Papac

Does he have a future at Centre Half for us, I like him, steady, reliable and rarely makes serious mistakes. Reminds me of Stuart Munro in that respect. Given that we appear to be linked with a couple of LBs, can Papac be used in his natural position with Carlos?

Would make sense to, Papac has been second only to Carlos in consistency this season and with no natural centre half to partner Carlos (excluding Weir who surely can't play that many games again), then he'd be my choice. (tu)

I think Papac's performances over the last season warrant him being given a chance to show what he can do in his natural position.

Papac is a poor header of a ball. I saw him play at CH under PLG and he is better at LB. No way is he good enough at CH.

You beat me to it. Papac was pretty pish at centre back when he played there... cannae win a header to save himself...

Papac is a poor header of a ball. I saw him play at CH under PLG and he is better at LB. No way is he good enough at CH.

You beat me to it. Papac was pretty pish at centre back when he played there... cannae win a header to save himself...

To be fair playing as a centre-half in that team must have been a nightmare.

The entire team was a defensive shambles.

I'd still like to see a centre half brought in but think Papac deserves a crack at it.

I honestly think he's good enough at left back to be honest. Most teams have a balance in the full back positions; with one defensive covering an attacking winger (Wes Brown / Cristiano Ronaldo) and one getting forward to provide width for a 'cutting-in' midfielder (Evra / Giggs, Rooney, Park).

The problem was when Hutton left and Beasley got injured, Sasa then had pressure to contribute more going forward, which is not really his game. Regardless he has clearly tried and tried his best to improve, when it would have been very easy for a guy in his position to just cut and run like so many did.

Good luck to him, he deserves all the praise he has gotten this season. A man of real character.

Absolutely! some folks have short memories,Eh! Nvager? :rolleyes:

To be honest i reckon Papac has made Weir look good this season, simply because of the times he tucks inside to provide cover. His anticipation has been immense; does he deserve a crack at centre half?, i honestly don't know. But, one thing i do know (in my opinion) is, Papac should definetly remain a Rangers player. :rangers:

He was absolutely brutal at centre half under Le Guen I thought. I would much rather we just brought someone else in.

I think he's better staying at LB.

What I like about him atLB is that he covers the CH position very well, naturally, if a CH is out of position.

(tu) he covers very well, however hes not the best at going forward he has improved since the start of last season and I have no doubt he will continue to improve under WS and AMcC

I think he's better staying at LB.

What I like about him atLB is that he covers the CH position very well, naturally, if a CH is out of position.

(tu) he covers very well, however hes not the best at going forward he has improved since the start of last season and I have no doubt he will continue to improve under WS and AMcC

hes our unsung hero this season

Love the guy, but he can't put a cross in to save his life. He seems to position himself better as a centre back, for example when Alexander went AWOL during the UEFA cup final. The result didn't go our way in the end, but had Papac not been there to clear that shot it could have been much more embarrassing. Give him a chance alongside Carlos I reckon.

I would have Papac as first choice left back next season. He is solid and with a bit of coaching can become more of an attacking force on the left. His confidence grew throughout the season - during the first half he would bearly cross the half way line. 2nd half of season he was getting forward more and whipped in a few good crosses on his day.

Well done Sasa - I love when players get one over all the greeting faces that go on Clyde and tell the country how shite our players are.

He's a good defender thats about it tbh. He's not a left back...bit to slow, poor passer of the ball and pretty poor running at the man in front of him.

He could work well at CH but would defo have to work on his headering over the summer.