Klasnic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Besiktas, Olympiakos and Stuttgart are also very keen to land Klasnic, and the player would prefer if his future was decided before he turns his full focus to facing Austria in Croatia's opening European finals match on Sunday."

So we could expect an imminent announcement then?

"Besiktas, Olympiakos and Stuttgart are also very keen to land Klasnic, and the player would prefer if his future was decided before he turns his full focus to facing Austria in Croatia's opening European finals match on Sunday."

So we could expect an imminent announcement then?

I hope so, not many days to go!

That would be my Jersey! Nr. 17 Klasnic!

Would he really want to leave a team that are well known as an attacking free style team for a team which is now famed in europe for stodgy defensive grit where strikers have to run about without support?

I know we might change our philosophy but our image throughout europe,at the moment, is of a team which does not want to play any positive football.

It's also a reputation of getting to a European final very recently. It's not all gloom and doom. That should be more important than pretty football, which doesn't even apply to Celtic. For most of the season, they didn't look any more attractive or attacking than us.

Also, we have have played a fair amount of positive football.

I see Ronnie Chully is putting his usual spin on quotes that don't support it:

Klasnic talks up Old Firm signing battle

IVAN KLASNIC has invited Celtic to slug it out with Rangers for his signature.

The 28-year-old Croatian wants a club who are in the Champions League and is attracted by the fact Gordon Strachan's side have direct entry to the groups.

Klasnic - currently preparing for Euro 2008 - is on a Bosman after seven years leading the line at Werder Bremen.

He has no intention of remaining with the Bundesliga outfit after a major bust- up with the club's doctor, who he is suing for gross misconduct after the striker's kidney transplant last year.

Rangers have been on the trail of Klasnic for several weeks. But Celtic also have had him in their sights, and he has given them every encourage-

ment to follow up their interest with a firm offer.

He has the experience and presence Strachan is seeking to create more competition in the attacking positions.

And while signing Georgios Samaras for around £3m from Manchester City remains an option, snatching Klasnic on a Bosman for similar wages would also appeal.

Besiktas, Olympiakos and Stuttgart are also very keen to land Klasnic, and the player would prefer if his future was decided before he turns his full focus to facing Austria in Croatia's opening European finals match on Sunday.

He said: "I've had contact from a few big teams. Both of the Glasgow clubs have shown interest in me. I'll see what happens with my future as other clubs are also interested."

Bremen have tried hard to persuade him to re-sign. But Klasnic - who has delayed his arrival at the training camp in Austria to receive treatment for his kidney condition - is determined to quit.

Klasnic said: "Staying would have meant still being treated by the doctor who is being sued by my lawyer for what I consider to be a case of gross mistreatment."

I understand what you are saying, I just don't think we'll even get those players below the level you are speaking about. :)

What you don't think we can sign players from the SPL or the Bottom tear of European football and some Bosman if were lucky, cause thats the only place were going to pick up players... if our So-Called Scouting network streches that far!

Rangers Limits are really low.... but Klasnic is still a no from me!

Maybe you don't understand..... what Klasnic medical history is and thats the only reason why, i don't want him anywhere near Ibrox,If he was the same player before all his Major knee and kidney operations. he would have been a asset, but he's not the same player. :(

No I didn't say that you are jumping the gun you said world class players and u21 players from Europe who obviously have great potential. I said we can't sign players below that, below world class or those with great potential.

Eg, Players like Hargreaves, Flamini, SWP, etc we can't even come close to the second tier of players, we are looking at third tier players.

I do understand his medical history, and you are entitled to your opinion, but i disagree.

Well, as far as I know, you can lose your life if your kidney doesnt do its job and therfor I am sure that Ivan would not play professional football, if he would be in danger.

He had 16 Games already this season. Sub in 7 and Out 6. Scored 7 goals. Doesnt look to me as if he still has problems... does it???

I'd like to see him at Rangers, and we should push the boat out a bit with wages as we don't need to bother with transfer fees. As for fitness, he will be fit enough irrespective of the kidney transplant, hell look at Redgrave who I think it was continued training and winning Olympic goals for rowing and every other competition he was in and he suffered from Diabetes for quite a while.

I'd like to see him at Rangers, and we should push the boat out a bit with wages as we don't need to bother with transfer fees. As for fitness, he will be fit enough irrespective of the kidney transplant, hell look at Redgrave who I think it was continued training and winning Olympic goals for rowing and every other competition he was in and he suffered from Diabetes for quite a while.

Not a doctor, but I reckon a kidney transplant, or two in his case after rejecting one, is a bigger rick for an athlete than diabetes.

I'd like to hear an expert opinion on that, but I'm sure Rangers will get one.

think hed be worth a gamble, anyone have any idea how much his wages are and how much he would want here?

Some sources say he earns about 1,8 Millionen before Tax, which ends up in Germany about 1 Million, maybe 1,2. Lets take 1,2 devide it by 52... It comes up around 23k.

I guess he looks at 22-25k a week.

celtc can have Klasnic. Seems to me that he wants the highest bidder to come in for him. When we were linked with him earlier in the season there was talk of him being our highest paid player.

Why the hell should we throw a lot of money per week at a guy who cannot train every day, a guy who takes numerous pills on a daily basis and would not last a whole season. He's had two kidney transplants and a couple of cruciate knee injuries. Totally different from John Hartson.

