really, really bad news for the final

Guest Andypendek

To be fair, i'm sure he is well aware it is not enforcable. By making this statement he is either attempting to limit the number of fans who turn up, or attempting to bypass any criticisms incase their is trouble.

Maybe if he pops on the forum, he'll be able to clue up on what's happening ?

To be fair, i'm sure he is well aware it is not enforcable. By making this statement he is either attempting to limit the number of fans who turn up, or attempting to bypass any criticisms incase their is trouble.

Maybe if he pops on the forum, he'll be able to clue up on what's happening ?

Im sure they'll have a few police looking for photos on here :craphead:

Didnt seem to be much crime in London the day they had 3 police photographers running round the orange parade taking pictures of everyone, so imagine how many lovely pictures they'll take in Manchester :pipe:

We will all be there...

...and will show the footballing world that no police were needed anyway ... because we will having a great big party not a ruck!

we come to party

we dont want any trouble

and there is nothing they can do about it

they cant shut of a city to the thousands of rangers fans coming to manchester

what are they going to do put up road blocks and barriers on every transport link for the days leading up to the match?

:unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag:

:rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Guest Andypendek

poor mr cheeseman! he's the guy from the beeb who was trying to get the copper to realise how many of us were coming!!

conlan is, believe it or not, the match commander and as such is the head honcho for decisions relating to police operations on the day of the game.

bbc scotland radio have just carried a piece by bbc manchester's ian cheeseman, in which he interviews the match commander, a gerry conlan or connolly. there's a good start, i thought. but worse was to come - his advice to all fans: stay away if you don't have a ticket. totally uncompromising, unable to answer the lad cheeseman's questions when he asked, yes, but there WILL be 1000s coming, what will you do? 'if you don't have a ticket, don't come.'

result - harrassment in our own country for the heinous crime of going to watch a football match, or else civic meltdown as the coppers overreact to a situation they should be able to see from 2 weeks away.

this is really pissing me off big time.

Not long ago the gerry conlans or connollys of the world were bombing MANCHESTER so don't worry bout 'im he don't amount to a hill of beans. How is he going to stop a quarter of million Bears enjoying themselves ? Bring in the army ? Fcuk him the dirty second generatin eire scum ! :sherlock:

I'd expect a hell of a lot more than 50-70k

We took 21k to Barcelona for a Champions League group stage match, this is a European Final.

Guest Andypendek

i dunno, i heard this raised on the phone ins tonight but i don't think we're taking this seriously enough. david edgar impressed me hugely with his point on this - 'who the hell do they think they are, telling citizens of the UK where they can and can't go?' but that is the point - the mere act of attending a football game, or in this case merely going to the city a game is in, suspends your rights. funny how rugby fans can go where they like but make it football and ooh noo, riots!!! disorder!!! panic on the streets of manchester!!!

these bastards could, if they so wished, make it murder to get anywhere near the city from the main arteries - and if you get in and they hear the accent it'll be harrassment all the way. if the old trafford alternative doesn't come off there isn't enough time for their limited minds to come up with another plan - this is what comes of letting people called gerry join the cops. it is, quite literally, pc gone mad.

this is what comes of letting people called gerry join the cops. it is, quite literally, pc gone mad.

:lol::craphead:

Thats the funniest two things I've heard all day.