Strachan: Wrong or Lying?

Strachan claimed:

Quote:

Strachan would not be drawn on either comment but said: "In 1983 at Aberdeen, Willie Miller and Alex McLeish played about 73 games and I don't think we extended the league.

In that season, Aberdeen played 36 games in the league, 11 in the Cup Winners, 5 in the Scottish Cup and 7 in the League Cup, making a total of 59 games.

Innocent mistake, or intentional lie to strengthen his own case?

WGS has been getting desperate lately ranting he has defeated Cappello and SAF and isnt scared of Walter so nothing would suprise me.

I think Walter would make any manager at least slightly intimidated.

Especially when said manager's team hasn't mustered as much as a goal against Walter Smith's Rangers.

Strachan is really struggling now.

I just hope to fuck we beat them and put a 9 point gap between us effectively clinching the league.

If they manage a win then Strachan gets an easier time of it and is deemed some tactical genius.

Thankfully for us, he has no idea how to beat Walter's Rangers.

Strachan claimed:

Quote:

Strachan would not be drawn on either comment but said: "In 1983 at Aberdeen, Willie Miller and Alex McLeish played about 73 games and I don't think we extended the league.

In that season, Aberdeen played 36 games in the league, 11 in the Cup Winners, 5 in the Scottish Cup and 7 in the League Cup, making a total of 59 games.

Innocent mistake, or intentional lie to strengthen his own case?

He's picked 2 international regulars so it obviously includes international matches. It might be pedantically correct ("about 73"?) but, even if it is, it gives the misleading impression that Aberdeen played that many fixtures.