Rangers Can Have Webster For £150,000

ricksen_da_best

Looks to be Signing tommorw according to the Evening times..

No, Webster owes Hearts £150,000

Then we have to pay Wigan for his services. I think that will be more than £150,000

Nop..

think wigan have just said we can have him if we pay the compensation?

RANGERS will have to pay just £150,000 to make Andy Webster's loan move from Wigan permanent.

The Court of Arbitration in Switzerland today ordered Webster to pay that sum to Hearts in compensation for breaking his contract to join the English club in 2006.

Last year, Fifa ordered Webster to pay £650,000. Wigan appealed on the grounds it was too much; Hearts appealed it wasn't enough, and demanded £4m.

Today the Court of Arbitration ruled in favour of the player who, because of injury, has had just one game since joining Rangers on loan from Wigan a year ago.

Hearts are reeling, and the groundbreaking Webster Rule - Fifa Article 17, which allows players to serve a year's notice on clubs when their contracts are up - could now have huge ramifications for player-power.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...ers_150_000.php

if its just £150k for a permanent move to us - then what a bargain (ok - if he ever gets fit)

hearts would have charged us millions to sell direct - and he is a potential big money player if he sorts himself out

if its just £150k for a permanent move to us - then what a bargain (ok - if he ever gets fit)

hearts would have charged us millions to sell direct - and he is a potential big money player if he sorts himself out

This could be the bargain of the century if he gets fit. He can be very good indeed IF FIT.

and the groundbreaking Webster Rule - Fifa Article 17,

Well..if he's not going to be famous for playing football, atleast he has something named after himself (tu)

:lol: :lol: :lol: how true

suprised nobody has asked this yet but when is he available for selection again?

Then we have to pay Wigan for his services. I think that will be more than £150,000

Nop..

if he gets fit an stays that way then wev got oursels a bargain

Nop..

Isn't it Webster who has to pay the compensation?

Nop..

Im sure it is Briton.

Nop..

Im sure it is Briton.

He'll have to take out a Provy loan.

By the letter of the law, Webster has to pay Hearts the compensation but it doesn't say anything about clubs giving him the money to pay the compensation. I believe Wigan were originally going to go halfers on it with him.