Have We Finally Got A Settled Defence?

J_RFC87

Smith Svensson Hemdani Hutton

is this our preferred defence now?

Should we replace arguably our best player of the season (imo) Hemdani in January?

No - we need a commanding CH desperately

Hemdani IS good but he's no CH

We need at least two good defenders in January. No way is that defence the one that will win us anything. Svensson, Hutton and Smtih are constantly improving but are nowhere near the finished articles and Hemdani needs to be playing in midfield as he cannot deal with balls over the top or in the air. A couple of decent defenders in the transfer window will give us a good range of defenders available and means that injuries wouldn't hurt us as bad.

There is a definate improvement but thats come from playing a settled format.We definately need a CH to play alongside Svensson and let Hemdani play where he belongs in the midfield.I honestly believe Svensson will be a great player for Gers if he has a commanding presence beside him then in the next season or two he will be the one who commands the penalty area.

Dare I say it, Elvis ????

There is a definate improvement but thats come from playing a settled format.We definately need a CH to play alongside Svensson and let Hemdani play where he belongs in the midfield.I honestly believe Svensson will be a great player for Gers if he has a commanding presence beside him then in the next season or two he will be the one who commands the penalty area.

I wouldnt bother with Elvis, as long as its not a lnog term contract

The commanding central defender theory to improve Svensson is a red herring in my opinion.

It would certainly improve the defence but Svensson needs to improve his timing, heading,positioning, marking and awareness.( I couldn't believe it yesterday when he turned his back on the ball as it bounced in the area)

Only the player can improve his play. Even with a dominant defender the opposition will still target a weak link.It ia almost like saying we could play Burke, for example, won't win the ball in the air, cannot tackle,at central defence with a dominant defender beside him

Its a hard one to keep playin hemdani in defence as we do need more physical guy in there but where would he go.

most of us would agree he has a consistant player, but if we stick to our current 4-4-2 which is suiting us well where would he go?

I love Smith as a player especailly going forward but he isnt too hot at defending(slight worry there)

Svensson scares me at times but he was tipped to be a possible candidate for the captain of Sweden at some point.

Hutton again like some one has mentioned earlier needs to be consistant and play like he did yesterday every week!

so to sum it all up i would go for our normal back 3 minus hemdani(possibly rotate in midfield) and replace him with a big stong Centre Half

We NEED at the minimum ONE commanding CH maybe even two.

Our fullbacks need to improve too as neither are great so another good fullback would be nice.

Hutton played well yesterday but has a long way to go. Smith has REGRESSED recently and is poor defensively. Our whole defence is a joke at crosses.

Conclusion: Our defence has been more settled, but can be VASTLY improved.

:rolleyes: