the last 2 years what a fucking joke that is I'm glad we didn't sign him now as he has went 100% backwards since he joined them So not every player has improved in the last 2 years.

FFs sake here we go again another thread critising Boyd. as I said in another thread if Boyd was as good at creating chances for other folk and or creating a goal out of nothing he wouldn't be playing for us he would be at Man Utd or any other great club in the world he sure as hell wouldn't be playing for us. I thought he played well yesterday he should have had another hatrick and if he had been playing regularly I'm sure he would've his link up play was good especially when he flicked the ball onto JCD normally that ball would've gone to an opponent evey time. So if you can't see thet his overall play is getting better then you must be Stevie fucking wonder. And as for Scott Brown getting better over the last 2 years what a fucking joke that is I'm glad we didn't sign him now as he has went 100% backwards since he joined them So not every player has improved in the last 2 years.

Sorry M8,But Boyd is Playing for a GREAT CLUB and should be trying to Improve other parts of his game! :rangers:

Who said Scott Brown was getting better? <cr>

M8 are you sure your on the right Forum?! :rolleyes:

Nearly spat my tea over the moniter there :lol:

Hes lost a few pounds and has improved a few bits of his game but hes still not improved enough.

Sorry M8,But Boyd is Playing for a GREAT CLUB and should be trying to Improve other parts of his game! :rangers:

Who said Scott Brown was getting better? <cr>

M8 are you sure your on the right Forum?! :rolleyes:

You are right Boyd is playing for a great club but there are clubs that are greater than ours. man U, Barcelona, real Madrid, AC Milan are greater clubs than Rangers. On this thread somebody said ronaldo, scott brown and a few others have improved in the last 2 years well Ronlado has but scott brown has most certainly not. read page 5 of this thread

Nearly spat my tea over the moniter there :lol:

Hes lost a few pounds and has improved a few bits of his game but hes still not improved enough.

thats what I mean if he improved to the extent that some on here wants then he wouldn't be playing for us. So I for one hope he turns in to Pele coz somebody else will want to buy him if he does. If we stays at rangers for the rest of his career and plays regularly he will break Super Allys record of goals I've no doubt about that

In 2 years Boyd should of improved his all round game. Good players do, Kevin Thomson, Scott Brown, C. Ronaldo, Fabregas, Ashley Young, Gabby Abonglahor....It takes hard work, time and effort, something Boyd doesn't seem to be interested in.

As for being a sub. He's started plenty of games in the last 2 years.

Is this the One?

Muffger is Saying in the same time spell of 2 years all these players have improved,Boyd IMO is the exact same player he was when he 1st come from Kilmarnock....As for Scott Brown he's went off the Boil since being at celtic, but last year at Hibs he was on fire.

Muffger is that how you see it?

In 2 years Boyd should of improved his all round game. Good players do, Kevin Thomson, Scott Brown, C. Ronaldo, Fabregas, Ashley Young, Gabby Abonglahor....It takes hard work, time and effort, something Boyd doesn't seem to be interested in.

Is this the One?

Muffger is Saying in the same time spell of 2 years all these players have improved,Boyd IMO is the exact same player he was when he 1st come from Kilmarnock....As for Scott Brown he's went off the Boil since being at celtic, but last year at Hibs he was on fire.

I agree he was and "was" being the opperative word, he is NOT now on fire this season and what constitutes "being off the boil" 1 game 10 games 20 games coz he has had 1 decent game for them all season how the fuck is that improving as a player. let me put it another way apart from Hutton who else at Rangers has improved in the last 2 years Bazza ? I don't think so. Hemdani ? I don't think so either. Adam ? No i think he is not playing as well as he did last season. Novo ? He's just been the same. So why pick on Boyd ? this thread could've been about any player but it's Boyd who gets it in the neck AGAIN.

Is this the One?

I agree he was and "was" being the opperative word, he is NOT now on fire this season and what constitutes "being off the boil" 1 game 10 games 20 games coz he has had 1 decent game for them all season how the fuck is that improving as a player. let me put it another way apart from Hutton who else at Rangers has improved in the last 2 years Bazza ? I don't think so. Hemdani ? I don't think so either. Adam ? No i think he is not playing as well as he did last season. Novo ? He's just been the same. So why pick on Boyd ? this thread could've been about any player but it's Boyd who gets it in the neck AGAIN.

