Davis to Blackburn for 3million!?

Boab

This was something I was told yesterday morning by a good friend, who had been told this by another good friend of his the night before. I believe him.

My friend, was told that Blackburn had bid £3million for Davis. I cannot answer as to how this affects us having a 'first-option' or not or agreed price. Sorry.

To add proof to the pudding:

After deciding to take the plunge and go north to ply his trade with Glasgow Rangers, young Steven Davis may well be returning to England this summer.

However, it appears he will not be returning to Craven Cottage.

The latest rumour suggests that Mark Hughes, at Blackburn Rovers, is preparing a £4 million bid to lure the twenty-three year old Northern Ireland international to Ewood Park.

Davis, signed during the Lawrie Sanchez era, has made twenty-four appearances for us but the return of Jimmy Bullard, from injury, was probably the catalyst that saw him decide to seek his fortune elsewhere.

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=105401

Neither me or the article is saying the bid has been accepted but lets make sure we sign him (tu):rangers:

I don't see him being here next season. He'll win the treble, fulfill his dreams of playing for Rangers and f*ck off back to the Premiership.

I think Muff makes a good point. If he wins all domestic honours, and god forbid a European one, why would he stay here???? Ambition filled.

Blackburn won't even make the UEFA Cup next season so it would be a bit of step down for him when he's got the prospect of Champions League football to look forward to where he is at present. Rumours start at this stage of the season so I wouldn't take it as gospel anyway. It'll only be true if he's pictured in the papers wearing a Blackburn shirt prior to the start of next season.

The EPL is where everyone wants to play. We'll see how much of a Bluenose he is come the summer and should we be able to agree a fee/offer the right terms.

I'll be gutted if he doesn't sign a long term deal. He's the ideal replacement for Ferguson and he and Thomson compliment each other so well.

I do not think he is that good. Better than McCulloch, Whittaker, Adam- yes, but they are all pretty poor.

He has shaded off a good bit recently - but he is not a right winger either.

Did not impress at central mid vs PT when Ferguson was out.

I would sign him, but would not overpay. I don't think he is worth more than 2m, 2.5m at best.

I think he's the best midfielder at the club!

If Barry was fully fit then Barry would be better. Davis does not seem to carry much of a goal threat.

Better than the rest - yes. Again that would not be hard although I accept Thomson could become really good, but he is a defensive mid fielder whereas Davis is an attacking midfielder.

I have this awful feeling,that won't go away,that Davis will welcome a move (to the Premiership) away from Glasgow.I really hope I'm wrong,as I feel we could build our mid-field around him. :unsure:

I wouldn't call Davis an attacking midfielder.

Then if Barry is not and Davis is not - we don't have one! LM and SW are not midfielders at all. CA? The only one - God we ARE in trouble!

I just said this an a post a few seconds ago.

In terms of players who have a change of 1st team action, there isn't one attacking midfielder amongst them.

Guest Andypendek

i'd say that is our biggest problem, there's little threat coming from midfield so the other team can bomb forward without worrying too much about getting hit on the break.

Well then how can we expect to win anything without any attacking mids except maybe CA?

May as well jack it in now? no?

Is Furman an attacking mid?

Is Buffel an attacking mid?

Is Gow an attacking mid?

C;mon we must have one somewhere?

Lennon? Fleck?

C'mon now help me out here Guys.

I don't see why we don't just ask him straight out if he wants to stay here. He'll obviously have a rough idea in his head what he wants to do.

If he says yes then we simply pay the money and then thats the f*cking end of it. If he says no then we come out and say we wont be making it permanent.

I'm sick of this combination of dragging deals out and piss farting around in the transfer market ala Riordan, Brown, MacDonald, Naismith, Cuellar, Caracciolo and now Davis.

It makes us look like absolute tits and has to stop.

Well then how can we expect to win anything without any attacking mids except maybe CA?

May as well jack it in now? no?

Is Furman an attacking mid?

Is Buffel an attacking mid?

Is Gow an attacking mid?

C;mon we must have one somewhere?

Lennon? Fleck?

C'mon now help me out here Guys.

Fleck can link middle to front once he's deemed ready, and contribute with goals. But in the short term, I'd rather flood the midfield with good players (Thomson, Davis, Ferguson) than try to accomodate a 'natural' attacking midfield player that I have little to no confidence in, such as Buffel or Gow.

Keep it the way it is(4-5-1) and bring in the required players in the summer. But we have to get those players!

If we are planning to keep a 4-5-1 then I think it would be worth while investing money on Kevin Nolan.

Yes he would probably cost millions, but considering the fact that Bolton have played a 4-5-1 for the best part of 6 years (excluding Sammy Lee's tenure) and he has been consistantly good as the attacking player in a midfield three suggests to me that he would be worth the money.

There is no way that we could pay £3 million for Davis AND pay anywhere near the wages he is on at Fulham. We have to realise that the spl is below the EPL and even the championship in wages and appeal.

We may be able to give bosman signings an acceptable deal but I do not believe many would take the step down unless they were at the latter stages of their career.