Kris Boyd dropped to the Bench!

If I was Boyd I would ask to be transfer listed.

What else does the guy have to do to prove himself?

Show us he can control a ball? :rolleyes:

so ud rather see him control the ball than score the goals we need and get already from him ?

hes scored what? around 17 in the last 17 games

control must be good enuf ?

17 goals in 17 games.

Lets see, this old stat being rolled out again.

3 against East Stirling, 2 against East Fife and at least 3 penalities.

It's not exactly the most impressive record of teams assasinated by Boydy!

As rfc_no1fan said, no Boyd and a 2-0 win equals cup final. And I can bet my bank balance (not much :P) he won't be in the starting XI come the final.

"3 against East Stirling, 2 against East Fife"

If Walter doesn’t play him in games against bigger teams then how can he possibly score against these teams? Fact of the matter is when he gets played he is scoring regardless of who we are playing.

“at least 3 penalties.â€

How many of Cousins goals were Peno’s? No one has mentioned a fair few of his goals this season have been from the spot. Darchville has even scored a Peno this season to increase his tally but the bottom line with a Pen, it still has to be scored does it not?

“As rfc_no1fan said, no Boyd and a 2-0 win equals cup final. And I can bet my bank balance (not much :P) he won't be in the starting XI come the final.â€

I can name a fair few results this season that have went against us and Boyd didn’t even get a game so what’s your point ?

Neither Thomson, Smith, Naismith or Beasley played a part in the Hearts game so does that mean we disregard them for future team selection as we are obviously winning without them ? No we don’t because that would be f.cking stupid wouldn’t it, come back when you have something intelligent to say.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“As rfc_no1fan said, no Boyd and a 2-0 win equals cup final. And I can bet my bank balance (not much :P) he won't be in the starting XI come the final.â€

I can name a fair few results this season that have went against us and Boyd didn’t even get a game so what’s your point ?

Neither Thomson, Smith, Naismith or Beasley played a part in the Hearts game so does that mean we disregard them for future team selection as we are obviously winning without them ? No we don’t because that would be f.cking stupid wouldn’t it, come back when you have something intelligent to say.

Mate, you're either intelligent and just sound like your thick, or you're thick and sound it.

All those players are a) injured and b) don't recieve the universal backing Boyd seems to recieve after another shitty performance.

Here's the stats you need.

Cousin - 14 SPL starts, 8 goals, 3 assists.

Boyd - 11 SPL starts, 4 goals, 0 assists.

Now I won't go and cry because you said I'm not intelligent, but you're so bias towards Boyd you're just making yourself sound silly.

Suppose you think Walter, who's got us from potential 3rd place and no silverware to top of the league and still going good guns in the 4 competitions is wrong to drop him? Do you know more than Walter as well?

Says it all when he plays McCulloch, a left sided midfielder by trade, in front of him in a semi final. But hey, you clearly know more than our management.

Mate, you're either intelligent and just sound like your thick, or you're thick and sound it.

All those players are a) injured and b) don't recieve the universal backing Boyd seems to recieve after another shitty performance.

Now I won't go and cry because you said I'm not intelligent, but you're so bias towards Boyd you're just making yourself sound silly.

Suppose you think Walter, who's got us from potential 3rd place and no silverware to top of the league and still going good guns in the 4 competitions is wrong to drop him? Do you know more than Walter as well?

Says it all when he plays McCulloch, a left sided midfielder by trade, in front of him in a semi final. But hey, you clearly know more than our management.

Injured or not I was making the point that just because we win a few games with certain players missing from the starting line up doesn’t mean we are a better side without them.

Where are you getting these stats from, are you making them up ?? Boyd has scored 8 league goals this season NOT 4, as for the assists i'm not sure many he has but did he not assist Whittakers goal against St Mirren ?? or am I wrong ??

As for the your comments about Walter taking us from a potential 3rd place, it was Boyd scoring over 50% of our goals at the end of last that had a major contribution to Smith being able to achieve this.

As for Boyd being left out of the semi final side, this on its own shows how much of a grudge Walter hold against Boyd, as it was Boyds goals that got us to the semi final. Without his goals in the previous rounds we might not have even been there !!

Injured or not I was making the point that just because we win a few games with certain players missing from the starting line up doesn’t mean we are a better side without them.

Where are you getting these stats from, are you making them up ?? Boyd has scored 8 league goals this season NOT 4, as for the assists i'm not sure many he has but did he not assist Whittakers goal against St Mirren ?? or am I wrong ??

As for the your comments about Walter taking us from a potential 3rd place, it was Boyd scoring over 50% of our goals at the end of last that had a major contribution to Smith being able to achieve this.

As for Boyd being left out of the semi final side, this on its own shows how much of a grudge Walter hold against Boyd, as it was Boyds goals that got us to the semi final. Without his goals in the previous rounds we might not have even been there !!

