Stevie Smith Going To Be Released

Heard this is on the cards for the youngster?

Hasnt proven his place in the team since his return from injury, bit harsh i would think.

But been told this a few times now, anyone know anything?

Know his contract runs out at the end of june, and if we realy wanted to keep him we would have signed him up weeks or even month ago!

After nurturing Smith through two serious injuries, i also would find it strange if he was released, a fully fit Smith could be our LB for a long time to come.

Unless he has had bad news from his surgeon??

I'd be surprised if we just let him go, but I'm equally surprised if we're going to keep him that his contract hasn't been renewed yet.

Although that might have happened behind the scenes for all I know.

Stevie Smith's injuries are symptomatic of a weakness which will haunt him for the rest of his career, unfortunately. I'd be very surprised if we do keep him on, we're paying wages to a player who will most likely be out injured more than he is playing. :(

My source is credible, I'm afraid to say :(

(And before anyone starts, I have never before spread rumours on this site, nor have I claimed "sources" before. This will be my one and only time (tu) )

id be very surprised if this was true, was watching Rangers V Maccabi the other night and Smith was dominating his left back position and flying up and down the wings ala Hutton. But I have no idea on the status of his injury, after his start a few weeks ago I thought we'd be seeing alot more of him. Something is obviously still not right because he is/was twice the player Papac is both in defence and going forward. I very much hope its not true

Websters going back to Wigan after another operation on a NEW injury. Cant see us renewing the loan deal, if we did then the conspiracy theorists over in Tynecastle will be fuming.

Hes been out for almost 18 months, he's never going to recover and looked a shadow of his former self when he has played! Injury or no injury a St. Johnstone winger tore him apart at Hampden, thats not good enough!!! If he is out of contract then I wouldnt renew his terms!!!

Stevie Smith's injuries are symptomatic of a weakness which will haunt him for the rest of his career, unfortunately. I'd be very surprised if we do keep him on, we're paying wages to a player who will most likely be out injured more than he is playing. :(

My source is credible, I'm afraid to say :(

(And before anyone starts, I have never before spread rumours on this site, nor have I claimed "sources" before. This will be my one and only time (tu) )

That is not good, thought it was strange he fell off the radar after two games, being fit and being match fit are poles apart.

But been told this a few times now...

By who? :rolleyes:

Still waiting...

Why does everyone have to name their "source"?

I can imagine home saying "yeah, i was with Martin Bain at a dinner & it was discussed" thereby dropping MB in it with his employers i.e. Rangers ... and soon after being criticsed for opening his mouth.

Can't we just take the rumour at face value, thank him for the information & hope that it is/isn't true?

But been told this a few times now...

By who? :rolleyes:

Still waiting...

Why does everyone have to name their "source"?

I can imagine home saying "yeah, i was with Martin Bain at a dinner & it was discussed" thereby dropping MB in it with his employers i.e. Rangers ... and soon after being criticsed for opening his mouth.

Can't we just take the rumour at face value, thank him for the information & hope that it is/isn't true?

Everyone doesn't it just seems a 16 year old football rumours expert from an island is more in the know than our manager is.