£700m plans on schedule

lerxst

Tell me why a Training Ground is an asset to a club.

Someone spell it out.

Definitions of asset on the Web:

Anything a person, company, or group owns or is owed, including money, investments and property.

In business and accounting an asset is any economic resource controlled by an entity as a result of past transactions or events and from which future economic benefits may be obtained. Examples include cash, equipment, buildings, and land.

It's really basic!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone spell it out.

Anything a person, company, or group owns or is owed, including money, investments and property.

In business and accounting an asset is any economic resource controlled by an entity as a result of past transactions or events and from which future economic benefits may be obtained. Examples include cash, equipment, buildings, and land.

It's really basic!

LOL so basic you cant explain it.

Someone spell it out.

It's really basic!

:D

Someone spell it out.

Id hazard a guess at because it premises belonging to the club...it therefore has a sell on value...so its an asset.

There is the naivity again and financial wizzkids coming out the woodwork.

Tell me, if something cost £12m to build and £1m a year to maintain and you kept it for 20 years before selling it, how much would it have cost you?

£22m.

Now, if we don't recoup £20m when we sell it is it an ASSET or is it in fact NEGATIVE EQUITY?

Tell me tell me.

Someone spell it out.

It's really basic!

LOL so basic you cant explain it.

He did, mate. Reread his post carefully. The answer is in there.

just thinking moonbeams has been on about this for a while now, but i see he is on about outline planning permission and you know how long it takes to planning permission and i think there will be plenty of obstacles to overcome if the earl haigs on glasgow council have their way.

Someone spell it out.

Id hazard a guess at because it premises belonging to the club...it therefore has a sell on value...so its an asset.

Do the premises belong to The Club?

Someone spell it out.

Tell me, if something cost £12m to build and £1m a year to maintain and you kept it for 20 years before selling it, how much would it have cost you?

£22m.

Now, if we don't recoup £20m when we sell it is it an ASSET or is it in fact NEGATIVE EQUITY?

Tell me tell me.

But its not 20 years. Its now. Its an asset.

It's not an asset. It costs us £1m a year to run.

So a house that costs £5000 a year in mortgage payments is an asset then?

Someone spell it out.

Excellent point... I think many will be surprised at the answer.

why not give it to his company?

doing us a favour making it bigger and nicer, whilst helping out his other companys.

everyones gotta make a living :D

i cant see the floating pitch thing going ahead though....

It's the constant use of Rangers Football Club to financially help his other businesses that is the problem.

He did it with the Club Deck.

He'll do it with the new stadium development.

He did it with the catering.

He did it with the Ticket Office.

The list goes on.

He's thinking along the lines of "I can't make money from the business side of Rangers Football Club, so I will take various income streams from the Club, feed them into my other businesses as a result"

It's shocking ethics and asset stripping our club to better shape the finances of his other companies... and his own dividends into the bargain.

If I owned Rangers and also owned business that had things that Rangers needed your dammed right I would be using my other companies to supply things that Rangers need. The stuff has to be bought somewhere. I am dammed sure that anyone here that owned a couple of companies would be buying from themselves first.

Someone spell it out.

£22m.

Tell me tell me.

but in that 1mill ur counting wages from staff etc, i mean the pitches would still hold a value if they wernt maintained its still land at the end of the day. I want to know whats in that 1 mill ayear its deffo not building maintanence is it?

Someone spell it out.

yes, they do.

£22m.

Tell me tell me.

You're pulling our legs.

Obviously you don't know anything about finance so don't argue and defend it, what you're saying isn't an opinion; it's a denial of fact which is making you look rather silly.

Someone spell it out.

Excellent point... I think many will be surprised at the answer.

I'm guessing you don't have it.

Someone spell it out.

£22m.

Tell me tell me.

The value of the ground is increasing and it has resale ability therefore it is an asset.

Further on the books for accounting purposes it will have a depreciation factor of the equipment etc in the training facility again making it an asset.

Someone spell it out.

Not sure in rangers case, but the question was why a training ground is an asset to a club.

No. Although I think the abstact idea of whether a training ground is an asset to a club is worthy of debate, surely on a Rangers message board the ownership of Murray park is much more relevant?

Otherwise move this to Debates....

Or general football, either way if it is a Rangers topic it should be about Murrray Park.

I have no knowledge of business myself, but doesn't the fact that Murray Park facilitates the production of youth players, such as Hutton, make it an asset?

An asset doesn't need to directly make you money.

An asset is very basic:

Land

Vehicles

Property

Murray Park is a property owned by Rangers fc PLC.

It has a value on the market.

I have no knowledge of business myself
You're not the only one on this thread. :D

but doesn't the fact that Murray Park facilitates the production of youth players, such as Hutton, make it an asset?

Yes, and the fact that we could sell it and make money.

I have no knowledge of business myself, but doesn't the fact that Murray Park facilitates the production of youth players, such as Hutton, make it an asset?

Only if these occurances are frequent and GUARANTEED. They are not frequent and they are far from guaranteed.

In my business i don't view the building I own as an asset because I don't ever plan to sell it and it costs me money to run and maintain.

I view assets as things that are true money makers in good financial climates. Things like contracts with other companies that guarantee me income. I look at the piece of paper with a signature on it with more favor than the building I own and is worth more than 100 times the value.

Why? Because the contract makes me money and the building costs me money. The building would only save my bacon should my business go bust.

Again, an asset is something that makes me money. Not something that costs me money.

I have no knowledge of business myself

You're not the only one on this thread. :D

but doesn't the fact that Murray Park facilitates the production of youth players, such as Hutton, make it an asset?

Yes, and the fact that we could sell it and make money.

Murray Park is a property owned by Rangers fc PLC.

Are you sure about that J?

I hope you're correct.

Yes, mate. It's in the accounts, and also the RST did a check a couple of years ago.

....although that doesn't mean that Murray doesn't have his eyes on it.

Murry park is a fixed asset for Rangers or SDM's holding companey who own and run Rangers.

Ibrox, Murry Park = Fixed Assets

Players, cash, Pie's and bovril = Liquid Assets

I think im at least from 1900 genartion suporter if that help.