I can't be bothered arguing about Boyd any more PB.

You're defo not wrong for having an opnion, we just both agree to disagree on this one. You're not thick, you make your point well but I just don't fancy him.

I should stop posting in anti-KB threads man :craphead:

I dont understand why Boyd doesnt get a game. He wasn't brought in as a player who was gonna dribble, chase and tackle, he was brought in to put the ball in the net and he has more than proved that.

To the guy talking about chances missed, you cant pick that up from training. You could train for months and still miss chances, its a run of games that gets the sharpness infront of goal.

We beat hearts and as far as im concerned we only had 9 men on the park. Charlie Adam and Lee Mcculloch were a total waste. Totally non existant, or in adams case one good effort then more often than not actually made it more difficult for us.

I listened to Ian Wright on TalkSport the other day, someone was talking abut a striker & said (paraphrasing here) "who cares what he does outside the box, as long as he sticks them away", Ian Wright then chastised the guy saying that there is a lot more to the modern strikers game than just scoring .... it's all about chasing the ball down, pressing the defenders, holding the ball up & bringing others into play AS WELL as scoring goals.

I immediately thought of Boyd, i was a guy who thought similarly to the caller but i have to agree with Wright-y & while i am sure Boyd can score, i am not sure about the rest of the job.

add in all the goals that boyd has scored while comming on as a sub? many of them in the last 10minutes

whats that? 13 goals or near that?

I listened to Ian Wright on TalkSport the other day, someone was talking abut a striker & said (paraphrasing here) "who cares what he does outside the box, as long as he sticks them away", Ian Wright then chastised the guy saying that there is a lot more to the modern strikers game than just scoring .... it's all about chasing the ball down, pressing the defenders, holding the ball up & bringing others into play AS WELL as scoring goals.

I immediately thought of Boyd, i was a guy who thought similarly to the caller but i have to agree with Wright-y & while i am sure Boyd can score, i am not sure about the rest of the job.

Ace Wrighty is bang on,On what he said about a Modern Striker... but your fallen on Deaf ears if your trying to Convince some Bears on Why he gets Dropped to the bench!

At the End of the Day all some fans are bothered with is that he's one of us!!! <cr>

Boyd spends most of the time on the bench as some of the management don't rate him, he doesn't fit into our tactics, at times he isn't good enough and he doesn't seem bothered about working and improving his all round game.

Boyd spends most of the time on the bench as some of the management don't rate him, he doesn't fit into our tactics, at times he isn't good enough and he doesn't seem bothered about working and improving his all round game.

Ok hypothetically speaking if Boyd was to put his head down and work much harder in training (assuming he isn’t already) and starts to concentrate on improving his fitness. If was he was then to improve his all round play, i.e. chasing lost causes, running into channels, linking better with players around him etc etc.

If he was to do all of this and he showed that his “overall game†had improved BUT his goals started to dry up would he be dropped to the bench or would he be in the starting line up every week?

• 2 weeks later...
After 4 goals in 2 games he's on the bench he must be pissed off!

3 of those goals were against Dustbins FC

give it a by with the f**kin abuse about his goals, goals are goals who realy cares who its against?

wouldnt be that if you were the one to score against a shitty team would it ?

Alot of killie fans used to say boydy would steal points for them that really didnt deserve. I can think of more than a few times where he did that for Rangers, I think he's alot more useful than people make him out to be.

If football was an individual sport, Kris Boyd would be awesome

However, Its a team sport and Boyd isnt a team player

Aye our team was superb without Boyd the night wish we could play like that every game. 0-0 draws at home are the way forward we will win loads of trophies doing that.

walter is an idiot imo,he just cant see that boyd could be banging the goals in for us every week with burke and naismith supplying him,fuck this 4-5-1 pish,its getting beyond a joke,against spl teams and pish like pana we should be going for wins in every game,im sure walter sets them out to draw and if they score its a bonus,i just cant see his way of thinking :(

On evidence of him being up front McCulloch is not a striker and its a disgrace a player who doesn't want to be here came on over Boyd who despite not being a perfect player DOES want to play for Glasgow Rangers.

So you would play a player who wants to be here over someone who doesn't, regardless of ability?

And how do we know he doesn't want to be here? He may prefer to be in another league, but that doesn't mean that he isn't enjoying his time at Rangers.

On evidence of him being up front McCulloch is not a striker and its a disgrace a player who doesn't want to be here came on over Boyd who despite not being a perfect player DOES want to play for Glasgow Rangers.

So you would play a player who wants to be here over someone who doesn't, regardless of ability?

Well personally i rate them basicly the same, but thats is a matter of opinion. But i really don't see how Cousin can be commited to the cause after he actually trained with another club.