Middlesborough makin noises about Davis

BLUEDIGNITY

It would be a step down going to a team like that who will be no more than mid table under southgate. I think winning a couple more trophies this year and a crack at the CL next year for him could swing it in our favour if we get an offer accepted!!

It would be a step down going to a team like that who will be no more than mid table under southgate. I think winning a couple more trophies this year and a crack at the CL next year for him could swing it in our favour if we get an offer accepted!!

Totally agree. Surely after our performances in Europe this season and having a crack at the CL next year would be more appealing! Well...we hope!

Not to mention 50,000 fans every 2nd week screaming your name :clap:

Ah would like to see this boy snapped up pronto - I'm loving the Baz, Thommo and Davis 3 man midfield and it can surely only get better with time :rangers:

Not surprised at this to be honest, gossip column is saying that there is another EPL team interested but doesn't say who. I hope he is on Walter's list as a target, will be even easier to get him if Fulham get relegated. In the end I think a lot of it will come down to him.

I dont think the lad is daft enough to leave us ;)

He has been very non commital about signing for us possibly because of his wages down south, reputed to be well in excess of our top earners.

That's the big issue. A club like 'boro may be a step down in terms of the size of club and all that goes with that but sadly they are likely to be a step up financially.

he is a bear at heart hopefully that will be enough, orthe lure of the money might just be too much, personally i think he is a great wee player our midfield was struggling for ideas before he turned up so i hope walter snaps him up!

:rangers:

Provided that we are prepared to pay the money then I really don't think we have anything to worry about.

Walter's braw at penny pinching.

That £3mil will be whittled down to £2.3mil in nae time :lol:

If I may remind you all, Hutton left for more wages and a mediocre English team.

He also supports us as much as Davis.

So don't think for a second that Davis would stay out of love for the club. He's a professional and they go where the best deal is.

If I may remind you all, Hutton left for more wages and a mediocre English team.

So don't think for a second that Davis would stay out of love for the club. He's a professional and they go where the best deal is.

Correct, the fee is less of a problem than the wages Davis is reputed to be getting with Fulham and this is more than double what Hutton now earns.

Very true Danny, Love for the club is out of the question if more money is waved in there faces!!

Correct, the fee is less of a problem than the wages Davis is reputed to be getting with Fulham and this is more than double what Hutton now earns.

No way does Davis get in excess of 65k/week at fulham.

Pish team, Pish fans, pish stadium...

or

European football, 50,000 fans, the team he loves and supports...

You'd think it was a no-brainer.

At least with Hutton, Spurs (as a club) have a bit of potential.

Boro...voted the worst place in mainland Europe to live for the past 5 years running! :lol:

or

Boro...voted the worst place in mainland Europe to live for the past 5 years running! :lol:

You would think it was a no brainer i agree

And I agree, even though I think spurs are destined not to acheieve massive amounts of glory, Going to probably the 5th best team in the EPL is a lot better than moving to some mess of a team

as was said earlier in this thread Walter can be very persuasive!

dont think Davis would ask for much more than 20k a week, not really a huge wage for a club our size.

build in maybe some win bonus's and i think he would sign.

hopefully we have some sort of first option deal build in with his loan deal, that should hopefully stop clubs coming in for him before we can get an offer on the table

or

And I agree, even though I think spurs are destined not to acheieve massive amounts of glory, Going to probably the 5th best team in the EPL is a lot better than moving to some mess of a team

I think with another 2 or 3 signings and the removal of some dead wood, they could catch Liverpool up.

For the first time ever, with a good manager, they're starting to resemble a good team. Hutton - King - Woodgate - Bale for instance, won't see many better back lines than that in the Prem next season.

or

I think with another 2 or 3 signings and the removal of some dead wood, they could catch Liverpool up.

For the first time ever, with a good manager, they're starting to resemble a good team. Hutton - King - Woodgate - Bale for instance, won't see many better back lines than that in the Prem next season.

I agree Spurs are deffo on the rise but the footballing world has been saying that for seasons and seasons and seasons aoout Spurs, but with this new manager you can totally see them breaking the top 4 cos lets face it bar Gerrard, Torres and Reina Liverpool are shite