Greatest sports person

Who do people feel is the greatest stports person out there?

Ronaldo is argubly the greatst footballer, Ferderer best tennis player, but overall who's the best?

For me its simply got to be Tiger Woods. No one is even close in my books.

Going into the final day of a tournament, if he's leading, he has NEVER lost. Incredible.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance Armstrong. To come back from cancer with limited odds and to go on and win the Tour de France a record 7 times in a row is remarkable. Tiger is good but at the end of the day he hits a ball 200 yards, walks after it, puts it in a hole and moves on but to complete arguebly the most gruelling event in sport with what appeard to be the minimum of ease for Lance Armstrong makes him th best IMO

Lance Armstrong. To come back from cancer with limited odds and to go on and win the Tour de France a record 7 times in a row is remarkable. Tiger is good but at the end of the day he hits a ball 200 yards, walks after it, puts it in a hole and moves on but to complete arguebly the most gruelling event in sport with what appeard to be the minimum of ease for Lance Armstrong makes him th best IMO

Lance Armstrong is a drugs cheat. :rolleyes:

If you read his book he is totally innocent. People keep trying to put him down by saying he used drugs but after what seems like millions of tests over the years why has he not been found guilty?

Valentino Rossi is up there, champion thru 125's, 250's and 5 times MotoGP champion (if memory serves me well)

Also test driven for Ferrari F1, where he was lapping quicker than some of the big guns of F1, and even competed in Rally events, sure he did a rally with Colin McRae as his co-driver at one point.

Valentino Rossi is up there, champion thru 125's, 250's and 5 times MotoGP champion (if memory serves me well)

Also test driven for Ferrari F1, where he was lapping quicker than some of the big guns of F1, and even competed in Rally events, sure he did a rally with Colin McRae as his co-driver at one point.

Valentino Rossi is no more a "sportsman" than i am. Swap Ferrari for Ducato & you'd never tell us apart.

Lewis Hamilton.

:craphead:

Best out there right now in any sport?

I can't really see past Woods. So to speak.

First sportsman to be worth a billion.

Well on his way to overcoming Nicklaus' 18 majors. 13 he's at. And only 31 years of age.

Aside losing his father, Woods truly is living the dream - maybe the most recognisable sportsman on earth, and definitely the richest.

If it hadn't been for Woods, Monty WOULD have won a major by now.

Valentino Rossi is no more a "sportsman" than i am. Swap Ferrari for Ducato & you'd never tell us apart.

Em...right.

stop taking the piss WVB.

Let people say their point of view.

If you wish to reply, do so decently.

:ohmy: Seriously Coops, i cant regard driving a car as "sport".

I'm a driver too & i change my own wheels & put my own fuel in. Thats what i'm getting at.

I'm a driver too & i change my own wheels & put my own fuel in. Thats what i'm getting at.

fair enough, to me sport is physical skill of excertion, I agree.

Define sport.

first post seems to refer to people currently playing, so I have to say Tiger Woods.

Of all time, I might say Michael Jordan. Quite aside from the success he enjoyed, he also completely redefined what people thought was humanly possible in basketball with his acrobatics. I can think of few other athletes who permanently changed the way their sport was played.

Define sport.

I don't think i could Danny, there would always be differing opinions.

Driving is a skill, and it F1 does require a high fitness level, but by the same token, you've got to be fit to be an astronaut & thats not regarded as sport, is it?

If a driver is allowed to use a jet engine & still be called a sportsman, i dont see much difference with the Ben Johnson scenario.

Its not something that i'd get worked up about, if you want to say i'm wrong, i'll not argue.