Alex McLeish

LucyBlue

Eck's a good bear who did his best in a bad period for Rangers.

If he gets blame for the bad times he must get credit for the good/ great times like Helicopter Sunday and being the first ever Scottish team (yes timmy, we were first) to qualify from a Group in any tournament...

I wish him nothing but good fortune.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets blame for the bad times he must get credit for the good/ great times like Helicopter Sunday and being the first ever Scottish team (yes timmy, we were first) to qualify from a Group in any tournament...

He also conducted himself but nothing but dignity the whole time he was manager.

I wish him all the best (tu)

He also conducted himself but nothing but dignity the whole time he was manager.

Nothing but dignity? hows about the CL victory(can't remember against who)that he dedicated to the pro McLeish fans.? :unsure:

Nothing but dignity? hows about the CL victory(can't remember against who)that he dedicated to the pro McLeish fans.? :unsure:

What?

I was a big fan of Eck, I liked his organised style of football. I always felt sorry for him because he never had the money Dick had, and never really had the chance to earn the respect Walter got.

He done well with his resources.

I was fearful when he took over Scotland, but done very very well.

I disliked Birmingham before, but now want him to succeed with them.

What?

After a European victory, when his future was in the ballance,at an post game interview he said : "that win was for the Ranger fans who backed me"or words to that effect.I heard it myself on Clyde(I think).

What?

After a European victory, when his future was in the ballance,at an post game interview he said : "that win was for the Ranger fans who backed me"or words to that effect.I heard it myself on Clyde(I think).

You heard it yourself on Clyde.......You think?

Ive no idea what you are talking about!

Do you have a link?

i like him, he was good for us with the tools he had.

TOOLS! are you referring to the players he had at his disposal"? :unsure:

Hey pb, you havn't called Eck your favourite name yet :craphead:

It's been so long,I've forgotten JA. Wait a minute it's coming back "The Ginger Genius" eh? :lol:

You think you heard it yourself?

Or you think it was on RC?

Or you think it was Eck?

WTF sort of a post is that :unsure:

And even if it was Eck.

And it was RC.

What exactly is your point?

A wee video could make capucho look good!

McLeish will be both in peoples eyes, in mine, he wasn't anything special, and at times awful. And his personality makes me dislike him more.

Cheers for the trophys - enjoy the championship (tu)

What a fucking stupid attitude.

Big Eck gave us what must probably be the most satisfying and unexpected glory in our history, and he did it with a team worth next to nothing.

As for his personality, I guarantee he has more friends and admirers than you. Fucking numpty. doh

I was a big fan of Eck, I liked his organised style of football. I always felt sorry for him because he never had the money Dick had, and never really had the chance to earn the respect Walter got.

He done well with his resources.

I was fearful when he took over Scotland, but done very very well.

I disliked Birmingham before, but now want him to succeed with them.

I agree, he done well with us but did also make some very bad decisions with us too. Tried too hard at times. Always love him for the Old Firm Final, 3-2 and Helicopter Sunday though.

As for Scotland, I was glad he left. He believed his own hype and wasn't good enough in my eyes after reflecting on some of his decisions. Burley is much better.

So it's the job that bothers you?

It took courage for McLiesh to leave the comfort of the Scotland job and take over at a struggling EPL club.

No, courage would have been Newcastle. Courage would have been Spurs. Not a basement side who will pay him handsomely and won't expect the world from him.

Comfort of the Scotland job? You mean that rather lowly paid but highly respected position where failure is chastised and success is revered?

Courage is STAYING in the Scotland job unless there is an exceptional circumstance.

I wish him all the best

I don't.

Sad and uninformed post as usual.

Oh well, some things never change. :craphead:

You think you heard it yourself?

Or you think it was on RC?

Or you think it was Eck?

WTF sort of a post is that :unsure:

And even if it was Eck.

And it was RC.

What exactly is your point?

My point is, that he may not be as great a guy as some of you guy's figure he is.I wasn't sure if were Clyde,but he did remark after a Euro victory,that this

one is for the fans who are behind him.

It took courage for McLiesh to leave the comfort of the Scotland job and take over at a struggling EPL club.

No, courage would have been Newcastle. Courage would have been Spurs. Not a basement side who will pay him handsomely and won't expect the world from him.

Comfort of the Scotland job? You mean that rather lowly paid but highly respected position where failure is chastised and success is revered?

Courage is STAYING in the Scotland job unless there is an exceptional circumstance.

I think this post males alot of sense, we would be ignorant to think that McLeish picked a demanding job... There are no expectations at Birmingham as long as they don't get beat too badly week in week out their support are happy, if McLeish as brave he'd have waited for a job that was al ittle more demanding and not just an easy pay day.

I think this post males alot of sense, we would be ignorant to think that McLeish picked a demanding job... There are no expectations at Birmingham as long as they don't get beat too badly week in week out their support are happy, if McLeish as brave he'd have waited for a job that was al ittle more demanding and not just an easy pay day.

Bollocks.

McLeish took a highly paid job in the premiership. Why wait? He's got a family hasn't he. Surely he's allowed to go for a bigger pay deal. doh

No expectations? How about trying to keep Birmingham in the premiership? doh

Bollocks.

McLeish took a highly paid job in the premiership. Why wait? He's got a family hasn't he. Surely he's allowed to go for a bigger pay deal. doh

Keeping a team like Birmingham in the premiership is not an expectation but morer like a pipe dream that the fans cling on to, If they were to get relegated most fans would not be surprised or even call for McLeish's head as they know their place in the grand scheme that is English football. I still think that a bigger team would have snapped him up if he continued the good work with Scotland doh. The bottom line is that McLeish is managing a mediocre side that will never achieve anything of great stature within the english domestic leagues. Its not a criticism... it's fact doh

Keeping a team like Birmingham in the premiership is not an expectation but morer like a pipe dream that the fans cling on to, If they were to get relegated most fans would not be surprised or even call for McLeish's head as they know their place in the grand scheme that is English football. I still think that a bigger team would have snapped him up if he continued the good work with Scotland doh. The bottom line is that McLeish is managing a mediocre side that will never achieve anything of great stature within the english domestic leagues. Its not a criticism... it's fact doh

I agree wholeheartedly, he should have done the decent thing and kept his position at Hampden until Sir Awex stepped down.

Have you listened to yourself?

The Birmingham fans don't expect much?

They demand the best from their team just as we do, EPL survival is the minimum they demand FFS

Bollocks.

But think of the reputation he would have if he kept them up. doh