£700m plans on schedule

lerxst

back onto the topic of the stadium development i cant wait to see the plans. I personally hope we redevelop ie fill in the corner, stick an extra tier onto stands etc rather than the knocking down 3 stands and totally rebuilding them but i suppose it depends which plan is best for us financially. Would be amazing to have a bigger stadium than that lot. They love the fact porkheid is bigger than ibrox and it would be great to be able to wind them up about it.

Just as long as we retain our 5 star stadium status, then that will suit me down to the ground!!

I also hope they keep the brick work as I think it makes Ibrox unique and it looks great.......I'm sure it was sourced ages ago they werre gonna keep it but im not sure

The Main stand brickwork will always stay in place. It's a listed building and IMHO the most marvelous and stunning Main stand in the World.

As for the Govan/Copland/Broomloan... the sooner those eyesores are knocked down the better. They remind me of some late 70's early 80's office buildings... which of course they are ;-)

I would be happy with knocking down the three stands and building three brand new, three tiered stands.

I would prefer if we sticked to the traditional 4 stand stadium instead of these new Tatty Bowl monstrosities that are being thrown up these days.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder which company will be selling the steel to Rangers for this project if it goes ahead?

Who would you suggest?

Judging on the Club Deck, I'll guess it will be another abomination from Murray International Metals.

Just a wee hunch I've got.

I wonder which company will be selling the steel to Rangers for this project if it goes ahead?

Who would you suggest?

Judging on the Club Deck, I'll guess it will be another abomination from Murray International Metals.

Are you suggesting that Murray will give it to MIM and make money for his other company?

Who would you suggest?

Are you suggesting that Murray will give it to MIM and make money for his other company?

Finally, you are catching on to the way Murray operates.

Rangers = Money Feed for his other companies.

Who would you suggest?

Anybody else bothered??? I would be worried if SDM didnt offer his services to Glasgow Rangers in the field that he is very successful in which is the steel industry!!

We need a bigger stadium so we need steel to build it, of course we should use SDM, Glasgow Rangers would be stupid not too!!

FFS he cant scratch his arse without being criticized!!

why not give it to his company?

doing us a favour making it bigger and nicer, whilst helping out his other companys.

everyones gotta make a living :D

i cant see the floating pitch thing going ahead though....

It's the constant use of Rangers Football Club to financially help his other businesses that is the problem.

He did it with the Club Deck.

He'll do it with the new stadium development.

He did it with the catering.

He did it with the Ticket Office.

The list goes on.

He's thinking along the lines of "I can't make money from the business side of Rangers Football Club, so I will take various income streams from the Club, feed them into my other businesses as a result"

It's shocking ethics and asset stripping our club to better shape the finances of his other companies... and his own dividends into the bargain.

doing us a favour making it bigger and nicer, whilst helping out his other companys.

It's the constant use of Rangers Football Club to financially help his other businesses that is the problem.

The list goes on.

He's thinking along the lines of "I can't make money from the business side of Rangers Football Club, so I will take various income streams from the Club, feed them into my other businesses as a result"

It's shocking ethics and asset stripping our club to better shape the finances of his other companies... and his own dividends into the bargain.

so what you're saying is we should give the job to some other steel company....

why?

i dont really mind if he uses his own company to rebuild the stadium tbh... atleast we know it will be done properly and not some timmy steel company.

The list goes on.

I dont get the asset stripping part, I mean we only have a 5 star stadium and a state of the art training ground which Rangers own especially with Murrary Park has he not added to our assets?

Who would you suggest?

Are you suggesting that this will be to Rangers' detriment?

The list goes on.

You'll be able to post evidence both of this being to the detriment of Rangers and that e could have attained better deals elsewhere.

I'm looking forward to seeing this, because I've heard the claims so often but never the actual evidence.

I'd be hoping for a bit more than £10million, especially if the likes of Cousin, Buffel, Hemdani....or whoever leaves?

Davis is a must and there is already £3million +.

We have to get real quality in this summer and we can't afford to waste £2million here and there like we have on Whittaker and McCulloch.

Quality is out there for the right price, you just have to have a look around.

The list goes on.

I dont get the asset stripping part, I mean we only have a 5 star stadium and a state of the art training ground which Rangers own especially with Murrary Park has he not added to our assets?

Assets are something that make you money on an ongoing basis or things that are worth something to a business.

The stadium could be viewed as an asset. But to the financially savvy, it wont be.

The training Ground could be an asset. Ditto the above.

REAL Assets to Football Clubs are:

- Players

- Fan base and spending

1. Players. He asset stripped all our decent players when he managed to riddle us with so much debt that we had to make do with average SPL players.

Our playing staff is lucky to be worth £15m.

2. Fan Base and Spending.

This is where we stand apart from the crowd. A massive fan base yet very little of what the fans spend actually goes to Rangers.

Catering: Huge income from match day catering. I'm not sure if my argument is still valid on the catering issue as I don't know whether or not Murray's company "Azure Catering" still does the match day catering or not.

BUT, they did at one point. So anything fans spent on matchday food and drinks INSIDE the ground went straight into "Azure Caterings" pocket and NOT Rangers Football Club's.

It probably still does.

Club Shops: Huge financial gain from running and having club shops. Sell them off to JJB to cover the financial ruin he managed to get us into. Sadly, he has managed to convince people that it was a move made to increase revenue! When it was clearly a move made to dig us out a financial hole.

