Celtic complain about Fir Park Pitch

Apparently they have complained about the pitch, claiming "grave reservations" and concerns for fans travelling.

Chick Young suggests that they are trying to get 2 extra home matches, which would help Gretna's finances.

After bottling the New Year game, we need not be surprised.

They continue to run scared.

I can see how the pitch being a right state affects the safety of the fans <cr>

Like I said in another thread, if fir park is too shite then let gretna use ibrox for their game against the tims - reduce prices and we will fill it up to support them against the tims giving gretna a much needed cash boost and a home game with some fans

I posted this quote from the BBC in another thread, which shows exactly what they are up to:

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell said: "I applaud everything John Boyle had to say on Sportsound.

"I have to express my concern for the way Celtic fans have been treated in terms of Fir Park although I do have every sympathy for Gretna.

"Celtic welcome the decision to play the match next Sunday at any SPL approved ground and we are happy to offer Celtic Park. But the priority is to get the game played."

But the following quote from Bain has been added to the report, which I am mighty glad to see:

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain said the "sensible solution" was to play Motherwell and Gretna's games at Hampden.

"I've heard suggestions of the Motherwell home fixtures against the Old Firm being played at Ibrox and Celtic Park but that is something we would resist.

"I don't think it is right to take advantage of the disadvantaged."

Well done Mr Bain, letting them know they've been rumbled for what they are: vultures masquerading as mourners.

I posted this quote from the BBC in another thread, which shows exactly what they are up to:

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell said: "I applaud everything John Boyle had to say on Sportsound.

"I have to express my concern for the way Celtic fans have been treated in terms of Fir Park although I do have every sympathy for Gretna.

"Celtic welcome the decision to play the match next Sunday at any SPL approved ground and we are happy to offer Celtic Park. But the priority is to get the game played."

But the following quote from Bain has been added to the report, which I am mighty glad to see:

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain said the "sensible solution" was to play Motherwell and Gretna's games at Hampden.

"I've heard suggestions of the Motherwell home fixtures against the Old Firm being played at Ibrox and Celtic Park but that is something we would resist.

Well done Mr Bain, letting them know they've been rumbled for what they are: vultures mascarading as mourners.

"happy to offer celtic park" Aye sure i wonder why that. I understand if they want to move games as fir park has become a joke but under no circumstances should any team be given an unfair advantage by having to play an away game at home. I bet if it did move to celtic park the place would be full of tims despite it being an "away" game. Dont like martin bain but credit where its due hes sticking up for us over this issue and hes absolutely right to.

Well done Mr Bain, letting them know they've been rumbled for what they are: vultures mascarading as mourners.

"happy to offer celtic park" Aye sure i wonder why that. I understand if they want to move games as fir park has become a joke but under no circumstances should any team be given an unfair advantage by having to play an away game at home. I bet if it did move to celtic park the place would be full of tims despite it being an "away" game. Dont like martin bain but credit where its due hes sticking up for us over this issue and hes absolutely right to.

good Mr Bain...cant let Celtic get away withthat suggestion...what a nerve they have got for even suggesting it

Well done Mr Bain, letting them know they've been rumbled for what they are: vultures masquerading as mourners.

Bain 1 Liewell 0