If We Win The League....

BargeddieBear

I think he will stay on whatever happens. It also seems inevitable that M'coist and Durrant will be the next Management team along with M'dowell. Walter seems to have a lot of time for Durrant and you see them sitting together at Ibrox a lot, it appears that this is Walter grooming him for his next role. I think we are in safe hands no matter what happens.

Do You Think Walter Will Stay On Or Go Upstairs?? And If "They" Somehow Manage To Win It Then Will He Leave And Let Ally Take Over?

I believe he will stay at least a couple more years. You can't jump out of the picture too fast I don't think, especially after success.

What do you mean "if"? doh

Walter won't step upstairs this season when we win the title, or next. McCoist lacks the experience.

It is if and whatever happens I'd be surprised if he's not our manager next season. I do hope he doesn't ever 'go upstairs'. I don't like those situations.

If the plan is for Ally and or Durrant to be next they should be managing Clubs elsewhere just now imo.

I understand your point, and yes it would be what you would normally expect, but if your learning from someone like Walter Smith and you are there day in day out like Coisty and Durrant are why would you need to manage another club?

E.g. if you're working for a company and the person above you leaves wouldn't you be in line for a promotion if you met the required standard? Might not be the best example but it's all I can think of at the moment.