Smeato column in The Sun

Smeato - Jumped into a dangerous situation to help a policeman under attack

Gers fan - labels Smeato a "NED" because he has the affrontery to have an opinion that differs from yours

I know who the ned is mate, and it aint anyone in the papers

Gers fan - labels Smeato a "NED" because he has the affrontery to have an opinion that differs from yours

There's a "G" missing from your name....get it sorted NOW!!

There's a "G" missing from your name....get it sorted NOW!!

You sir a quite frankly a fecking disgrace to the shirt. The sooner we dump so-called bears like you the better our club will be

Disgrace

Whats happening here is for the first time this year we are under pressure as a club, we wont win the legue (hope i am wrong) and what do some do when under pressure? They get into the bunker mentality - wagons ina circle and jump on every piece of negativity they can find.

Instead of concentrating on, oh, let me see,

SUPPORTING THE TEAM in the biggest few days of the season

Im done with these idiots

We're all entitled to an opinion, it just happens that his is in a national rag. Some will agree, some won't. I didn't like the "we have a lot to learn from septic" pish, or the way the media are still talking about "Rangers fans" rioting, I keep saying this, THEY ARE NOT RANGERS FANS, just thugs. What happened to all the people on here that condemned the thugs in manchester, I didn't hear them getting as much stick as smeato has. Lets be honest, if we were in the position he is, would we not be milking it. I know I would. Getting to walk on to Ibrox hearing everyone cheer your name, it's what dreams are made of.

That is not why I labeled the guy as a ned. I've had a conversation with him and he came across as a ned thus the "label." You on the other hand have never met me, only read one post of mine yet you decide you know me well enough to judge. Keep your assumptions to yourself please.

Well smeato is a hypocrite, because my pal's brother was in manchester and he met smeato, and his brother says he's a bigot and kept sayin to him "build my gallows" and "no surrender"..

...and how is that bigoted?

That is not why I labeled the guy as a ned. I've had a conversation with him and he came across as a ned thus the "label." You on the other hand have never met me, only read one post of mine yet you decide you know me well enough to judge. Keep your assumptions to yourself please.

I have my assumptions mate, and you have just reinforced them

No problem mate, next time I see a police officer in trouble I will make sure I jump into that dangerous situation just to get your respect. Fuck off.

No problem mate, next time I see a police officer in trouble I will make sure I jump into that dangerous situation just to get your respect. Fuck off.

Forget Bauba, Garry...He's as narrow minded as the rest of us :)

Dont rise to the bait with these Smeto hero worshipers the guys a fucking tosser.

You obviously just do not get it

Thick as well then

Thing is, people like you never will get it

Dont rise to the bait with these Smeto hero worshipers the guys a fucking tosser.

yeah and if his clumn next week is positive to the Gers, you'll begin the love-fest again

beggars belief!

If you read all of the article he mentions how celtic have idiot fans, has a go at Spiers and says that the troublemakers in Manchester are not true Rangers fans. Give the guy a break :rangers:

Smeaton is milking the situation big time.

He wasnt even the "hero" at Glasgow Airport. Quick to talk to the press, quick to get on tv and went along with the ride, getting fame in the process. Right place, right time.

4-5 others did more than Smeaton, dont see then in the papers, on tv or getting VIP treatment everywhere they can. He's a leech.

He wasnt even the "hero" at Glasgow Airport. Quick to talk to the press, quick to get on tv and went along with the ride, getting fame in the process. Right place, right time.

4-5 others did more than Smeaton, dont see then in the papers, on tv or getting VIP treatment everywhere they can. He's a leech.

He's said all of that himself. He never asked for the special attention, but is getting it and is milking it as i'm sure most people would given the chance. He hardly deserves to be abused for doing that.

I wouldn't believe the sun if they said today was Friday. They are at it, same as the daily rhebel who are in the throes of attacking Mike McCurry just when crucial games were on that mhob get carte blanc to attack all things they judge to be connected to Rangers ! Smeato is a good Prod and he's up for grabs by these lying scum f-nian bhastards with keyboards. :sherlock:

I wouldn't believe the sun if they said today was Friday. They are at it, same as the daily rhebel who are in the throes of attacking Mike McCurry just when crucial games were on that mhob get carte blanc to attack all things they judge to be connected to Rangers ! Smeato is a good Prod and he's up for grabs by these lying scum f-nian bhastards with keyboards. :sherlock:

Today is Friday BD :lol:

Today is Friday BD :lol:

Thats why I said it Coops but if the sun told me it was I wouldn't believe 'em ! :rolleyes: I can see you've had hard night mate ! ;):sherlock:

It's amazing how some people's attitudes change. When someone else said this a few months ago, they were described as a bitter Tim having a go at Smeato because he was a Rangers fan.

Now Smeato has had a go at Rangers fans he is fair game.

Actually, I agree with Bauba this time...

Don't think what happened in Manchester is worth talking about in terms of how it affects Rangers or the support, since it mostly wasn't our fault and by all fair accounts we were well represented. But if we'd be honest, who wasn't sickened by some of the reports, even if they were completely blown out of all proportion?