Lets Have a look who has Improved as a Player since there debut at Rangers IMO

First-team squad

No. Position Player

1 GK Allan McGregor Yes

2 DF Alan Hutton Yes

3 DF David Weir Yes

4 FW Thomas Buffel No but he doesn't get a game!

5 DF Saša Papac Yes he has improved

6 MF Barry Ferguson (captain) Yes

7 MF Brahim Hemdani yes

8 MF Kevin Thomson Yes

9 FW Kris Boyd no exactly the same since arriving from Kilmarnock

10 FW Nacho Novo yes he has improved at rangers since moving from dundee

11 MF Charlie Adam no

14 MF Amdy Faye (on loan from Charlton Athletic) hell NO!

15 MF Alan Gow don't know aint seen enough

16 GK Graeme Smith don't know!

17 MF Chris Burke yes

18 FW Steven Naismith yes

19 FW Jean-Claude Darcheville it's debatable

20 MF DaMarcus Beasley not seen enough

21 DF Kirk Broadfoot don't know aint seen enough

22 DF Andy Webster (on loan from Wigan Athletic) No

24 DF Carlos Cuéllar yes

25 GK Roy Carroll Aint seen enough

26 DF Steven Smith since his debut yes he had improved,Don't know if he'll be the same player

27 FW Lee McCulloch yes

28 MF Steven Whittaker yes

29 FW Daniel Cousin no

I'd say Boyd has improved since he signed.

His work-rate is better, his hold-up play stronger, his heading much improved and he looks fitter than ever of late.

Yes, there is still plenty to work on (his finishing was poor yesterday) but other than one-off average contributions - partially explained by his lack of sharpness due to a lack of an extended run of games - generally the lad is a better player than his Killie days.

IMHO I don't think half the players you said have improved but they haven't got worse either apart from Adam. Bazza for one is not playing nearly as well as he did when he broke into the team while Advocaat was in charge. David weir has been consistantly good but playing better ? Apart from Hutton no one has been outstandingly better. Mcgregor was a great keeper when he got his chance anyway but is still suspect at cross balls as he was when he got his chance so hasn't improved on that. thomson was great for Hibs took him a while to get back to that standard when he joined us but better now than he was before we bought him ? I'm not sure but this time next year then yes he will be. As will Boyd get better I've seen an improvement in his play sice he joined us.

Is this the One?

The reason there is so much uproar about him is because he's a player that regardless how poor he plays, his backers will defend him blindly while no other Gers player receives that kind of support.

Hell, if Barry gets a 6 two games in a row people start talking about how he's 'not the same player' etc, whereas if Boyd gets two 6's in a row, it's ok because he scored a hattrick against East Stirlings butchers, bakers and candlestick makers last month.

It's crazy.

ye ok if thats how you read my posts then thats upto,see what you want,ive no problems with anyone opinions and i have my own,fair play,my only problem is the critisism that the team recieves on here,its beyond a joke and im not the only one who see's it.

in fact im no gonna bother going any further,the rangers media forum has turned into the rangers negative forum

sing when your winning ? more like fuckin winge when you winning to some

Oh Kris Boyd scores goal. Yip we all agree. Next topic.

Is Charlie Adam a fat waste of space. Yip we all agree. Next topic

It's a bloody forum. If we all agreed on everything then there would be nothing to discuss.

What appears to be happening here is that you are throwing your toys out of your pram because you are unable to twist peoples arms and get them to agree with what YOU believe to be right!

im trying to twist peoples arms ? im not the one starting threads,hijacking threads to stick their bit in about boyd,read through the bears den,you'll see how often these 2 pick on boyd solely,its shockin tbh.

im an internet hardman aye ? why because i phrased my answer personally to disgruntled and you felt the need to defend him like his big babysitter,sorry but you make me laugh.

and i totally agree with yous that everyones entitled to their opinion,but i'll dig out some links tonight showing that threads hijacked,and post after post gets made with saying the same thing,but ye thats only me who sees this.

Is this the One?

The reason there is so much uproar about him is because he's a player that regardless how poor he plays, his backers will defend him blindly while no other Gers player receives that kind of support.

Hell, if Barry gets a 6 two games in a row people start talking about how he's 'not the same player' etc, whereas if Boyd gets two 6's in a row, it's ok because he scored a hattrick against East Stirlings butchers, bakers and candlestick makers last month.

It's crazy.

Again with the "blind" comment, what does this mean ?? You say it everytime you criticise Boyd !

Over the past few weeks I have defended Boyd and provided facts to support my reasons behind my support of the guy. In one post I even provided the scoring stats of Boyd, Darchville and Cousin and Boyd run away the clear winner and still people criticised him. They stated that Boyd only scored against “smaller teams†and that’s why his stats were so prolific, exactly what you have just said “it's ok because he scored a hattrick against East Stirlingsâ€. However when I said that he has scored against EVERY club in the SPL including Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell this was just ignored.

I wasn’t at the game on Saturday so I cant really comment on Boyd’s overall performance but I have seen the goals and I have a few pints I would like to make.

Firstly for the Burke goal, when the cross came in from the left, the 3 St Mirren defenders that were in the box all followed the movement of Boyd thus leaving Burke “unmarked†at the back post. They were more worried about what Boyd was going to do and saw him as the danger. His movement and reputation on this occasion led to Burke being unmarked and thus created a goalscoring opportunity.

