Kevin Thomson

SuperRangers

Even after McCulloch, Dailly and Ferguson pull out of the Scotland squad, Thomson still doesn't recieve a call-up. Instead George Burley calls-up Gavin Rae :lol:

And you wonder why some people hate international football.

Burley should be buliding a side around Hutton and Thomson.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the praise for Thomson.

Thomson before his injury was playing very well and resumed that kind of form on Saturday. Surprised he's not been named in the Scotland squad based on his form this season but I guess his injury will have affected that decision. Would have been handy for us for him to get another 45 mins in midweek. ;)

A creative player is certainly required - maybe even two. Ferguson has been below par for far too long now, Davis doesn't really do his best work further forward (he's more like a younger Fergie) and the likes of Burke, Beasley and McCulloch are all too inconsistent to rely on to provide genuine quality.

This kind of player won't be cheap but if we're spending around £10million again, then we should be looking to go for at least £3-4million on such a player - gamble or not.

Unless we can pick one up on a bosman.

Indeed.

I think the better ones of these may not have the SPL as their first choice unfortunately. JAB was definitely the exception to the rule though cost/reputation doesn't always mean success of course... ;)

£3million + for Davis, £3-4million for a creative midfielder, we also need a quality CB and a ST at the very least. We'll need more that £10million. I think that's just a quote from the mhedia, no-one bar Murray, Bain and Walter will know how much we have to spend. I'd certainly be looking at spending more as we need quite a few quality players in numerous positions. No more mediocre pish.

£3million + for Davis, £3-4million for a creative midfielder, we also need a quality CB and a ST at the very least. We'll need more that £10million. I think that's just a quote from the mhedia, no-one bar Murray, Bain and Walter will know how much we have to spend. I'd certainly be looking at spending more as we need quite a few quality players in numerous positions. No more mediocre pish.

We can only spend as much as we can afford as such I think our budget will depend on winning the title.

Win it and we're automatically in the CL group stages so we may spend £15million. Don't win it then we have at least one qualifying match meaning the budget will drop unless we manage to qualify.

Also may depend on the Cousin transfer happening or not as well as JCD's fitness and Davis' decision on his future.

What about the Hutton money, the money we've made from Europe this season, the money Smith had in January but never spent a penny. The possibility of numerous players leaving in the summer?

What about the Hutton money, the money we've made from Europe this season, the money Smith had in January but never spent a penny. The possibility of numerous players leaving in the summer?

Any profit we make is wholly dependent on our CL participation (as shown in previous seasons). Even then it is minimal.

Last year our debt was around -£16.5million. We spent around £12million last year on transfers. That takes us to around -£30million of debt. Add in our CL/UEFA run this year (say around £12million) and the Hutton/Cousin transfers (say around £12million) then that takes us back to around £6million of debt.

That's the kind of manageable figure the club want.

As such if we spend around £10million in the summer - again offset by our CL participation next season - that means that level can be maintained.

To spend any more is risky and our board will not do that given the criticism we gave them for overspending the last time.

:)

Even after McCulloch, Dailly and Ferguson pull out of the Scotland squad, Thomson still doesn't recieve a call-up. Instead George Burley calls-up Gavin Rae :lol:

And you wonder why some people hate international football.

Burley should be buliding a side around Hutton and Thomson.

if burley did call up thomson people would be moaning at him for calling up a player who has recently returned from injury before an important old firm game. thomson will be a key feature in the wc qualifiers, no chance shite like rae will get near the squad then.

I thought we have made around £18million from our European run this season?

The figure varies from source to source but generally the numbers quoted in the media are usually inflated.

I'd say £12million is a conservatively fair estimate.

Like I say, this season is exceptional in the money we received for Hutton. That's not going to happen year after year so while we gambled this season by spending £12million last summer, we may not be able to do that year after year based on our usual finances.

if burley did call up thomson people would be moaning at him for calling up a player who has recently returned from injury before an important old firm game. thomson will be a key feature in the wc qualifiers, no chance shite like rae will get near the squad then.

Almost exactly what I was about to say. Get out of my brain :idiot:

How much are they charging for this friendly?

too fuckin much. north (where im sitting) and south stand are 25 quid, west stand is 22 quid and east stand is £15. those prices are only a couple quid cheaper than what the euro qualifiers were.

too fuckin much. north (where im sitting) and south stand are 25 quid, west stand is 22 quid and east stand is £15. those prices are only a couple quid cheaper than what the euro qualifiers were.

A tenner a head , and they would have filled the stadium , i think it will only be half full at those prices

A tenner a head , and they would have filled the stadium , i think it will only be half full at those prices

exactly. i think only 25,000 tickets have been sold so far which is pretty pathetic, especially since its burleys first game...wheres all those who wanted to go to the italy game last year :rolleyes: . but you know what the sfa are like.

exactly. i think only 25,000 tickets have been sold so far which is pretty pathetic, especially since its burleys first game...wheres all those who wanted to go to the italy game last year :rolleyes: . but you know what the sfa are like.

would that be " money grabbing b*stards that do not care about football supporters "

(tu)

would that be " money grabbing b*stards that do not care about football supporters "

(tu)

reckon i might complain about the price, see if it is possible to get anything free out of that lot :craphead:

I think he'll be the next to leave for the Premiership.

Aw man don't say that!!! I would be on such a downer if we let go of Thommo, hes a fantastic midfielder