A good player before he was hit with his unfortunate illness but he'll never be the same and he is not worth the risk.

celtc can have Klasnic. Seems to me that he wants the highest bidder to come in for him. When we were linked with him earlier in the season there was talk of him being our highest paid player.

Why the hell should we throw a lot of money per week at a guy who cannot train every day, a guy who takes numerous pills on a daily basis and would not last a whole season. He's had two kidney transplants and a couple of cruciate knee injuries. Totally different from John Hartson.

A good player before he was hit with his unfortunate illness but he'll never be the same and he is not worth the risk.

Muffger some fans just don't get it.

You would be better banging your head against a brick wall!

Hes invited Celtic to battle with Rangers for his signature.

What a fud doh

good signing, but he seems like a class A fanny. Keep him away

Klasnic talks up Old Firm signing battle

Klasnic says he has been approached by the Old Firm

Celtic first choice for Sam

by Ronnie Cully

IVAN KLASNIC has invited Celtic to slug it out with Rangers for his signature.

The 28-year-old Croatian wants a club who are in the Champions League and is attracted by the fact Gordon Strachan's side have direct entry to the groups.

Klasnic - currently preparing for Euro 2008 - is on a Bosman after seven years leading the line at Werder Bremen.

He has no intention of remaining with the Bundesliga outfit after a major bust- up with the club's doctor, who he is suing for gross misconduct after the striker's kidney transplant last year.

advertisement

Rangers have been on the trail of Klasnic for several weeks. But Celtic also have had him in their sights, and he has given them every encourage-

ment to follow up their interest with a firm offer.

He has the experience and presence Strachan is seeking to create more competition in the attacking positions.

And while signing Georgios Samaras for around £3m from Manchester City remains an option, snatching Klasnic on a Bosman for similar wages would also appeal.

Besiktas, Olympiakos and Stuttgart are also very keen to land Klasnic, and the player would prefer if his future was decided before he turns his full focus to facing Austria in Croatia's opening European finals match on Sunday.

He said: "I've had contact from a few big teams. Both of the Glasgow clubs have shown interest in me. I'll see what happens with my future as other clubs are also interested."

Bremen have tried hard to persuade him to re-sign. But Klasnic - who has delayed his arrival at the training camp in Austria to receive treatment for his kidney condition - is determined to quit.

Klasnic said: "Staying would have meant still being treated by the doctor who is being sued by my lawyer for what I consider to be a case of gross mistreatment."

The news Celtic have made contact with Klasnic will have been noted by Samaras, who has done a U-turn over his wish to secure his move from Manchester City before the Euro finals kick off this weekend.

The 23-year-old - who Bremen are considering as a replacement for Klasnic - initially wanted everything settled before Euro 2008. But that has proved impossible and he now wants to delay any decision until later.

Samaras said: "I've said my first choice is Celtic. I don't know anything about Bremen and at this stage I don't want to know. If Celtic want me and can agree with City, then it should be very easy."

Any bid for Klasnic or Samaras - Motherwell's Ross McCormack is also mentioned - would increase speculation Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink may go, and Feyenoord today refused to rule out a bid.

However, the Dutchman's dad, also his agent, has confirmed he expects Vennegoor to complete the final two years of his contract.

Celtic continue to be linked with Monaco's £2.5m-rated midfielder Jerko Leco. His agent confirms the Croatian would be interested in a move to Scotland.

Publication date 03/06/08

Imagine what would happen the first time Diamond and Caldwell launch into him; too risky.

You all dont get it, do you? Ivan is part of the regular team for 6 months and has played 17 games already... He made most of the games and he is fully fit...

He started slowly with the reserves for about 2 months, starting October 07 and made his first team debut End of 2008. He made the full preperation during the WInterbreak and is a regular part of the team since then...

Tackle by Caldwell and Diamond?? Ivan is too quick... And what has a tackle to do with his injury anyway?

True, he's played regularly throughout the second half of the Bundesliga season and looked 100% fit, has definitely recovered.

I'd take him in a second, people talk about quality signings but then say they don't want Klasnic while discussing Lee Wallace and Mark Reynolds. doh

Imagine what would happen the first time Diamond and Caldwell launch into him; too risky.

You all dont get it, do you? Ivan is part of the regular team for 6 months and has played 17 games already... He made most of the games and he is fully fit...

He started slowly with the reserves for about 2 months, starting October 07 and made his first team debut End of 2008. He made the full preperation during the WInterbreak and is a regular part of the team since then...

Tackle by Caldwell and Diamond?? Ivan is too quick... And what has a tackle to do with his injury anyway?

Agreed, it is a daft statement. A bad tackle will hurt anyone, not just Klasnic and is completely irrelevant to his old injury. I think he would be an excellent signing after watching Bremen quite a lot over the last 3 or 4 years!!!

I'd be worried by his injury problems. He still is a decent player though. However it's a bit of a catch 22 situation as I doubt he'll move before the Euro's, but if he has a good Euro '08, the chances are he won't come to Ibrox, and if he's poor, the fans will be calling him a donkey before he even kicks a ball.

Ivan has been quoted in various papers, he wants his future solved before the start of the Euro 2008.