This Davis kid

baxtersbigtoe

I've watched just about all of his appearances for Fulham this year, and to be honest he has been terrible. He is a box to box central midfielder, who struggled to tackle, pass accurately, or shoot in the same county as the goal. Davis was repeatedly caught in possession, pushed off the ball, and made poor passes that put pressure on the defense. Hopefully the lower standard of play in the SPL will help him.

It didn't help that he was playing a slightly more defensive position than he did for NI, and Fulham's tactics didn't really suit him. Also, outside of Clint Dempsey and Simon Davies the players around him at Fulham did him no favors. He is still promising, and very young. With the return of Jimmy Bullard, Danny Murphy, Smertin, the purchase of Weder Bremen's Andreasen and Dempsey dropping back into his natural attacking midfield role along with Bouzza, Davies, Volz, and Seoul Ki-Hyeon outwide, Steven Davis was unlikely to get a game this spring for the Cottagers.

Hopefully, he contributes, but based on his form this season, I'm not expecting much at all.

Watched him with Villa last season and was surprised he was sent to Fulham..looked a right good player.

Heard he was a bluenose too which makes it better...

As for Robson...decent player in a below average side,like Hartley he will be found out at this level.

top NI player.

although i dont watch NI, i know he is main man.

i remember last season he ruled villa midfield and scored loads in EPL.

he is quality

he's been pish for fulham when he's managed to get a game, which does'nt bode well IMO.

He's played 25 games for Fulham this season, that must be nearly every game, you make out like he struggled to get in the team.

I've watched just about all of his appearances for Fulham this year, and to be honest he has been terrible. He is a box to box central midfielder, who struggled to tackle, pass accurately, or shoot in the same county as the goal. Davis was repeatedly caught in possession, pushed off the ball, and made poor passes that put pressure on the defense. Hopefully the lower standard of play in the SPL will help him.

It didn't help that he was playing a slightly more defensive position than he did for NI, and Fulham's tactics didn't really suit him. Also, outside of Clint Dempsey and Simon Davies the players around him at Fulham did him no favors. He is still promising, and very young. With the return of Jimmy Bullard, Danny Murphy, Smertin, the purchase of Weder Bremen's Andreasen and Dempsey dropping back into his natural attacking midfield role along with Bouzza, Davies, Volz, and Seoul Ki-Hyeon outwide, Steven Davis was unlikely to get a game this spring for the Cottagers.

Hopefully, he contributes, but based on his form this season, I'm not expecting much at all.

It must be hard to shine with that pile of pish around you though.

He's an attacking midfield player, who has also played on the left for Northern Ireland, he played there against Spain and had a really good game! He was very highly rated at Villa, but not by O'Neill :craphead: . He has been a mainstay in the NI team for 2 years and has scored once for NI that I can remember, against Wales.

Surely Martin O'Neill didn't drop him purely because he was a Rangers supporting, Protestant, fellow Northern Irishman? :D

Had one of the guys from our Brum' office here this week - he is a season ticket holder at Villa Park - he tells me the Villa fans were gutted when O'Squeal let him go. He thinks it will be a great signing - aggressive attacking midfielder. He also tells me he would much rather see him in the team than Petrov. Hope he lives up to the billing - "Welcome back to your family"!!!!

Great signing, big rangers fan = total commitment so thats a bonus. Hasnt been on form this season but name me anyone at fulham who has? Is a bit like scott brown only likeable. Bags of energy, an eye for goal and great experience. Real solid performer . Good addition.