Ticket Office: A once great ticket office is now a portakabin. The old ticket office is now a call center for one of Murrays companies. Although the TO is not an asset per se.

At the end of the day every club has a stadium and most have a training ground. Hence they are not really considered assets as they don't make us any money.

As it stands, we have no viable assets and the reason being is Murray has sold them all off to fix our finances in the short term so he can sell up and leave the naive clown who buys from him with the headache of fixing it.

The list goes on.

Assets are something that make you money on an ongoing basis or things that are worth something to a business.

The stadium could be viewed as an asset. But to the financially savvy, it wont be.

- Players

- Fan base and spending

1. Players. He asset stripped all our decent players when he managed to riddle us with so much debt that we had to make do with average SPL players.

This is where we stand apart from the crowd. A massive fan base yet very little of what the fans spend actually goes to Rangers.

Catering: Huge income from match day catering. I'm not sure if my argument is still valid on the catering issue as I don't know whether or not Murray's company "Azure Catering" still does the match day catering or not.

BUT, they did at one point. So anything fans spent on matchday food and drinks INSIDE the ground went straight into "Azure Caterings" pocket and NOT Rangers Football Club's.

It probably still does.

Club Shops: Huge financial gain from running and having club shops. Sell them off to JJB to cover the financial ruin he managed to get us into. Sadly, he has managed to convince people that it was a move made to increase revenue! When it was clearly a move made to dig us out a financial hole.

Ticket Office: A once great ticket office is now a portakabin. The old ticket office is now a call center for one of Murrays companies. Although the TO is not an asset per se.

At the end of the day every club has a stadium and most have a training ground. Hence they are not really considered assets as they don't make us any money.

As it stands, we have no viable assets and the reason being is Murray has sold them all off to fix our finances in the short term so he can sell up and leave the naive clown who buys from him with the headache of fixing it.

The player fees went straight into the club.

Do you have evidence that Azure Catering made a profit at Rangers expense, or is it just supposition?

The list goes on.

- Players

- Fan base and spending

It probably still does.

The player fees went straight into the club.

Aye... to wipe out the debt he created! (Why did I even bother to reply to that??????)

Do you have evidence that Azure Catering made a profit at Rangers expense, or is it just supposition?

Aye... if you are a shareholder you will have access to the year end accounts. Look for anything related to catering and you'll be there for the rest of your life. (If you aint a shareholder, im sure the accounts will be available online.)

I'm still waiting for the evidence, bigmarv.

We all know your claims.

Just give us the evidence now.

You waited ONE WHOLE MINUTE!

Bravo! Murray would be proud of you and his other lap dogs!

Actually, it's one whole hour:

You'll be able to post evidence both of this being to the detriment of Rangers and that e could have attained better deals elsewhere.

I'm looking forward to seeing this, because I've heard the claims so often but never the actual evidence.

Asking for evidence is merely rational. It implies no bias either way.

So do you have it or not?

I'm still waiting for the evidence, bigmarv.

We all know your claims.

Just give us the evidence now.

You waited ONE WHOLE MINUTE!

Bravo! Murray would be proud of you and his other lap dogs!

Actually, it's one whole hour:

Asking for evidence is merely rational. It implies no bias either way.

So do you have it or not?

Ah I must have missed that other question earlier on.

A monkey - if eyes were open and mind not brainwashed - could see that the reason for Murray selling off all the assets was to tidy the debt of the club up and make it more sellable, make himself some serious coin in the process and sell up to the highest bidder.

To the detriment of Rangers is exactly the phrase I would use to describe Murray's running of the Club. In fact, I couldn't think of a better phrase myself.

Asking for evidence which is rather hard to prove means you cannot think for yourself and see the things that are staring in your face and choose to believe whatever propaganda is thrown your way.

Evidence on this subject is not something I have, not something I am ever likely to have unless I shagged Murray's accountant and is not something I think i will waste time searching for in order to show a troll like you.

A brain and the ability to see what is really going on is something I could loan you. But it seems you are as far down the line with Murray's way of thinking as Chemical Ali is with Osama Bin Laden's.

Ah I must have missed that other question earlier on.

A monkey - if eyes were open and mind not brainwashed - could see that the reason for Murray selling off all the assets was to tidy the debt of the club up and make it more sellable, make himself some serious coin in the process and sell up to the highest bidder.

To the detriment of Rangers is exactly the phrase I would use to describe Murray's running of the Club. In fact, I couldn't think of a better phrase myself.

Asking for evidence which is rather hard to prove means you cannot think for yourself and see the things that are staring in your face and choose to believe whatever propaganda is thrown your way.

Evidence on this subject is not something I have, not something I am ever likely to have unless I shagged Murray's accountant and is not something I think i will waste time searching for in order to show a troll like you.

A brain and the ability to see what is really going on is something I could loan you. But it seems you are as far down the line with Murray's way of thinking as Chemical Ali is with Osama Bin Laden's.

I don't wish to be rude, even if you do, but your post makes absolutely no sense.

How can you be brainwashed when you're actually asking for evidence before making up your mind.

It's precisely the opposite of brainwashed.

And it is all about getting info to think for yourself.

Why should I believe you when you admit you have no evidence?

Wasn't Chemical Ali part of Saddam Hussein's clique. I don't believe there is any link to Bin Laden. Do you have evidence to the contrary?