Wireless Streaming to Ps3

brissyger

Just realised tonight that you can set up your laptop as a wireless media server and stream all your music, video and picture files to the PS3 instead of saving them to the hard drive. I'm probably late to the party with this but though I might mention it in case some other RM members aren't using it yet. Gonna save me the hassle of pissing about with wires at the back of my amp :)

If you have a PC or laptop with Windows Media Player 11 just go to the Library menu and click on Media Sharing. Assuming your PS3 is connected to your wireless network it should recognise it as "unknown device". Check the box and apply. Close Media Player, go to your PS3 menu and go to either music, video or photos and select "Search for media server". Should come up with the name of your laptop and any music etc in your root folders ie "My Music" etc will be able to be streamed through the PS3.

p.s you may also need to enable WMA and ARTAC playback in your System Settings.

If you have a PC or laptop with Windows Media Player 11 just go to the Library menu and click on Media Sharing. Assuming your PS3 is connected to your wireless network it should recognise it as "unknown device". Check the box and apply. Close Media Player, go to your PS3 menu and go to either music, video or photos and select "Search for media server". Should come up with the name of your laptop and any music etc in your root folders ie "My Music" etc will be able to be streamed through the PS3.

Ah, wow, awesome, thats saves alot of hassle! Thanks!

No probs mate (tu)

It does save a lot of hassle and also a lot of space on the hard drive as well. Great innovation. Just when I thought my PS3 couldn't get any better :D

No probs mate (tu)

It does save a lot of hassle and also a lot of space on the hard drive as well. Great innovation. Just when I thought my PS3 couldn't get any better :D

never new that cheers brissy

you got cod4 ? you need to get on the rmed clan and join us

Top man!! Been trying to figure this one out for a while now . Cheers

:beer2:

All this technology is amazing,but,what about the future.....

One day,could we actually be pulled into a game (fifa 2049 or something lol) and get ready to step up,and take that crucial penalty,infront of thousands.

Or jump into a horror game,ohhhhh that sounds good doesn't it.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my PS3 on Saturday & was trying to get the media streaming going but was having no end of trouble.

Anyway I hopped over to AV forums which reccomended Tversity .

Downloaded it & it worked a treat.

Ive always had problems with windows media player 11 & I wasnt surprised I had problems here.

am trying to use tversity just now!

cant get anything to play through it though, just get a black screen:(

oh well, should be studying for chemistry anyway!

Make sure media sharing is turned on in the settings of your playstation (tu)