Scottish Currency

Maybe every rangers fan should just take down monopoly money instead. If we all did it, maybe they'd be daft enough to think that's our scottish notes.

Or maybe not

as someone who's lived in England for over 5 years i'd say you'll have very few problems in Manchester.

I've lived in Bath and now Northampton and never had my money refused, the occasional person will look at the note funny but they take it all the same.

It costs them nothing to change at the bank thats a load of bollocks, the note still entitles the bearer to whatever pounds sterling it says on it.

Most places in Manchester will have seen the notes before its only when they haven't that they aren't sure. I'm sure all the pub landlords etc will make sure their staff accept it even if it is questioned once they aren't going to turn away hundreds of customers now are they ;)

I've went to the bank and taken a wad of cash out to pay for booze and food at stalls. But will the fanzones stalls and Manchester pubs etc take scottish notes? <cr>

Ive never had a problem here. Just once, I bought a pint, got it and handed a £20 over. The guy said he wouldnt take it, so, sipping the pint I took it back and said 'Ive offered you legal tender, thanks for the beer'

He soon took the money :lol:

:lol: