Gow grabs winner for the reserves

Boab

Reserves Leave It Late

ALAN GOW was the hero for Rangers Reserves this afternoon when he bagged a last minute goal to earn a crucial 1-0 victory over Hearts at Broadwood.

The club's second string had suffered two heavy defeats to Hibs and Celtic going into today's game and were in need of a confidence-boosting result against the Jambos.

They got what they were after and Ian Durrant was able to call upon several first-team stars for today's game with Neil Alexander, Charlie Adam, Thomas Buffel, Andy Webster and Steven Smith all joining Gowser in the starting eleven.

It was to be a hard-fought opening 45 minutes with both defences remaining watertight.

Hearts did have the ball on the net on 20 minutes but striker Juho Makela was ruled offside prior to his cushioned volley beating Alexander. Alan Gow

Three minutes before the interval Adam then looked up and tried to catch keeper Anthony Basso napping with a trademark 45 yard free-kick. The Italian, however, plucked the ball from underneath his bar to keep the scoreline goalless.

Into the second-half and Adam again tried his luck from a free-kick on the hour mark but again Basso was there to produce a diving stop.

Hearts continued to show their attacking intent when Gary Glen found Jamie Mole and the wingers drive was brilliantly saved by Alexander.

On 75 minutes Durrant added fresh legs to proceedings with Chris Smith replacing Andy Webster and Rory Loy on for Charlie Adam.

From there Rangers continued to push forward with Steven Lennon spurning a good opportunity along with Loy who was clean through on goal but shot straight at Basso.

It looked likely the teams were going to share the spoils until Gow found space and angled the ball beautifully beyond the Hearts' keeper with only seconds to spare.

RANGERS: Alexander, Lowing, McMillan, Webster (C. Smith 75), S. Smith, Lennon, Emslie (Little 91), Furman, Adam (Loy 75), Buffel, Gow

Gers site

bullshit,smith couldnt care less if he scores a hat-trick cause that asshole will always stick with his favourites ie. mcculloch, adam, dailly rather than give someone with a little SKILL a chance.........

i think its a fcukin disgrace the way smith has treated him and buffell and what makes it ever worse is that we have had to contend with the fuckin shite that adam and mcculloch offer week in and out!!

bullshit,smith couldnt care less if he scores a hat-trick cause that asshole will always stick with his favourites ie. mcculloch, adam, dailly rather than give someone with a little SKILL a chance.........

i think its a fcukin disgrace the way smith has treated him and buffell and what makes it ever worse is that we have had to contend with the fuckin shite that adam and mcculloch offer week in and out!!

(tu) Agreeed

Don't call our Manager an asshole please :)

no i will, thanks.........

How about ill-advised? Or wrong perhaps? :beer2: :craphead:

That'll do fine Boab (tu):lol:

Ano, its fucking shite our manager has won a trophy, and has us competing in three other competitions, with 3 points ahead and a game in hand.

WHAT A WANKER.

That'll do fine Boab (tu):lol:

(tu):lol:

Ano, its fucking shite our manager has won a trophy, and has us competing in three other competitions, with 3 points ahead and a game in hand.

WHAT A WANKER.

yeah but if he had some sense he would have given these fringe players a look in against the likes of partick the other night, in a time with a fixture pile up........

yeah but if he had some sense he would have given these fringe players a look in against the likes of partick the other night

What and got put out of the competition?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Personally I think it's a disgrace that people like you still insist on berating WS at every possible opporunity you get.

We haven't lost a domestic game since what October? We have won the C.I.S Cup, are overwhelming favourites for the Scottish Cup, we are on our best European run in god knows how many years and we actually have a really good chance of reaching the semi finals.

Yes it's difficult to watch at times, but success isn't measured by how much skill you have and how many step overs you can do.

Ultimately it's measured by your results, and this season our results have been fantastic.