Steven Whittaker

Craigy

Fantastic goal - just fantastic. Wasn't far off the run Walcott got praised to high heaven for last night - sure the Lisbon players were tired but he left them trailing. And after all that, has the composure to just stick it in the corner. Great. He's a talented boy and he might not have hit the heights in the Rangers colours so far but I think he'll come good and give us great service in the years to come.

i have slated him many times before, but what a brilliant move to score. he constantly looked up for a pass, and by god i shouted at him to do it, but didnt find anything good enough, and pure composure to finish it off. a fantastic goal - well done stevie!!!

When he won the ball and then went past the next Sporting player, i was yelling "Go Yersell" and again before saying "SHOOT" swiftly followed by "FUCK'S SAKE YOU FUCKING BEAUTY". Well done Steven Whittaker, you've been much malinged; take the plaudits son!!!

:rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers:

If that goal doesn't give him the platform to go on and make himself a success then nothing won't.

Well done Whittaker :rangers:

I was thinking the same thing myself Craigy, if that goal can't inspire him,then what can? :unsure

Hopefully that gives him the confidence he needs. Great composed finnish - didn't blast it, which allot of player may have after such a run - just calmly placed it. A bit like Laudrup. Now there's a thing ;)