Brian Laudrup

sneddon

sorry if this is a repost guys

i purchased the magazine (March 2008 Edition) and was browsing through and got to the section called "My Perfect XI" this month being selected by The Prince of Denmark, Mr Brian Laudrup

GK Peter Schmeichel

RB Stefan Reuter

CB Richard Gough

CB Franco Baresi

LB Paolo Maldini

RM Paul Gascoigne

DM Marcel Desailly

LM Stefan Effenburg

AM Michael Laudrup

FW Gabriel Batistuta

FW Gianfranco Zola

Subs

Andy Goram

Jurgen Kohler

Dejan Savicevic

Mark Hateley

Manager

Walter Smith

of the Gers players included he said this

Richard Gough "A true leader and real warrior, who led by example and looked after his team mates. Also a great finisher from set piecesbecause he really attacked the ball. He scored a lot, and had the bruises and scars to prove it. The most professional player i ever met, which gave him a long career"

Paul Gascoigne "I played with him at Rangers and in his prime he was one of the best players in the world. He glided with the ball in a way that made him virtually untouchable for opponents and he was a match-winner, who had great technique when striking the ball. He was also a great entertainer - on and off the pitch! a tremendous natural talent"

Andy Goram "A sublime keeper, who had quick reflexes. A great motivator who was always at his best for big games"

Mark Hateley "A classic British striker - i had a brilliant partership with him. Great heading, a good left foot and impossible to stop. typically, he would play the ball to me, id break down the wing and find him in front of goal, a great recipe"

Walter Smith "I have had many good managers but Walters man-management was incredible, he was the type of manager you wanter to play for. He had several big egos, like Ally McCoist and Gazza in one team, but still managed to hold everything together"

:rangers:

I sometimes think we forget how spoiled we were for years after Souness arrived.

Butcher,Woods,Roberts,Durrant,Gazza,Laudrup,Hately,Gough,Stevens,Steven,Munroe,M

Coist,McCall and Durie and the list goes on....we took it for granted for years.

It's incredible that half of that side were regulars in the England team ... what would that cost to replicate now!

A stupid amount, and that team from back then is 5 times as good, because they played for the country rather than the wad of cash waiting for them at the end of it.

I never ever tire of watching those old Rangers games