New Striker

Tamdaman

Last Night Proved That If We Are Playing 4-5-1 Then We Need A Striker Capable Of Winning Balls In the Air And Running Himself Into The Channels

For Me Darcheville Couldnt Do That, Dont Get Me Wrong The Guy Is Good But Injury Problems And His Failure To Complete 90mins Has Let Him Down

I Think That A New Striker Should Be Top Of Our Summer List Aswell As A New CB (Replacement FOr Weir) And RB

Thoughts?

No, I think our striking options are very good.

You can't judge a player on one game and write him off. Look at Sporting Lisbon game last week where he was outstanding.

It's our midfield and full backs we need to strenghen.

Last Night Proved That If We Are Playing 4-5-1 Then We Need A Striker Capable Of Winning Balls In the Air And Running Himself Into The Channels

For Me Darcheville Couldnt Do That, Dont Get Me Wrong The Guy Is Good But Injury Problems And His Failure To Complete 90mins Has Let Him Down

I Think That A New Striker Should Be Top Of Our Summer List Aswell As A New CB (Replacement FOr Weir) And RB

Thoughts?

What's wi the intermittent caps? Have You Got A Wonkey Keyboard?

Thoughts?

Thought It Looked Nice :D

Thoughts?

Someones picky.

Thoughts?

Why do you think we have been continously linked with Kenny Miller for the past 8 months?

JCD is more than capable of playing the lone striker role, people playing that role rarely last 90 minutes as it's such a physically draining and demanding role to play.

Am not Jose Mourinho or Fabio Capello but I believe that the problem lies with the lack of a real second striker, somebody who primarily plays in that little space between the midfield and attack and looks to link the play between midldle and front.

Ferguson has been asked to do the role, but he, much like Thomson Hemdani and Dailly, simply doesn't have the legs and movement to do the role effectively and he has a habit of dropping off 20 yards when we don't have the ball.

This ultimately leaves JCD isolated and us struggling to keep possession.

The ball didnt reach Darcheville last night, our midfield was completely overrun, we missed Thomson.

Cousin was excellent when he came on though and battled for everything, he should be our first choice striker and I would like to see him stay at the club.

our problems are not up front , the quality of ball to our front players at times is terrible , superman could play upfront and never get a touch

JCD , Cousin , Boyd , Naismith , Novo are all capable of winning us games

Thoughts?

Thought It Looked Nice :D

You were wrong :P

I reckon Klasnic would be good at this he has strength, power, pace and a good dig on him. That is the kind of player that would have shone last night.

Or, in other words, Cousin?

Well yes just not as much pace as Klasnic. He would have done well from the start but I suppose JCD has done well in the last few weeks and was trusted.

Considering the type of game that Walter would have known we were going to be in (under the cosh) the size of Celtic's centre halves and the fact that JCD isn't the best at making the ball stick I just think that Cousin should have started last night, with JCD coming on should we be chasing a goal on the break in the latter stages.

Anyone Think Djibril Cisse Is A Good Shout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DItKXDh12NM...feature=related

He Definatley Has Everything I Described

The Downfall Is How Much He Would Cost And His Attitude

Didn't we try to sign him when PLG was in the hot seat????????

It was rumoured we were going in for him

I think he would be a great signing

Thoughts?

Why do you think we have been continously linked with Kenny Miller for the past 8 months?

JCD is more than capable of playing the lone striker role, people playing that role rarely last 90 minutes as it's such a physically draining and demanding role to play.

Am not Jose Mourinho or Fabio Capello but I believe that the problem lies with the lack of a real second striker, somebody who primarily plays in that little space between the midfield and attack and looks to link the play between midldle and front.

Ferguson has been asked to do the role, but he, much like Thomson Hemdani and Dailly, simply doesn't have the legs and movement to do the role effectively and he has a habit of dropping off 20 yards when we don't have the ball.

This ultimately leaves JCD isolated and us struggling to keep possession.

If youve got a midfielder who can get forward to support that striker (see 1st goal against Sporting) then it works a lot better. Our problem is out of our 5 midfielders we normally play none of them really play that way, Davis can do it but we often play him on the right and hes not a winger. Even if we played wingers who get up and support the striker like Novo did on wednesay it causes more problems. 2 attacking wingers would have a similair effect to an attacking midfielder in my mind as they give support to the lone front man who can then pass and move rather than trap the ball and wait for 2 minutes for support.

I think we need two ST's. Maybe land one on a bosman(Ivan Klasnic) and someone like Pavel Pogrebnyak, Roman Pavlyuchenko(probably out of our price range tho celtc have been linked with him) Julian Esteban, Jimmy Briand, Johan Vonlanthen.....

I think we need two ST's. Maybe land one on a bosman(Ivan Klasnic) and someone like Pavel Pogrebnyak, Roman Pavlyuchenko(probably out of our price range tho celtc have been linked with him) Julian Esteban, Jimmy Briand, Johan Vonlanthen.....

i'd be happy if we got klasnic on a bosman, cant say i am too familiar with the last 3 names but pogrebnyank and pavlychenko are both cracking players but sadly probably out of price range but if you dont ask you dont get, look at what we paid for king carlos, peanuts compared to his true worth so we might be able to get the strikers cheaper than you would think

Considering the type of game that Walter would have known we were going to be in (under the cosh) the size of Celtic's centre halves and the fact that JCD isn't the best at making the ball stick I just think that Cousin should have started last night, with JCD coming on should we be chasing a goal on the break in the latter stages.

Agree Dado, I think the roles should have been reversed with Cousin starting and JCD as the option to bring on.