Then there is the Whittaker goal (our 4th) I may be mistaken but wasn’t it Boyd who dropped deep, picked up the ball and then played the pass for Whittaker to score?

People on here have commented in the past saying “all he does is score†and that “he doesn’t contribute anything else†which IMO is nonsense. These two examples alone prove that not only is he scoring goals but he is getting involved in the build up of goals and his movement and presence on the park is causing teams problems.

As for his goal itself I thought it was a peach, he timed his run well and took it first time and rifled it into the corner. Had this been Cousin scoring such a goal I reckon most people on this board would be singing his praises. Who says Boyd can only score from 6 yards ??

Think the problem with him is some people think he is a great goal scorer. But he only scores at SPL level not at the highest level, also who would you rather have, a striker who scores 30 goals a season in the spl or a player who scores 18 but most of his goals are winners. ie 1-0 wins or 2-1 wins not the 3rd and 4th in 4-0 and 5-0 win. I think he would make a good player at Championship level no more. Also when I say spl I do not could of games.

im trying to twist peoples arms ? im not the one starting threads,hijacking threads to stick their bit in about boyd,read through the bears den,you'll see how often these 2 pick on boyd solely,its shockin tbh.

im an internet hardman aye ? why because i phrased my answer personally to disgruntled and you felt the need to defend him like his big babysitter,sorry but you make me laugh.

and i totally agree with yous that everyones entitled to their opinion,but i'll dig out some links tonight showing that threads hijacked,and post after post gets made with saying the same thing,but ye thats only me who sees this.

• PB, DB and Papa don't like Boyd

• Boab doesn't particularly like Lee McCulloch

• Mad Cow hates Charlie Adam

• Nvager thinks our midfield is vastly over rated

• Davy rates Kevin Thomson and has done since we signed him.
These people I mentioned are expressing their opinion and I have no problem with that as thats what a message board is all about.

Again with regards to starting threads: so what if they are starting threads, it's a forum thats the whole point. I would be worried if their were no threads at all.

And on the subject of threads they are NOT hijacking threads, fair enough if it was random threads that they spun off topic than yes, but it isn't. They all make these points in the relevant threads.

And I never said you were an internet hardman and I would appreciate it if you actually read the thread properly before taking a rather patronising tone with me.

You seem to be getting awful upset about the fact that people are refusing to be yes men to you............

You aren't SDM in disguise are you?

Think the problem with him is some people think he is a great goal scorer. But he only scores at SPL level not at the highest level, also who would you rather have, a striker who scores 30 goals a season in the spl or a player who scores 18 but most of his goals are winners. ie 1-0 wins or 2-1 wins not the 3rd and 4th in 4-0 and 5-0 win. I think he would make a good player at Championship level no more. Also when I say spl I do not could of games.

But he only scores at SPL level not at the highest level

He hasnt been given the chance to prove himself at the highest level so to say he cant score is a nonsense. Another thing, and correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the SPL our MAIN objective ever year?

who would you rather have, a striker who scores 30 goals a season in the spl or a player who scores 18 but most of his goals are winners. ie 1-0 wins or 2-1 wins not the 3rd and 4th in 4-0 and 5-0 win.

What does this mean ? Are you trying to say that all or most of Boyds goals are meaningless? because if you are then you want to start watching another sports m8. If you were to take away all of Boyds goals since he has been at Rangers how many points would we have dropped?

• PB, DB and Papa don't like Boyd

• Boab doesn't particularly like Lee McCulloch

• Mad Cow hates Charlie Adam

• Nvager thinks our midfield is vastly over rated

• Davy rates Kevin Thomson and has done since we signed him.
These people I mentioned are expressing their opinion and I have no problem with that as thats what a message board is all about.

Again with regards to starting threads: so what if they are starting threads, it's a forum thats the whole point. I would be worried if their were no threads at all.

And on the subject of threads they are NOT hijacking threads, fair enough if it was random threads that they spun off topic than yes, but it isn't. They all make these points in the relevant threads.

And I never said you were an internet hardman and I would appreciate it if you actually read the thread properly before taking a rather patronising tone with me.

You seem to be getting awful upset about the fact that people are refusing to be yes men to you............

You aren't SDM in disguise are you?

na m8 i think YOU should read the thread properly you obviously havent if you think the internet hardman comment was directed at you,but anyhoo enjoy your "discussion"

na m8 i think YOU should read the thread properly you obviously havent if you think the internet hardman comment was directed at you,but anyhoo enjoy your "discussion"

You quoted a post that I put up and then started bleatiung on about the internet hardman comment that papa made.

That suggests that you think it wa sme who made it. Otherwise you would have quoted papa

:7996: