Thank you ITV4

papaguy51

A major reason we loved it so much was that it was non Scots being pro-Rangers.

As in, a major English network giving US praise. Patronising in a way, but it's nice to get 'approval' from our southern chums.

It was glorious.

The Scottish commentary is absolutely wank on both TV and radio. it was such a refreshing change to hear people commentating on a game and getting right behind a British team without their own Fenian agendas getting in the way

The difference between the two was night and day.

Particularly significant was after the final whistle when ITV4 was full of praise at the achievement...in fact almost joy...if it was faked joy then well done, it sounded thoroughly genuine.

STV were far more muted, kept mentioning the negative of players missing.

Also, ITV4 showed us clips of the players having fun on the bench...they looked to be a team with fantastic spirit and friendship and that was commented on.

STV meanwhile showed us replays of bookings going tut tut.

I'm loathe to call it bias, perhaps it's simply a Scottish thing but I foolishly chose STV first and watched ITV4 later.

I won't make the same mistake again.

Who was in the studio on ITV 4? I watched the game on TV3 which is an Irish tv channel and they had Ian Dowie and Mark Lawrenceson in the studio, the cheeser on Ian Dowies face when they went back to the studio after the game was great! He obviously likes us as he was full of praise for our players and Lawrenceson who's usually a sour faced prick was raving about how good Walter is. I do find it kind of odd how the Irish media in general are less against us than the Scotish media seem to be. :shifty:

The coverage was indeed excellent. A breath of fresh air from the usual bias shite that we have to put up with from the likes of Walker.

Hopefully we get those pundits more often.

Guest Andypendek

ain't it the truth?

for years OF fans have been villified for seeing enemies everywhere, but in the nature of football everyone has teams they like and teams they hate - here it's simply much easier to identify loyalties since our media is stuffed with ex-OF players, or people with blatantly obvious surnames. ironically, its usually those who are equally guilty of such bias that are the first to criticise - the plainly irish keevins, mcnee and traynor like to talk down to more honest fans who are willing to openly display their positions, but we've seen with ITV4's coverage that when there is no axe to grind, no adolescent anger at being 'oppressed,' that a UK station can support a UK team. given that, it is just possible that in the future a scottish team will positively support a scottish team, but it's gonna take a sea change in the hiring and intellectual outlook of the whole schmeer - producers, presenters, directors. why do we keep giving top jobs to people with mental ages of 15?

Who was in the studio on ITV 4? I watched the game on TV3 which is an Irish tv channel and they had Ian Dowie and Mark Lawrenceson in the studio, the cheeser on Ian Dowies face when they went back to the studio after the game was great! He obviously likes us as he was full of praise for our players and Lawrenceson who's usually a sour faced prick was raving about how good Walter is. I do find it kind of odd how the Irish media in general are less against us than the Scotish media seem to be. :shifty:

Andy Townsend & Robbie Earle , they gave rangers lots of praise for the performance , you got the impression they wanted us to win , unlike STV

Andy Townsend & Robbie Earle , they gave rangers lots of praise for the performance , you got the impression they wanted us to win , unlike STV

correct, although Lawrenson gave us no chance of getting to Manchester on Football Focus yesterday...

twat!

:angry2:

Dowie is a big Rangers man (tu)

I hope somone has a recording of itv4s game, i missed the itv 4 version ! I want!

You can easily find it on mininova. That's the one I watched. Just search "rangers lisbon"...

And yeah, I really enjoyed the commentary too. Some memorable quips for a memorable night...