Middlesborough makin noises about Davis

BLUEDIGNITY

I hate Middlesborough. They are a sh*te club, the have awful fans who can't fill their stadium, their manager is a losser and they'll never win anything!

If a player goes there then they are just going for the money.

There is talk about making Ivan Klasnic the highest paid player at the club, I'd rather miss out on him and put the money on Davis. He is a must signing!

Boro have one big thing over us , they play in the EPL , every player would want to play there if they could , that is why europe and qualification to the CL is vital , top players may play for us if we are involved in europe or even better if we can challenge to win the UEFA cup ,

hopefuly he will choose rangers

In the English papers today, hopefully the boy signs for us, Wattie take note. :sherlock:

Screw them. They are nothing.

So are spurs in my eyes but money talks bullshit walks, got a feelin this boy will want to stay with us but ! :sherlock:

I know the EPL is a big attraction but there is plenty of dross in there too. Like Middlesbrough as a prime example. I would say theres 12 reight good teams, the rest are deadwood.

agreed , but the wages are around £2m per year , we would not pay that to any player these days

Did he not leave because he failed to win a deal when he was a youngster?

Yeah I read that on one paper when he signed however the other paper said that when he was offered the chance down south as a youngster it was too big an opportunity to turn down. So its anyones guess which is true, I for one hope he stays

If I may remind you all, Hutton left for more wages and a mediocre English team.

He also supports us as much as Davis.

So don't think for a second that Davis would stay out of love for the club. He's a professional and they go where the best deal is.

to be fair spurs are a step above boro, spurs should be challenging for europe, boro will always be mid-table at best - most likely get drawn into a relegation battle.

I don't think he would choose boro over us - even for more money, but there could be other interest

The difference in all of this is that Davis LEFT the EPL to come to us.

He has already experienced it and moved to play for Rangers. He knows what it is all about and still chose to come to us.

Hopefully then that will be enough to make him sign

The difference in all of this is that Davis LEFT the EPL to come to us.

He has already experienced it and moved to play for Rangers. He knows what it is all about and still chose to come to us.

Hopefully then that will be enough to make him sign

Not totally true bud, He has came to us because he was out of the picture at Fulham and wanted first team football and we offered that on the 31st Jan, yes he supports Rangers but he may still want to prove himself in the EPL

He's no that great anyway. A good player, but thats as far as i'd go.

If he wasn't from Ulster, there wouldn't be such a big hoo-haa about him.

If Walter wants him, and he wants to stay, thats great. If not, Steven Who?

Doesn't matter where he's from, he's a quality young player. He's beginning to rediscover the form of his Villa days, season 2005/06 where he won every award at the club and was one of the best midfielders in the Premiership.

He's also shown that he's a class act while on international duty. He's out-classed Ferguson in every game he'd played since being at the club.

If I may remind you all, Hutton left for more wages and a mediocre English team.

So don't think for a second that Davis would stay out of love for the club. He's a professional and they go where the best deal is.

to be fair spurs are a step above boro, spurs should be challenging for europe, boro will always be mid-table at best - most likely get drawn into a relegation battle.

I don't think he would choose boro over us - even for more money, but there could be other interest

That all said, may I remind you Boro made the Uefa Cup final a couple of seasons ago?

That all said, may I remind you Boro made the Uefa Cup final a couple of seasons ago?

yes that is true, but year in year out they aren't going to be even in europe let alone that far in europe. Boro have only ever won one cup, i'd be pretty gutted if a player chose boro over us. It's not that i dislike boro - i actually have a bit of a soft spot for them due to some family and friends from that area.

yes that is true, but year in year out they aren't going to be even in europe let alone that far in europe. Boro have only ever won one cup, i'd be pretty gutted if a player chose boro over us. It's not that i dislike boro - i actually have a bit of a soft spot for them due to some family and friends from that area.

Tugay left us for Blackburn. So did Barry and Lorenzo. Cousin was quite happy to go to Fulham. Gazza went to Boro. Reyna to Sunderland.

See the pattern?

Less and less players go where they'll win things. They go 'for the experience' and to be paid handsomely even when their new club is anything but prestigious. A big club who wins things is a mere bonus.