£700m plans on schedule

lerxst

did we get a grant from glasgow council to help build murray park?

No, I don't believe so.

i think that we got some help but i might be wrong.

Dave King had put cash into the club, and we took out a bank loan, but I'm not aware of any other funding from a third party.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did we get a grant from glasgow council to help build murray park?

Aye. Grant O'Donnell his name was. We had to sack him but.

I was gonna say this. (tu)

you will know if we got a grant, go and ask your uncle davy and let me know after he tickles your belly. :rolleyes:

To save you some time:

Rangers 2001 accounts

Thanks mate. I started reading the opening Chairmans statement and realised what a poor Chairman Murray actually is. Here is what he hits us with in 2001:

"I am confident that we are in good shape, on and off the park, meet the challenges of the future and to ensure the continuous success of the Club"

Really Muzza? Quite the financial forecaster!

I need to sleep that shock off.

To save you some time:

Rangers 2001 accounts

Thanks mate. I started reading the opening Chairmans statement and realised what a poor Chairman Murray actually is. Here is what he hits us with in 2001:

"I am confident that we are in good shape, on and off the park, meet the challenges of the future and to ensure the continuous success of the Club"

marv murray is a bullshiter and spins lies after lies.

To save you some time:

Rangers 2001 accounts

marv murray is a bullshiter and spins lies after lies.

No shit mate :harhar:

To save you some time:

Rangers 2001 accounts

Fast forward from '01 to '04 , and reflect on what a whopper that statement was.

Our squad circa 2001 featured Albertz , Reyna , Van Bronckhorst , Numan and Tugay

The equivalent squad 3 years later , representing this Club that was "in good shape, on and off the park" and ready to "meet the challenges of the future and to ensure the continuous success of the Club" could boast Ostenstad , Vanoli , Capucho , Emerson , and Boab Malcolm.

:anguish:

To save you some time:

Rangers 2001 accounts

True. Even when the financial position was looking dire and it was raised at an AGM the shareholders were reassured that everything was OK. It then proceeded to get worse....much worse. His financial mismanagement was astonishing and that's why this talk of a big warchest for Walter and a massive stadium redevelopment has me concerned. Can he be trusted from a financial persepective this time?

To save you some time:

Rangers 2001 accounts

True. Even when the financial position was looking dire and it was raised at an AGM the shareholders were reassured that everything was OK. It then proceeded to get worse....much worse. His financial mismanagement was astonishing and that's why this talk of a big warchest for Walter and a massive stadium redevelopment has me concerned. Can he be trusted from a financial persepective this time?

No.

That's my point.

Northern Spirit FC, remember them?

What about the Shanghai Superstars or whatever they were called?

The only thing to come out of them was a nice orange strip ;-)

Shanghai Shenhua...

Both ventures didn't work out very well. Makes me doubt this motorsport one as well.

Shanghai Shenhua...

Both ventures didn't work out very well. Makes me doubt this motorsport one as well.

Frankie - if anyone will know on here it would be you....

What financial investment have we made to this motorsport lark?

Shanghai Shenhua...

I've more than a little doubt about it!

I've more than a little doubt about it!

It will be interesting to find out more about the issue actually....

How much money did we put up to finance our participation?

How do we make money (sponsorship, TV, retail etc)?

Is it merely for exposure purposed? If so how does this offset expenditure?

Who is responsible for our participation?

It will be interesting to find out more about the issue actually....

How much money did we put up to finance our participation?

How do we make money (sponsorship, TV, retail etc)?

Is it merely for exposure purposed? If so how does this offset expenditure?

Who is responsible for our participation?

"Participating football clubs pay nothing to take part in Superleague Formula. In fact, clubs will actually receive a share of total revenues (plus approximately half of the car sponsorship), creating several millions of dollars every year in extra revenue."

Although they are paying nothing to take part, I believe that there will still be the costs of the team, although much of the sales, marketing and technology work will be handled centrally by the league, thus affording a considerable cost-savings to the teams.

There is a million euros prize purse per race, although I'm not aware of how this is shared between the teams.

Bain possibly drove this project (if you'll excuse the pun) but Murray would have had to have given the OK on it.

A grant for Murray park from Glasgow City council?

With Murray Park not being in glasgow..I doubt it?

It doesn't have to be in Glasgow for GCC to pay something.

I know this from my work experience. They have paid for social services in Larkhall.

If the stadium did get expanded or whatever.. would we even fill it part from European games :rolleyes:

Yes.

Celtic, Aberdeen, Heart and Hibs I feel we would fill a 65,000 seater no bother if the team on the park is functioning well and winning silverware.

Then there are Euro games that we could fill it twice over.

Against other SPL sure we wont fill it but the revenue generated from an extra 10 or 20 thousand seats for say 10 games a season balances that out.

As it stands, Celtic already have the ability to bank more than £300.000 per game more than us.

If the stadium did get expanded or whatever.. would we even fill it part from European games :rolleyes:

old firm games (tu)

:rolleyes: u know what i mean . APART from BIG Games. just wouldnt want to see so many empty seats

Thanks for the clarification BD...

All seems a bit too simplistic and free lunch to me. However, as much as I am cynical about the talents of our chum Martin, his record commercially at the club was pretty good before he got his last two jobs.